Download 2015

dentalplan

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The layout of the date, the colour of the volcano and the shape of the zeppelin image have been used to show it was a fake poster.

Bit I wouldn't be surprised if Slipknot appear at Download or Sonisphere next year.

Ah I see. Yeah Slipknot will certainly be at one as it's not like they can do big shows instead.

Has there been any word on when the first announcement for Download will be made? If I remember right, haven't headliners have been announced in September/October the last couple of years?

Don't know. I think it was mid-November last year and September the year before when they announced early to kill off Sonisphere. Somewhere in the next six weeks I'd imagine.

Edited by dentalplan

Lamb Of God announced for Roskilde. I can see then being a second stage headliner at Download.

Also, Guns 'N Roses' guitarist has said that the band are going to be very active playing shows next summer, so that could add fuel to that fire. Although I think that Mötley Crüe will headline, if Download could get them subbing GNR as special guests playing their last UK show, the tickets would fly out I reckon.

Ah ok, I didn't know that was the case with LoG this year :)

Have you any other ideas who the other headliners/ higher placed bands might be?

*EDIT*

Oh, and some guy on the official DL forums who's 'source' correctly got all three headliners last year before they were announced has said AC/DC and Faith No More for Download. I can't imagine FNM would headline?

Edited by Andre91

Matt predicted Slipknot, AC/DC and GNR so that can't be it as Matt can't be right. :P

Them three with FNM and Motley Crue subbing would be very strong. I can't really see AC/DC doing stadiums and Download so I don't know about that, but maybe they've foregone the stadiums for Download or something.

Nova Rock and possibly Rock Am Ring announcements Thursday morning and each of those obviously have a large bearing on Download so worth checking on.

Matt predicted Slipknot, AC/DC and GNR so that can't be it as Matt can't be right. :P

Them three with FNM and Motley Crue subbing would be very strong. I can't really see AC/DC doing stadiums and Download so I don't know about that, but maybe they've foregone the stadiums for Download or something.

Nova Rock and possibly Rock Am Ring announcements Thursday morning and each of those obviously have a large bearing on Download so worth checking on.

I'm not too sure on AC/DC either, purely because of the last time they played. I know they've supposedly lowered their demands etc, but I just think it could count against them. Also, stadium dates, possibly Glastonbury too would seem plausible.

First lot of bands announced for Rock AM Ring, including Foo Fighters and Slipknot as headliners. Also playing are:

Lamb of God

Papa Roach

Asking Alexandria

Rise Against

In Flames

Parkway Drive

Skindred

Frank Turner

Slipknot for Download and Foos for Glastonbury :P? Nova Rock announcement later too.

Edited by Andre91

So perhaps something like this. Ones in italics being the ones that are neither highly expected nor announced to be around at the time, yet...

Guns N' Roses

Machine Head

Rise Against

Parkway Drive

Lamb of God

In Flames

Slipknot

Faith No More

Black Stone Cherry

Papa Roach

Alice Cooper

Airbourne

AC/DC

Motley Crue

Motorhead

Slayer

A Day to Remember

Of Mice & Men

So perhaps something like this. Ones in italics being the ones that are neither highly expected nor announced to be around at the time, yet...

Guns N' Roses

Machine Head

Rise Against

Parkway Drive

Lamb of God

In Flames

Slipknot

Faith No More

Black Stone Cherry

Papa Roach

Alice Cooper

Airbourne

AC/DC

Motley Crue

Motorhead

Slayer

A Day to Remember

Of Mice & Men

Would keep me happy although i'm very unsure on Faith No More subbing... surely they would rather go somewhere they can headline or do their own shows? I know they played third down at Black Sabbath but that seemed a bit different. Anyway here's my go at the lineup:

Guns N Roses

Motley Crue

Royal Blood

Parkway Drive

Coheed and Cambria

Pierce the Veil

Crosses

The Defiled

Lamb of God

Papa Roach

Slipknot

Machine Head

The Gaslight Anthem

Enter Shikari

Twin Atlantic

In Flames

Letlive

Hacktivist

No Devotion

Motorhead

AC/DC

Judas Priest

Black Stone Cherry

Rise Against

Asking Alexandria

Young Guns

Babymetal

Heaven's Basement

Motionless in White

Frank Turner

Don Broco

Edited by SOAD

The fella who was correct about last year (the only reason I'm thinking AC/DC) saying AC/DC also said FNM and I think Andy has said they wouldn't headline any more. Plus they played NME stage at R+L once upon a time and they really couldn't squeeze out a headline slot from Sonisphere or Download now.

That lineup looks very plausible and I think I'd prefer it to the one I wrote. :P

Royal Blood is an interesting one. I know they played this year but they completely fell out of my mind with them absolutely blowing up. I'd think they're nailed on for a high up slot at R+L so that'd probably wipe them out of doing a high up slot at Download wouldn't it? Or would Live Nation deem it safe enough to stick them on at both because of how broad the appeal is? I won't even pretend to know how they go about booking bands.

The fella who was correct about last year (the only reason I'm thinking AC/DC) saying AC/DC also said FNM and I think Andy has said they wouldn't headline any more. Plus they played NME stage at R+L once upon a time and they really couldn't squeeze out a headline slot from Sonisphere or Download now.

That lineup looks very plausible and I think I'd prefer it to the one I wrote. :P

Royal Blood is an interesting one. I know they played this year but they completely fell out of my mind with them absolutely blowing up. I'd think they're nailed on for a high up slot at R+L so that'd probably wipe them out of doing a high up slot at Download wouldn't it? Or would Live Nation deem it safe enough to stick them on at both because of how broad the appeal is? I won't even pretend to know how they go about booking bands.

Ah ok fair enough about FNM... well they would be a very strong sub if so and I'd be incredibly happy... yeah they headlined NME at Reading but that was same year they headlined Download so was prob half to do with their slot at Download and half to do with them not appealing as much at Reading. Think they could still pull a headline slot out of Sonisphere but agree they wouldn't do it at Download anymore. Would be interesting if they did a Smashing pumpkins and turned up at Glastonbury.

I reckon Royal Blood could do both high up. They seem nailed on for Reading but Kerrang seem to be promoting them a lot and of course kerrang is represented pretty heavily at Download. It reminds me a bit of when Biffy Clyro got big off the back of Puzzle they did very similar slots at both festivals in 07 at the start of the Puzzle tour then 08 when they started to get huge. Anyway if they only do one i'll definitely go with Reading.

Both of those lineups looks decent and plausible :)

With Foos being in Europe in June, a couple of dates at Wembley and Glasto would make sense, as I don't think they will do Download.

Slipknot

Machine Head

Limp Bizkit

In Flames

Papa Roach

Of Mice & Men

Every Time I Die

DevilDriver

King 810

Mötley Crüe

Poison

Gary Numan

Biffy Clyro

Faith No More

Motörhead

Rise Against

Coheed and Cambria

Architects

Pulled Apart By Horses

Tonight Alive

Issues

Lamb of God

Parkway Drive

Asking Alexandria

Guns 'N Roses

Deftones

Black Stone Cherry

Mastodon

Airbourne

Anthrax

Cancer Bats

Black Spiders

Feed The Rhino

KoRn

Five Finger Death Punch

Sleeping With Sirens

I haven't included Black Veil Brides, but they will probably be booked in a high position. Andy was bigging them up on Twitter again the other day.

Edited by Andre91

The Nova Rock announcement is pretty much the same as RAR without Foos and with some of the Germanic acts traded for other Germanic acts.

I was about to post about this :) Slipknot confirmed and it's the same weekend as Download, it's looking pretty set in stone now isn't it :lol: which is great for me and a couple of my friends, we love Slipknot and have grown up with them. It haven't seen them live yet.

Someone today said to me it's Guns And Roses, Slipknot and Biffy.

I don't think Biffy will play download but.. I guess it's plausible

they also said to me AC/DC will be doing glasto, but I can't see that happening either. Fleetwood Mac and AC/DC seems far too strong.

(my prediction from now on)

Would

Slipknot

Korn

Guns and Roses

Motley Crue

Biffy Clyro

Faith No More

be a good lineup?

Edited by Matt42

Guns N' Roses

Machine Head

Rise Against

Parkway Drive

Lamb of God

In Flames

Slipknot

Faith No More

Black Stone Cherry

Papa Roach

Alice Cooper

Airbourne