Cabaret Field bar, Wednesday 6pm: eFestivals meet

eFestivals

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone's welcome stopwn 1981 :)

It'll be a good night, lots of nattering, good music and.......well yes it does usually degenerate into a mess. :rolleyes:

Just introduce yourself, you can't miss us. There'll be the flag and *hundreds* of eFests tshirts. (*well a few anyway) :D

Nice one...me and my partner in crime will be there. We'll be three sheets to the wind no doubt by that time. You can't miss us, were both about 6'5" and will be noticeably overwhelmed given it's our first time!

Are non-regular posters/newcomers welcome or will we get funny looks? ;P

I think everyone will get funny looks, long-term or new! Just dye your hair read and see if you can get a free drink ;-)

I'll be really looking forward to this, though my shyness when talking to strangers, particularly in large groups will inevitably, result in me walking past and wondering what might have been ha-ha!

Secret is, everyones like that with strangers, because strangers are strange and we're taught not to talk to them. The efesters are even stranger than most, but take a plunge, say hello to someone and give them 5 minutes. If they turn out to be scary strange, you can always run!

Yesterday I happened to bump into one of the team involved in building and running some of the Glasto bars, including the one where the meet will be.

He said to me "Wednesday? The bar isn't going to start being built until Wednesday".... he then very nicely promised us access to another, restricted-access bar instead.

A bit later he came over looking a bit sheepish, and said he'd just spoken to his boss, who'd pointed out to him that the bar was being built on Wednesday - the Wednesday before the festival opens, a whole week before. :lol:

So anyway ... the bar will be built and fully stocked in good time for the meet. :)