Cabaret Field bar, Wednesday 6pm: eFestivals meet

eFestivals

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies, I didn't recognise your efests name. I know who you are now - you are marathon man. A word of warning though - I wouldn't advise heeding a word I say in future as most of it will probably be bollocks!

That's me! It's OK.. I'm fluent in bollocks :)

Was nice to meet you (and a few others!)

Turned up at a completely separate bar with a friend on the dot of 6:30, sat drinking for a while and thought "this is bullshit, where are they?", so I went for a look around, eventually found myself in the correct bar. Said hello to some people, had a nice half an hour, then realised I should go and let my friend where I'd gone, got back to her and she'd fallen asleep in the sun. Next year I will be more prepared and stay for longer. Very nice to see all who I spoke to, though. See you all again in 2015.

Apologies for being stunningly, appallingly drunk

Sorry.

ha ha were you :-) I didnt make it, I don't drink a lot in 'real life' but history proves that Wednesday night at Glasto i get stunningly bladdered - some people say I am then very funny and some people say I am a pain

So this year I made a conscious decision not to drink a lot on the Wednesday - as a result was too shy to make the meet, had a very pleasant day, but not an amazing, superb, memorable day

I have already said that should I be lucky and get tickets next year then I will be go back to plan A and drink loads on 2015 on the Wednesday - being sensible at Glastonbury is just no fun ! So annoyed with myself that I was in sensible mode gggrrrrr

It was nice to meet those of you who I met.

I don't remember all the names or al the faces, but I do remember that most of you were "normal" :sarcastic:which was nice.

I do remember that "Penfold" is a girl. A very nice girl at that, though maybe a little shy.

Neils wife is a star.

Oh and some woman owes me a pint. After we had a bet on who was opening the other stage on Friday. Could be "Spacey"

So pleased to meet you all. Did you all have a good time?

Spliffman (Clive) ;-)>

Was nice to meet all those I met, I realised early on though that the avatar is nearly as important as the name in my brain, so sometimes the name didn't ring any bells at all (although mine keeps changing and I've forgotten what it was in the first place)

Next year I'll print a t-shirt with interesting posts on (are there any though).

I was there for at least three hours and was speaking to a fair few people. Honestly can't remember their names but the banter and conversation was good. A couple of people who have posted above I do vaguely remember meeting.

Seemed to be a lot of people there who weren't actually members but were saying they were going to sign up when they got back. There was a guy calling himself Neil's son (not efestivals Neil but another one that was at the meet) he wasn't a member but he was hilarious. He made up his own username which was just ridiculous and said he would sign up once back.

Was good fun.

Best wishes to all whom I met. But where was russy? We were all asking and randomly accusing people in the crowd of being him...

Loads of people asked me if Russy was there, me being the one taking the register. :rolleyes: In the end I told everyone he was too scared to come as I had pledged undying love for him and asked him to join a menage a trois with myself and Neil....seemed to work. :)

Edited by Kizzie

I was there for at least three hours and was speaking to a fair few people. Honestly can't remember their names but the banter and conversation was good. A couple of people who have posted above I do vaguely remember meeting.

Seemed to be a lot of people there who weren't actually members but were saying they were going to sign up when they got back. There was a guy calling himself Neil's son (not efestivals Neil but another one that was at the meet) he wasn't a member but he was hilarious. He made up his own username which was just ridiculous and said he would sign up once back.

Was good fun.

That was my son, Neil. His badge said "Son of Pear_Cider" :) He has now registered with his new name of 3rdDegree79. I'm sure he'll be along at some point to say hi.

Have to agree...probably the best meeting in recent years due to the fact that it wasn't so busy there as the Cider Bus. Thoroughly enjoyed meeting everyone. Neil and I staggered away at about 9 or 10 o'clock I think!!

I'm in the bottom left hand corner of the photo above, wearing the hat and blue efestivals t shirt :)

Oh and some woman owes me a pint. After we had a bet on who was opening the other stage on Friday. Could be "Spacey"

So pleased to meet you all. Did you all have a good time?

Spliffman (Clive) ;-)>

I thought Coldplay was opening other stage on Wednesday until I found out on Thursday it was Kaiser Chiefs but don't remember having a bet about it

Edited by Spacey

On another note, Neil and I spent ages chatting to a very affable Irish guy whose name escapes me - my apologies. He had to leave site on Thursday to pick up his wife at Bristol airport at 11pm so wasn't going to be able to have a drink all day. If you're reading this mate, we just wondered whether you made it ok? :)

Trev

That was my son, Neil. His badge said "Son of Pear_Cider" :) He has now registered with his new name of 3rdDegree79. I'm sure he'll be along at some point to say hi.

Have to agree...probably the best meeting in recent years due to the fact that it wasn't so busy there as the Cider Bus. Thoroughly enjoyed meeting everyone. Neil and I staggered away at about 9 or 10 o'clock I think!!

I'm in the bottom left hand corner of the photo above, wearing the hat and blue efestivals t shirt :)

Superb.

HI, it was good to meet those that I actually said hello to. Met Neil and a few early doors and spent most of the time talking to Ian ( chuckles) along with my brother and a friend just outside of the main group just outside the bar tent. I don't remember what time it was but it was getting dark when I realised I'd hit a wall after ditching the cider after about 6 to 8 pints ( can't remember) and going onto Rum and coke, apparently I was pouring rather large measures from my stock into the coke we'd bought from the bar. Thus to say we left and while trying to navigate my way to our tent I tripped on a tent rope near our tent, fell flat on my face, lost my glasses, only to be found at the lost and found up at the farm the next morning and ended up with cuts to my head and a Black eye :) , all in all a good night.

Top, top bloke is ghandi, and his brother, and his mate. It was amazing when we talked about the music we loved, how similar were our tastes. What really took the biscuit was when I mentioned I had heard a band on sir robins spotify play list that knew nothing about but seemed pretty good. Vintage Trrouble. Fuck me, they had discovered them the same way and had spent the car journey down to glastonbury listening to them. So we arranged to see them on Friday at west hoots, which we did. For two songs before the lightening struck and play was abandoned. Massive shame they sounded brilliant. They played a couple of acoustic songs with the singer using a megaphone but that was it.

Ps I think ghandi's drunken state might have had something to do with his brother. I think he truly has hollow legs when it comes to drinking cider. I was likewise pissed as a fart.....

Pps big regret not introducing myself to more folks, especially Neil. So apologies and please accept my greetings on-line x

I 'noticed' that the Ridge & Furrow had a cheeky wee hidden cocktail bar through a door round the corner from it this year. Handy for grabbing a quick drink when you were at West Holts.

yup ... I managed to damage my step-daughter with those at the meet, which is why we ended up leaving when we did.

And then a couple of days later, I damaged her again, and the wife.

Bleeding lightweights. :lol:

That's a shame as I would have liked to have met you. Maybe next year - although my wife has said that she'll only go next year if we get campervan tickets. Time will tell.

Likewise Mr Yoghurt, was looking forward to saying hello. Definitely make it next year if I can stay in your campervan Tues night/Wed morn while my mates and kids wait in the q, I won't be so knackered on the Wed night then :)

Did it have octopus legs out the top of it ? And where did you access it from

We saw a tent behind the marquee with pink and blue octopus tentacles out the top of it, and said about a hidden bar, and then didnt visit it - doh !!!

you could access it thru a doorway from just inside the tent, and there was also a doorway in the wooden hoarding that was on the outside of the tent between it's main opening and the gateway into West Holts. You could just about see the top of the tent (a small marquee) over the hoardings, but I don't remember tentacles (tho I might have missed noticing them).