3 = 2004

4 = 2013

5 = 2008

6 = 2005

7 = 2011

8 = 2007

9 = 1998

10 = 1997

2009 was far worse than 2008 if i recall. 2008 was probably a 3.

If we're in the same ballpark as 2008 and 2013 I'll be happy though :)

Am I remembering a different 2009 to you guys? I remember our lot watching Fleet Foxes on the Friday afternoon and being so relieved the mud was drying up so quick. Did it rain after the headliners on the Sunday night? Because it definitely wasn't during Blur, and it was nice the following morning when we left.

Chucked it down Sunday night, though. Also rain on the Thursday, I think. When it did get hot, it was a bit muggy- much preferred 2008s weather over 2009.

Agreed. I can cope with sprinkles of rain if they dry up like they did in 2008.

My memories of 2009 are probably exaggerated as I had a back injury, so never being able to sit down and rest was really noticeable for me!

Someone should convert his scale into practical examples:

0 = 2010

1 = 2014 haha!

2 = 2009

3 = 2004

4 = 2013

5 = 2008

6 = 2005

7 = 2011

8 = 2007

9 = 1998

10 = 1997

2005 was the year of the infamous floods, no?

I was there in 2011 and find it hard to believe that can be considered worse! Surely not?

2007 was a horrific shitebag of a weekend! Just looking back through some vids makes me shudder...cold/relentless rain/wind and just plain shite really.That and 9 hrs or so trying to depart the site on Monday morn,still had a great time but worked bloody hard for it

2009 & 2013 started off very similar - gorgeous on Wednesday, gorgeous on Thursday morning/early afternoon. The rain then started on Thursday afternoon in both years (2009 around 6pm, 2013 around 4pm).

In 2009 the rain didn't stop until early Friday afternoon whereas last year is stopped around 8am...then the sun came out on both and dried things up nicely by late Friday.

If we're gonna have rain then, in my opinion, what happened in 2009 & 2013 with rain on the Thursday afternoon would be acceptable...putting a tent up in rain is not the most enjoyable of activities.

Edited by MickL

2005 was the year of the infamous floods, no?

I was there in 2011 and find it hard to believe that can be considered worse! Surely not?

Well, in '05 it only rained overnight on the thursday/friday morning…yes it was a deluge and the site was in bits, but I was in short sleeves for the entire weekend (got sunburnt on the thursday) and by Sunday it had dried out completely. Apart from biblical rain when most people were asleep, it was quite a nice warm weekend!...Friday evening in 2011 was a pain in the arse, '07-esque…Wednesday on the way in was also pretty manky…but then Sunday was a scorcher…typical Glasto weather really! (not this year though!) :-)

Well, in '05 it only rained overnight on the thursday/friday morning…yes it was a deluge and the site was in bits, but I was in short sleeves for the entire weekend (got sunburnt on the thursday) and by Sunday it had dried out completely. Apart from biblical rain when most people were asleep, it was quite a nice warm weekend!...Friday evening in 2011 was a pain in the arse, '07-esque…Wednesday on the way in was also pretty manky…but then Sunday was a scorcher…typical Glasto weather really! (not this year though!) :-)

Yes, in fairness I only arrived on the Thursday afternoon, so Friday's rain was as far as it went for me.

I'd be happy with 2013 weather, delighted with 2010 weather, pleased with anywhere in between :)