Self Confirmed

Rumblestripe

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stromae self confirmed a while back but does anyone have any idea of where and when he'd play? I'm thinking low on the Other or possibly mid way up JP, I'd have thought the atmosphere would be better in a tent for him.

Probably high up on one of the dance stages. I can't see him troubling the main ones.

Goldie looking chain but they might have been joking...

LM: So which festivals will you be playing next year?

AD: Oh none yet

BL: Lets just say Glastonbury is on the cards

MB: But dont put any money on that

BL: Well its rumored its going to be a two hour set with fireworks.

Link for context http://www.leicestershiremusic.co.uk/goldie-lookin-chain-interview/

Goldie looking chain but they might have been joking...

LM: So which festivals will you be playing next year?

AD: Oh none yet

BL: Lets just say Glastonbury is on the cards

MB: But dont put any money on that

BL: Well its rumored its going to be a two hour set with fireworks.

Link for context http://www.leicestershiremusic.co.uk/goldie-lookin-chain-interview/

Put them on the same day as Manics...

Hell, let's have a welsh day, and draft Super Furries in

Please

Please

Come on Gruff

OIB A local Promoter of ours just 'outed' Polica

OIB & DIY proudly present & welcome back POLICA for an intimate, exclusive Glastonbury warm up show following their spectacular sell out performance at All Saint's Church Brighton earlier this year.

Ha, great spot. Only thing is, that gig is on the Saturday, and they're in Holland for Down the Rabbit Hole on the Sunday (according to the band's website), so hard to see how it could be a warm up?

Ha, great spot. Only thing is, that gig is on the Saturday, and they're in Holland for Down the Rabbit Hole on the Sunday (according to the band's website), so hard to see how it could be a warm up?

*shrugs*

I guess they are playing Friday then :)

And Glastonbury is a warm up show for Brighton?

Edited by Yesiamaduck

Is this one of those "Down the Rabbit Hole" is a venue in The Park style mix-ups? I.e. the promoter got it wrong and they're not playing Glasto?

Is this one of those "Down the Rabbit Hole" is a venue in The Park style mix-ups? I.e. the promoter got it wrong and they're not playing Glasto?

As much as I think Brighton is awesome I doubt Polica are going to go from mainland to europe to england to mainland europe just for a gig here. It's likely they had a day free after Glastonbury and thought they might as well play another show.

yeah thats what happens, HMD usually play in 2's and there are 4 of them. so for example severino and luke howard will go glastonbury and jim stanton and James Hillard will go elsewhere, or a combination of.

I don't understand how that can be a thing.

##Sound of old man's head exploding##

Not hugely exciting news but Ricky from Kaiser Chiefs was on Absolute radio earlier...

Got asked about festivals: 'yeah we're doing all of them, even the ones were not billed on yet"

Sounds like they'll be there.

They're good fun live and their first two albums were okay. Some tracks on later albums okay too. One i'll see if nothing else is on.

Way it's going they could be Saturday headliners.

Ha, just checked their dates after you said that. They're playing Doncaster racecourse that night.

In all seriousness though, thoughts on where they'd play? Not really sure of their popularity. Subbed QOTSA other stage in 2011. New album just released. Mid-late afternoon slot on Pyramid?

Ha, just checked their dates after you said that. They're playing Doncaster racecourse that night.

In all seriousness though, thoughts on where they'd play? Not really sure of their popularity. Subbed QOTSA other stage in 2011. New album just released. Mid-late afternoon slot on Pyramid?

Probably 3rd or 4th on Other or afternoon on the Pyramid, they're not as big as they were in 2011.

they're kind of in the same boat as the likes of maximo park, falling popularity means where they would want to play (well... what their agent would demand) is unlikely to be available to them so they may not actually appear as a compromise may not be able to be struck.

see the hives playing super early last year. many bands / agents of acts like that would probably have not accepted that booking