Self Confirmed

Rumblestripe

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one found it a very insightful post! I now know that a band is potentially going to play Glasto! If nothing else its another band to add to the list of bands who we dont know have been confirmed yet or not, but with the added mystery of guessing the name too!

Its expert level rumour creation!

love it when people get upset by these cryptic clues :lol:

it wasn't even a cryptic clue, it was no clue and wasn't intended to be a clue. It was to show the sorts of things that are now getting sent out by bands.

And if anyone thinks that it's come from a band that's not in the rumours, they're dafter than a daft thing at a daftness convention. :P

it wasn't even a cryptic clue, it was no clue and wasn't intended to be a clue. It was to show the sorts of things that are now getting sent out by bands.

And if anyone thinks that it's come from a band that's not in the rumours, they're dafter than a daft thing at a daftness convention. :P

3 Daft Monkeys?

at this moment (to my knowledge, anyway) they're the only band in the running.

There'll only be another band in the running if they knock it back.

They won't knock it back... will they? from the sounds of interviews with them they sounded all up for it just have to see what happens

They won't knock it back... will they? from the sounds of interviews with them they sounded all up for it just have to see what happens

I've got absolutely no idea.

One side of me thinks that the background stuff couldn't have gone on for so long (4+ months) without it reaching the ears of the band and having their explicit approval, whilst the facts seem to say that they are contractually barred from being able to do it and will not be doing it.

One side of me thinks that the background stuff couldn't have gone on for so long (4+ months) without it reaching the ears of the band and having their explicit approval, whilst the facts seem to say that they are contractually barred from being able to do it and will not be doing it.

And IF Glastonbury are STILL trying for them, that would suggest they believe they are not contractually barred from playing?

And IF Glastonbury are STILL trying for them, that would suggest they believe they are not contractually barred from playing?

I dunno how far along the line the process might have got to (or if my info is even actually right), so I dunno if 'still' applies. It might have been and gone already.

But yes, if they were going for them they would have been doing so in the belief that it could be made to happen - it would be pointless if that wasn't the case.

But I know that what an agent might say does not always match up to what it is possible to do.

As I say, I have absolutely no idea of what way an offer might go.

If the" exclusive" with soni is unbreakable etc...

but as you said Its not like they would ask if they didn't think some sort of deal was possible.

so basically they could of had an offer, there has been talks for a while but you're hearing different things so not sure which way its gonna go... hmm... interesting