Prince, Metallica and Outkast confirmed for Glastonbury 2014 Festival today?

Guest StoneCircle

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Full transcript of what she said:

"Prince on 6 music. I’m going to have to fade it out just to stop these guys in the studio fantasising about the idea that Prince is gonna be (laughs) one of the Glastonbury headliners this year. It’d be good, it would be good. Now that we’ve had heavy indications from the arcade fire camp, and there was a ‘K’ word knocking around on twitter yesterday I couldn’t help noticing on my timeline, I think Prince would be a good counter-point."

Essentially tells us nothing, although isn't Lauren Laverne quite chummy with Emily?

"Prince on 6 music. I’m going to have to fade it out just to stop these guys in the studio fantasising about the idea that Prince is gonna be (laughs) one of the Glastonbury headliners this year. It’d be good, it would be good. Now that we’ve had heavy indications from the arcade fire camp, and there was a ‘K’ word knocking around on twitter yesterday I couldn’t help noticing on my timeline, I think Prince would be a good counter-point."

Essentially tells us nothing, although isn't Lauren Laverne quite chummy with Emily?

I love it when there's a headliner that could be spectacular but could also be a disaster (e.g. Jay-Z, The Rolling Stones). It creates a great sense of anticipation, an electricity in the crowd. Metallica would be one of those headliners. Putting them on the other stage would be such a waste.

Edited by 5co77ie

I disagree with you here, only due to the fact that, whilst I'd really enjoy seeing him as a counter-point to AF and Kasabian, he's no longer the musical force that he once was. Don't misunderstand me, his back catalogue is mightily impressive, but he hasn't really had a successful album here in the UK since 2006 and as such, I'd perceive him more likely to agree to one-off deals, such as allowing the BBC to show him headline Glastonbury, which would not really set a precedent or compromise his ideals but would expose him to a whole new audience and generation which would surely represent a win-win situation for him?

What with all the rumours/excitement, it's getting a bit frustrating, and I think the Eavii are teasing us...

For example, every time I am on Twitter and see the Glastonbury Festival official logo pop up on my news feed, I get momentarily so excited... Is it an announcement?!

No, it's just a picture of a sheep. Gah!

I disagree with you here, only due to the fact that, whilst I'd really enjoy seeing him as a counter-point to AF and Kasabian, he's no longer the musical force that he once was. Don't misunderstand me, his back catalogue is mightily impressive, but he hasn't really had a successful album here in the UK since 2006 and as such, I'd perceive him more likely to agree to one-off deals, such as allowing the BBC to show him headline Glastonbury, which would not really set a precedent or compromise his ideals but would expose him to a whole new audience and generation which would surely represent a win-win situation for him?