The National

Zoo Music Girl

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

Still gutted the Brixton dates weren't rearranged.

Yeah same, perfect venue for them really.

I’m missing tomorrow as well, best pal is selfishly getting married, he’s also as annoyed as I am as he’s a big fan too. 

Fingers crossed for a tour next year and an illustrious Other stage headline set. 

On 8/25/2022 at 12:16 PM, Hugh Jass II said:

Still gutted the Brixton dates weren't rearranged.

Do we think their next visit to the UK might be at that kinda scale?

Kinda bummed I didn't go tonight, though still don't feel 100% after I was unwell last weekend so I'm not sure how fresh I woulda been.

Said it before, and maybe I’m just used to the sound at glastonbury and London gigs are in the city do have different sound reg rules but the levels where I was stood were dreadful. I was only about 7-8 rows from the front too and it was way too quiet. Made the atmosphere very weird where we were stood. Really dislike London outdoor shows, +1 for wishing the Brixton dates got rescheduled 😢

Watched them in London on Friday and Manchester last night and both gigs were incredible but the crowd last night in Manchester was something special.  Best crowd I've ever been in at a National gig and that's my 9th time watching them.  My wife finally got to hear About Today which is magnificent as they don't play it often in Manchester.  They were just sublime and the Vanderlyle sing along with that crowd was just perfect. 

Edited by The Other Steve
  • Like 1

I'm here to reiterate the sentiments I am hearing about the Manchester gig, wow, it was my first time seeing them and my thoughts I had at the time that I was being spoilt are being confirmed.

The setlist was spot on and the crowd was wonderful and the band and the music suited that extraordinary venue very well.

😎

1 hour ago, crocodiles said:

So jealous of you all seen them 3 times but just couldn't do it this time money as ever and family stuff going on .

Hope everyone whose seen them this time round had great time . 

How was the Manchester venue haven't been there yet .

It was massive and probably not suited to a band but I think the sound was fantastic and very loud (in a good way) which made it a good experience for me. Idk about bar prices and queues because I don't drink.

Also really enjoyed APE, although still bitter we never got the 2 special nights at Brixton. Just thought I could listen to them for another 2 hours, didn't want it to end.

How lucky we are to have a band that have been this good for this long and still seem to just be completely on form.