The 2014 Glasto Get Fit Thread

Ruwise

So, to someone who actually knows about this - what sort of exercise is actually good for Glastonbury - I've been assuming stamina is important.... but I know very little.

Well I'm not doing any Glastonbury specific exercises as such. I'm just trying to get a little fitter and lose a few pounds. I reckon being fitter and carrying round less must help in any situation including Glastonbury. Not only that but exercising regularly boosts your energy levels.

The one thing that would help I guess is the cardio, due to a past knee problem I currently struggle to run so spend 40 minutes a day on the treadmill walking uphill, 20 minutes before a weight session and 20 minutes after.

Yesterdays weigh in saw me 1 1/2lbs down @ 188.8lbs. I also introduced Creatine into my diet so will have started to retain more water again.

Start Weight - 197.2lbs

Current Weight - 188.8lbs

Goal Weight 180lbs

Current Motivation 10/10

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like this not eating for 16 hours might be working for me. Got lots of energy and lost 9,9 pounds last week.

Just gotta keep it up and then I'm rewarding myself with a tattoo next month :P

nearly 10 pounds in a week? Well done! excuse my ignorance but isn't that a little too much in a week health wise?

i dunno how you have done it as you will have been in a 5000 calorie deficit every day that week! Never mind, well done!

For anyone losing wieght make sure you are using myfitnesspal, its free and calorie counts for you! The saying goes that 90% of weight loss is your diet.

Also weight training is something the guys I know swear-by to lose weight, while not everyone wants to lose weights by lifting weights ect... it can be a really good way (especially if your signed up for a gym already)

Edited by kemosabe

Aching again today after 2 hours of playing roller derby yesterday. After 20 odd years of searching I have finally found an active sport that I love, and that I want to get fit for

So onwards to cross training with a mission now to skate better and be stronger ... all of which should mean I am fitter and stronger for Glastonbury

Seems like this not eating for 16 hours might be working for me. Got lots of energy and lost 9,9 pounds last week.

Just gotta keep it up and then I'm rewarding myself with a tattoo next month :P

glad to hear it's working out for you! people think i'm nuts when i tell them i feel incredibly energised and focused when in a fasted state but it really works

that's a huge loss in a week, but yeah, a lot of it is probably just water weight (always happens the first few weeks). keep at it!

switching from bulking to cutting next week so i'll be going from eating 4000 calories to about 2000 - back to eating chicken breast and veggies for me! i'm gonna miss gorging on pizzas and burgers

• 4 weeks later...

Down 2 1/2 stone so far from last year's fest. Would like to lose another stone/ stone and a half for this fest. Hopefully with spring and summer approaching it'll be easier to put down the carbs and pick up the salads.

Good going guys, keep it up!! :)

well done you lot !

I really need a kick up the backside as I haven't made any progress at all. I really need to focus if I am going to be fit for the festival season. it's only 2 months to BT and 3 months to Glasto.

going away to give myself a talking to !