Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

Pretty sure it was 'who are the suburbs' in 2010 when they won the grammy.

It was! But I was merely posting a picture of the t-shirt that's become synonymous with the phrase as it's an official shirt from their online store :P

Refelektor

Flashbulb Eyes

Power Out

Rebellion

Joan of Arc

Roccoco

The Suburbs

Ready to Start

Tunnels

No Cars Go

Haiti

Keep the Car Running

We Exist

Afterlife

It’s Never Over

Sprawl II

Normal Person

NCTNT

Wake Up

Pretty good, although a couple of songs seemed to be lacking a bit (Rebellion and Afterlife, I thought, surprisingly). Went on for way longer than 90 minutes, so if they do need to cut anything I hope it’s We Exist and/or Joan of Arc. Good to see Haiti and Keep the Car Running. Stream cut out for Tunnels and No Cars Go.

Win seemed to have a few slip ups with the lyrics throughout, and then completely forgot and abandoned the start of Normal Person. Farcical but it actually suited the song pretty well.

Edited by bocumaroy

I'd guess they'd cut Joan of Arc, Keep the Car Running (sadly) and It's Never Over for Glastonbury. Only saw a few songs, turned it on during The Suburbs and Ready to Start before the stream cut out and I watched the last 3 songs as well, thought they were pretty good without being spectacular.

Haha, never mind eh? :)

What do you think you might watch instead? Metronomy would probably have been the one for me if it wasn't for AF.

Possibly Skrillez but not overly excited about that either. I think I'll just take the time to wander around and find something random and obscure. :) No doubt there will be something good on at in one of the smaller tents.

Apparently they played Laika in-between Tunnels and No Cars Go, when the stream was down. Think they’ll drop Laika, It’s Never Over, and Rococo for Glasto. Maybe one of KTCR or Haiti as well, if necessary, but I hope not. We Exist is probably the biggest lull, for me. I don’t like Joan of Arc much for the most part, but Regine’s vocals really save it.

Also worth noting that there was no cover.

Apparently they played Laika in-between Tunnels and No Cars Go, when the stream was down. Think they’ll drop Laika, It’s Never Over, and Rococo for Glasto. Maybe one of KTCR or Haiti as well, if necessary, but I hope not. We Exist is probably the biggest lull, for me. I don’t like Joan of Arc much for the most part, but Regine’s vocals really save it.

I really hope they keep Haiti and keep teh car running.

Laika, promising! I like It's Never Over, Rococo and Joan Of Arc, so I'd hope they make the setlist. Normal Person and We Exist I'm not too fussed about. The setlist does look a bit front heavy, it's really good to see Keep The Car Running Back, but I'd be a bit bored from then until Wake Up. Modern Man and Crown of Love would have been nice. Where has Intervention gone? Bring it back?

Would love it Laika was played, as I've said I thought it was gone for good on this tour but it's such an incredible live song. A galstonbury headline set with 3 neighborhoods in it is a dream for me. Also imagine if they played 7 kettles, that would be incredible.

I’d love Laika too, but if they are going to be restricted to 90 minutes, I can only really see one of Laika, Haiti or Keep the Car Running being included.

Laika, promising! I like It's Never Over, Rococo and Joan Of Arc, so I'd hope they make the setlist. Normal Person and We Exist I'm not too fussed about. The setlist does look a bit front heavy, it's really good to see Keep The Car Running Back, but I'd be a bit bored from then until Wake Up. Modern Man and Crown of Love would have been nice. Where has Intervention gone? Bring it back?

It was a bit like that, yeah. They absolutely nailed the start, Reflektor and Flashbulb Eyes were brilliant. Power Out/Rebellion isn’t as good as it used to be, for me. I don’t mind so much with Power Out, because it starts off more rhythmic(?) and restrained but then it sort of explodes towards the end, but the slightly slower version of Rebellion takes it’s cathartic brilliance away a bit.

Crown of Love was played at Coachella, which I think was a tour debut. Would love it at Earls Court, but can’t see it at Glasto. Intervention has been on the setlist every now and then, but it’s another one that I can’t see being included in a shortened set.

Edited by bocumaroy

is it just me, or are they sounding worse on Jools this evening than they did on Tuesday? I just had to turn the volume down :P

I actually thought the opposite. Already know was still boring but otherwise they sounded alright to me tonight...

I'm really torn on arcade fire- I like and hate them in equal measure- I'm probably going to go and see them, but it feels a bit wrong!

Their 2007 Other stage performance and foul faced attitude really soured me on them, was it just a bad day for them or are they always like that?

I think I've decided that I'll be watching these at Glasto. Was torn between these and MIA (basically my only two definite acts that I wanted to see) but I don't think I can miss an Arcade Fire headline slot on the Pyramid.

I was at the Primavera set and it was very good. Was quite far behind sound stage and still loads of people going nuts for it (though for some reason here Ready to Start was particularly popular).

Glasto might be a little more difficult with the more diverse audience though.

Yep, me too and I thought they were f*ckin' fantastic…not quite sure why everybody seems to think they'll only have 90 minutes at Glasto, I'd expect them to have about the same as they had here (1h 45m or so)…sure Springsteen played for nearly 3 hours! Anyway, can't wait to see them on the pyramid next...

What was wrong with the '07 performance?

Granted, they took an eternity to set up and get on but I thought it was a good set, myself!

I think they'd thrown a strop backstage (didn't they hate glastonbury for a while) I think they only spoke to the crowd to have a go at someone for their choice of flag. The weather was grim, the set they played was grim and the crowd were arsey too- saw almost two fights break out. It was a huge disappointment for me!

I think they'd thrown a strop backstage (didn't they hate glastonbury for a while) I think they only spoke to the crowd to have a go at someone for their choice of flag. The weather was grim, the set they played was grim and the crowd were arsey too- saw almost two fights break out. It was a huge disappointment for me!

It remains my least favourite Arcade Fire set…though to be fair, I didn't enjoy the weather that year any more than Win and Co did...