Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

I think the setlist was pretty much the same as Primavera, but with Month of May intended instead of Laika, but they didn’t play it because something went wrong. They’d both be in my dream live sets, personally/

Yep, me too and I thought they were f*ckin' fantastic…not quite sure why everybody seems to think they'll only have 90 minutes at Glasto, I'd expect them to have about the same as they had here (1h 45m or so)…sure Springsteen played for nearly 3 hours! Anyway, can't wait to see them on the pyramid next...

I’ve been wondering this, but doesn’t the pyramid stage have to finish earlier now then it did when Blur & Springsteen had those long sets? If U2 don’t get a longer set it would seem strange for AF to. Having said that, it looks like it might be difficult for them to get it down to 90 (the primavera video lasts around that length and there’s five songs missing!). Maybe they’ll just go overtime in the hope that they don’t get cut off?

I think they'd thrown a strop backstage (didn't they hate glastonbury for a while) I think they only spoke to the crowd to have a go at someone for their choice of flag. The weather was grim, the set they played was grim and the crowd were arsey too- saw almost two fights break out. It was a huge disappointment for me!

It’s on youtube, so people can judge for themselves. Never heard of a backstage strop, so I dunno. There are interviews where they talk about Glastonbury and it’s clear that they didn’t love it, but I haven’t seen anything to suggest hate or anything like that. Been a while since I watched it, but there was definitely more interaction that that, they did the whole “you’ve been amazing, thanks so much for watching us” as usual, so I don’t think the attitude (on stage at least) was bad. Also wouldn’t say they were having a go at the person with the flag; I found it quote funny.

Having said all that, I can understand being in doubt about seeing them or not, especially if you’re not fond of Reflektor. I think if you’ve never seen them before I’d say definitely go for it, if you have then obviously you’re in a good position to make up your own mind. The new stuff was great when I saw them last, and I’m really looking forward to Earls Court, but I think that’s partly because of the atmosphere they’ve been creating for their own gigs; I’m slightly skeptical about how the Glasto crowd will take to them.

I don't get the love in for Crown of Love on here tbh!!!

I dunno what it is, I've never really paid that much attention to it before but the last few Rococo is really doing it for me!

Crown of Love is fucking wonderful. Probably in my top five. I feel the same about Rococo, really grown on me.

I don't get the love in for Crown of Love on here tbh!!!

Crown of Love is my favourite Arcade Fire song mate! The lyrics are so powerful and dat guitar :O

They played it at the Roundhouse night 1 show last year... and ofc, I go to night 2! But get Supersymmetry instead, so not all bad!

Crown of love is my least faveourite from funeral. It's great but it will never have the same effect on me as tunnels and power out do.

Haiti for me. i don't dislike it but i remember thinking that it just seemed a bit tacked on in the middle of that album and that feeling's never quite left me

A little off topic, but does anyone think Owen Pallett could crop up somewhere? I presume he'll be playing with AF

he's definitely touring with Arcade Fire at the moment but considering he's not on the lineup himself it seems unlikely. can't see him being a secret set kind of act, and i guess AF have a lot of shows scheduled so he's probably busy with that

Lumiere and 7 Kettles were always my 'weak links' (if you can call them that) of Funeral.

Hadn't listened to AF for a while, but the Jools performance got me in the mood again. Half tempted to whip out some cheerleader pom poms during Normal Person.

Lumiere and 7 Kettles were always my 'weak links' (if you can call them that) of Funeral.

Hadn't listened to AF for a while, but the Jools performance got me in the mood again. Half tempted to whip out some cheerleader pom poms during Normal Person.

i watched the second Jools Holland with We Exist on and thought it sounded really weak. was never a fan of that song but it sounded rather awful on there. definitely wouldn't be missed if it was left out for me!

i watched the second Jools Holland with We Exist on and thought it sounded really weak. was never a fan of that song but it sounded rather awful on there. definitely wouldn't be missed if it was left out for me!

I enjoyed all 3 songs... but I've not listened to the band for a while, so it was just nice to have them back really

he's definitely touring with Arcade Fire at the moment but considering he's not on the lineup himself it seems unlikely. can't see him being a secret set kind of act, and i guess AF have a lot of shows scheduled so he's probably busy with that

Been avoiding tour spoilers, so was nice to see the lovely Sarah Neufeld on Jools (wasn't in the Reflektor promo). But what became of the tour violinist? Was she replaced by Pallet?

Been avoiding tour spoilers, so was nice to see the lovely Sarah Neufeld on Jools (wasn't in the Reflektor promo). But what became of the tour violinist? Was she replaced by Pallet?

Yes, Owen's back, and Marika is now working full time in Haiti helping make sure the money Arcade Fire have raised is being spent wisely over there. She played with the band at their gig in Haiti earlier this year.

Anyone who has any doubts they'll be at their best this tour, rest assured they'll be amazing. Seen footage from Brazil, and wow! If you've not spoiled yourselves yet, try and hold off a few more weeks!

Edited by Simpo

Haiti for me. i don't dislike it but i remember thinking that it just seemed a bit tacked on in the middle of that album and that feeling's never quite left me

I quite like Haiti, but I can see what you mean about it being funeral. (Listening to funeral now which is why I decided to comment)...it just seems to slow everything down between Wake Up and Rebellion!

Starting to get very excited for Earls Court :D 5 working days: D

I feel the new Arcade Fire shows are slightly influenced by Flaming Lips

How so? Read an article a while ago that mentioned Win & Regine going to see them (in reference to the whole Wayne Coyne thing), so maybe.

I am desperate to know their support for Earls Court, with so little time till the first show I dont think we will find out until the gig.

Feels that way. I think it’ll be Owen Pallett now, seems likely as he’s doing a few other european shows, and maybe they’d feel it less necessary to announce it?

Really excited for Earls Court now. I think I'll go straight after work and get up the front, as I generally hate the venue and don't want to be stuck in the middle with no atmosphere. It won't be a patch on the Roundhouse, but it will be a nice warm up for Glastonbury!

I feel the new Arcade Fire shows are slightly influenced by Flaming Lips

I can definitely see this, bringing on people in bobble-heads to dance is pretty resemblant of the random dressed up people Flaming Lips used to have dancing at the side of the stage