Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

I guess I must be the only one who just doesn't get or enjoy Arcade Fire.

I gave them a try as everyone is so excited about them but they just appear to be a load of people making a bit of a tuneless noise. Oh well.

No support announced yet, which is very odd. Owen Pallett has been announced for several of the european dates (dunno if that means he won’t be playing with them during their set or not), as have Antibalas and Steve Mackey (DJ set).

I guess I must be the only one who just doesn't get or enjoy Arcade Fire.

This is clearly false. Loads of people enjoy talking about how much they dislike them, though.

I gave them a try as everyone is so excited about them but they just appear to be a load of people making a bit of a tuneless noise. Oh well.

Also not true. They are people and they do make a noise, but it isn’t tuneless.

Edit: I’m sounding a bit snide again, there. But I mean, they get a lot of hate, you’re hardly alone.

Edited by bocumaroy

A slight bit off topic to Arcade Fire/Glastonbury related news but does anybody actually know who's supporting Arcade Fire, if anyone, at Earl's Court next weekend? And also another bit off topic so apologies but me and my girlfriend will be staying in Greenwich for the weekend, does anybody know if it's easy travels at that time of night from Earl's Court to Greenwich? I know the tubes stop around midnight but I think it's about an hour's travel from Earl's Court to Greenwich which may be a slight problem! Thanks in advance to anybody who can help with both questions!

No idea about the supports, but you should be fine getting back to Greenwich. Either get the piccadilly or district from earls court and change onto the jubilee line, then change at canary wharf for the dlr. Jubilee line runs really late and the last dlr from Canary Wharf is about half past midnight.

• Upvote 1

No idea about the supports, but you should be fine getting back to Greenwich. Either get the piccadilly or district from earls court and change onto the jubilee line, then change at canary wharf for the dlr. Jubilee line runs really late and the last dlr from Canary Wharf is about half past midnight.

Cheers pal much appreciated I've got the London Tube map up as we speak. I think Deptford Bridge on the DLR from Canary Wharf is right by our hotel so what you've explained is perfect!

No support announced yet, which is very odd. Owen Pallett has been announced for several of the european dates (dunno if that means he won’t be playing with them during their set or not), as have Antibalas and Steve Mackey (DJ set).

This is clearly false. Loads of people enjoy talking about how much they dislike them, though.

Also not true. They are people and they do make a noise, but it isn’t tuneless.

Edit: I’m sounding a bit snide again, there. But I mean, they get a lot of hate, you’re hardly alone.

It's clearly an exaggeration... lol

Hate is also a very strong word. I'm just indifferent to them. As I said, I just don't "get it" and that's after watching a whole hour of their live show the other day on TV.

It's clearly an exaggeration... lol

Hate is also a very strong word. I'm just indifferent to them. As I said, I just don't "get it" and that's after watching a whole hour of their live show the other day on TV.

A lot of people do hate them though, seems to have been a particular backlash with this album cycle.

What show did you watch?

Yes, possibly that. Yawn. :ninja:

Haha, never mind eh? :)

What do you think you might watch instead? Metronomy would probably have been the one for me if it wasn't for AF.

What do you think you might watch instead? Metronomy would probably have been the one for me if it wasn't for AF.

Same for me, hoping they might be sneaking on to Williams Green in the band roulette? Or is this wishful thinking?

Oh right, thought it might have been something I’d missed.

Anyone watching the Primavera set tonight? I’m intending to give it a miss but no doubt I’ll end up putting it on if I’m awake.

Would have been a tough choice between Metronomy and MIA for me. Want to see both of the sub-headliners at the West Holts and Park, too. Also hoping Metronomy will play on the Thursday, not heard a lot of them on record but just fancy seeing them live, for some reason.

Edited by bocumaroy

Oh right, thought it might have been something I’d missed.

Anyone watching the Primavera set tonight? I’m intending to give it a miss but no doubt I’ll end up putting it on if I’m awake.

Would have been a tough choice between Metronomy and MIA for me. Want to see both of the sub-headliners at the West Holts and Park, too. Also hoping Metronomy will play on the Thursday, not heard a lot of them on record but just fancy seeing them live, for some reason.

And shit yeah! was made up when I seen MIA on the lineup and was praying she'd be on at a good unclashable time so I could see her but very gutted she's on at the same time as Arcade Fire & Metronomy, horrible clashes.

I’d have definitely gone with MIA, come to think of it, so not that tough of a choice. Friday night is a bit like that for me. I’ll be missing Four Tet, MIA, and Interpol, all of whom I’d love to see. As long as I’m not working and there for AF, though, I’ll probably cope.

Also hoping Metronomy will play on the Thursday, not heard a lot of them on record but just fancy seeing them live, for some reason.

Really hoping they do the secret set on williams green!

It really would help heal the wounds of currently my most painful clash!

Heard about this loads but only just seen that. Personal highlight is:

Billy & Dennis said...

I can't believe people are giving you a hard time about this and the thing I find really amusing is what a whiny bitch Will Butler is being.

Waaaaa, what will NME say about me??
Is he kidding?

I wonder if the above poster Emily thinks that's sexy.

Edited by bocumaroy

Really hoping they do the secret set on williams green!

It really would help heal the wounds of currently my most painful clash!

Yeah, Ideally I’d want it to be Interpol, but I reckon Metronomy seem more suitable. Decent chance of them being the main act in there, although I’ve got a feeling it might be Foster the People.

Yeah, Ideally I’d want it to be Interpol, but I reckon Metronomy seem more suitable. Decent chance of them being the main act in there, although I’ve got a feeling it might be Foster the People.

Foster the people are playing Manchester on the thursday night so it wont be them Jungle into metornomy would be perfect for me and hopefully not too unbelievable!