Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

But sometimes he makes it out like the rumours he says are facts. He was certain they were playing T in the park right up until the announcement. And that was even after AF had said they were taking all of July off (obviously not true now with hyde park)

He did talk some utter bollocks re: festivals, he does seem to be very committed to the cause though. If there is any genuine information on Arcade Fire, the guy probably has it.

Was in front 15 odd rows at Primavera, they were pretty incredible. Don't think I've ever seen a show as vast and impressive as that. Setlist was about everything I could have asked for as well. Was not expecting three Neighbourhoods. Could have been louder is my only complaint, but I'm not sure that's their fault.

Also what they did for It's Never Over was fucking cool. People probably don't want it spoiled for them but it starts at about 56:50 here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTxX7FB2dug

Edited by Messy

Lorde is cool as support, not someone I'd pay or even go out my way to see at a Festival...but the earlier start time for Arcade Fire with it being over in West London is really really anoying!

Still better than not knowing in advance that its earlier usual I guess :D...Now to get Friday afternoon off work :P

So, did anyone else buy tickets in the presale for Hyde Park on the morning they went on sale? If so, can you tell me what company sent your confirmation emails? Or give me a decent idea of what the email looks like?

I got two tickets for it, got the confirmation with the details, then lost access to the email account they were sent to. AXS say they don't have the details I gave on record so apparently it wasn't them I got them off. But at the minute I'm having to just pray and assume the tickets will get to the address I gave with no other problems because my booking number and reference and stuff have apparently been lost to the depths of the internet since that email account went down.

Pulp cover maybe? The Clash at least one of the nights, obviously.

Pleased with this. I’d ruled out Lorde because of her show on the Friday, so it’s surprising, but I like her quite a lot.

Nah I'd say a Bowie cover, it is his hometown after all and apparently a friend of the band.

Nah I'd say a Bowie cover, it is his hometown after all and apparently a friend of the band.

Can see the doing a Bowie cover in New York, and I think that’s where he’ll join them, if anywhere. I don’t really associate him with London, for some reason. The Clash is very likely, but I’d love them to do a Pulp cover as a nod to Steve Mackey. Win is a fan.

If you have an NUS card, you can get half price tickets for their Hyde Park gig at the moment. Possibly the greatest student discount I've ever laid eyes on. https://twitter.com/nusextra/status/473525730127912960/photo/1

Mustn't be selling too well if they're doing that now. Did think it would be too much with earls court and glasto just before.

Bit disappointed with the Friday support now after living with the hope of seeing lorde for 24 hours but it's still Arcade fire so won't complain!

For me The Suburbs is a near perfect album and where I'd introduce a new listener. Stick it on, listen to it all the way through. Like an old record, its order and structure is more considered and as a whole album I think it's their best.

Mustn't be selling too well if they're doing that now. Did think it would be too much with earls court and glasto just before.

If they smash Glasto and awe the TV audience, that could have a positive effect on ticket sales and help it sell out in that last week.

as someone whos never really heard any music from them.....where would you reccomend I start? I see them hyped all over the place but as of yet ive yet to try them out for myself. which albums are they likly to play a good few tracks off at glasto for example?

I'd start with Reflektor, just because thats where they are now and then work backwards, maybe you could skip Neon Bible, as they seem to be playing more songs from Funeral at the moment.

It would be great if they did Common People at Glastonbury. Amanda Palmer did a lovely rendition of it last year, and obviously Pulp did in 2011, there should be at least one mandatory Common People ever year.

Arcade Fire covering Common People at Glasto would be off the fucking chart!

Edited by windy_miller
  • Upvote 2

You know I've been thinking how good it would be if they did like three covers in the encore, then followed by Wake Up as the set closer? Drop Here Comes the Night Time & It's Never Over (not hugely impressed by them compared to others they could play + they're two long songs). Imagine if they did a cover of Common People with Jarvis Cocker, Let's Dance with David Bowie and something else? Maybe Heart of Glass with Debbie Harry? Obviously never gonna happen but a man can dream... the crowd would be going wild