Mumford and Sons

Guest kevtamuk

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He won't play glasto... its brain surgery he's having not a standard op, he will probably still be in hospital by the time glasto comes around, maybe they are having 3 shows off to get one of their guitar techs or a session musician up to speed with their songs and set list etc...

If someone's already posted this then I apologise but here's a link to the NHS website describing blood clots on the brain:

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Subdural-haematoma/Pages/Introduction.aspx

It definitely implies that there is little chance of Ted being OK for Glasto.

Assuming he can't play, and Mumfords aren't unpleasant enough to play without a core member, then replacements seem very thin on the ground.

Blur - the go to fill-in source but wouldn't that screw up Bobby Womack's performance, given Damon's supposed to be in his band?

Stone Roses - exclusives at IOW, although I'm not sure if that's an issue for anyone AFTER they've played there (delicious irony of them being a late replacement to headline Sunday, of course).

Nick Cave - I'd love him to be bumped up but can't see it, particularly not on locals day.

How about Steve Winwood? He's another that failed to play that slot when he was supposed to.

The Killers? Personally, I really hope not - their egos are big enough.

Kasabian? They'd love it but they've been pretty critical of not getting the gig in the first place.

Move the Arctics and bump Dizzy? Given he's less relevant and important than he used to be it would be odd. And it would make Chic dangerously busy.

I'm struggling to think of many other alternatives. Shakey? One can but hope (and there'd be no leaving early this time if it happened).

How about giving the slot to Chic and filling the West Holts slot instead? That's the best idea I've had yet, I reckon.

Absolutely. If you are indeed human.

Im still convinced you are actually a small puddle of highly reactive primordial ooze, made up of basic unicellular organisms moving randomly throughout the internet and therefore unable to attend social gatherings. In the traditional sense anyway.

Give the slot to mike99... seeing the one & only efests warrior perform a one man monologue of his favourite comebacks along the lines of...

"No"

"LOL"

"Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. That's not funny"

"Still up for that drink at the cider bus buddy"

& the world famous "Agreed"

Play that toss over something produced by Nile Rogers & we'll be sorted for Sunday.