The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

2 hours ago, Justcalledtosay said:

I ordered one of these this morning - had planned on buying an Anker but I got swayed by the discount, so fingers crossed it's not shite...

37 minutes ago, Littlechef87 said:

I ordered one of these this morning - had planned on buying an Anker but I got swayed by the discount, so fingers crossed it's not shite...

3 hours ago, Justcalledtosay said:

If you search by most recent reviews about half of them are 1* and most of the 5* reviews received the product for free...

1 minute ago, sedra said:

Do the fresh and black tents keep you cool during day or just block out light - trying to help my niece decide whether to get one? 

Yep, rated to keep you eight degrees cooler inside than out. It legit works, it makes daytime naps/sleeping after a nightshift quite possible instead of being a baked nightmare 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Yep, rated to keep you eight degrees cooler inside than out. It legit works, it makes daytime naps/sleeping after a nightshift quite possible instead of being a baked nightmare 

I concur.

My one also has a nice zipped vent at the back so you get a through draft, cooling even more.

On 5/20/2023 at 9:52 AM, prog seller said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0BQ6Y3552/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had the thinner version last year which was ok, but upgraded for more comfort this year. 

Thanks, I've bought one of these. 1st impressions are great, I can't see it being a bother on hard ground like my last mat!

• Upvote 1

On 3/30/2013 at 2:26 PM, grumpyhack said:

Not a tip but something I'm looking for. A few years ago Aldi or Lidl (I always get confused between the two) had Prosecco in cans. Tolerably drinkable and gets round the no glass rule. I've not seen it for a while but their offers tend to be seasonal. If anyone spots any please advise.

Waitrose are doing various wines in cans, not sure if there’s any Prosecco though

On 5/26/2023 at 9:19 AM, 4AssedMonkey said:

This one is back down to £22.99 and 8% off so actually £21.15

Has good reviews and decent recent reviews from people who bought at Christmas

1 hour ago, the beadle said:

Waitrose are doing various wines in cans, not sure if there’s any Prosecco though

Have you tried these out? I remember having wine in a can last year at a picnic and it was horrendous. Can't remember the brand though. So probs worth trying out in advance, be keen to hear if they're any good

OK so this is slightly off-topic but seems like a good place to ask 🙂

I need a new winter coat, and summer seems the best time of year to buy one. I went to the Lakes during Storm Arwen and was frozen, so bought a new winter coat then. However, buying one in those circumstances meant I ended up getting some proper heavy ski jacket type thing that's actually too warm to wear the majority of the winter. I don't think I wore it once this year. So I'm still on the lookout for a new one to replace my ancient North Ridge effort.

So, water/windproof, decent hood, insulated but more of a lighter level of winter insulation than the ski jacket... any suggestions of good quality coats / bargains in the sales? Any time I see something in a sale while in a shop I can never find a single review of it online!

Satsumas are in the supermarkets (only seem to be available for 2 weeks for Glastonbury and 2 weeks at Christmas!). They are great for a morning hit of juice and vitamin C and come in their own compostable packaging. Do it!

3 hours ago, Levitz said:

Satsumas are in the supermarkets (only seem to be available for 2 weeks for Glastonbury and 2 weeks at Christmas!). They are great for a morning hit of juice and vitamin C and come in their own compostable packaging. Do it!

Seem to be an all year round thing these days