Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

9:00 - 10: Build up, Stones @ Glasto

10 - 11:15: News & Some other programme

11:15 - 11:45: Last half hour of Stones @ Glasto

Think that's quite realistic. BBC won't want to miss the start of the set, or the 'hits' at the end. Jagger and co. less likely to allow them to show the songs which aren't nailed down in the setlist.

Only thing with that is you'll probably miss the new songs, which I assume the Stones will wish to broadcast.

Edited by GlastoSimon

It's quite possible that they will do the "hour" in two parts. Although the Beeb article (quoting the PA) says that it won't be the last hour...

"According to the Press Association, only those at the festival will see the band's final half hour, with fireworks set to light up the sky over the Worthy Farm site."

I'm pretty sure they've cut away form headliner performances before, but it may still miss the last part.

Have to agree it's a pterry shoddy bit of journalism. 90 minute set? Yer, right!!

when restrictions prevented the beeb from broadcasting blur's entire set, it was a sort of 'highlights' show that was broadcast. a lot of fans who watched it on telly thought that they opened with girls and boys, though it was actually she's so high, and the bbc showed a sort of career retrospective while that was playing, before returning to the festival live(ish). so maybe they'll do a highlights show for the stones, rather than showing either the beginning, middle or end section.

Has he done that recently? I forgot he also did 'Hard to Be a Saint' the other night. You getting to a date or two chief?

"FBI" as its known between me and Nal (Full-Band-'Incident') was played in Brisbane in April I think. Not since then. Its never been played in Ireland.

I'm doing 4 of the 5 Irish shows. If its played in Cork I will be physically ill.

You going to Killkenney Wooderson? Reckon you might get the River run though to finish the tour off. Was at Coventry tonight and got Born To Run run though which was immense.

I'm doing both Kilkenny shows, yes mate. Doubt he'll depart from the "hits" those two nights - so no chance of something as cerebral and demanding as The River.

Teva from this parish saw him do that show in MSG back in 2009. As a full album it is deffo my favourite. The vibe off the last 5 songs Stolen Car->Ramrod->Price You Pay->Drive All Night->Wreck on the Highway is the 'Bruce' I want every single concert to be like. I can only imagine how amazing it mustve been to hear him do these in sequence with the full band. People talk about it at the same level as that heralded St. Louis show.

Think theres a really good shout at "Drive All Night" being played in Kilkenny. Hansard is playing on one of the days and he has often played it with Jake sitting in on sax. Another track thats never been given an outing in Ireland.

I'd say Hansard will play it at Glasters aswell for those interested.

/thread hijack.

Right at the end of a night shift and just spent last few mins looking through last few setlists. Am now tapping the drum intro to GOoMC on the desk and it's finally hit home. I thought it had already sunk in but it really hadn't.

I can really picture it now, been waiting 30 - 45mins tension building. Charlie walks over to his kit to a massive cheer and starts banging out that intro - builds the tension even more. Mick walks on to an even bigger uproar

"I LIVE IN APARTMENT on THE 99TH FLOOR OF MY BLOCK."

I don't know what was wrong with me a few months ago. Everyone - this is gonna be chuffing epic!

"Everybody - HEY (HEY) YOU (YOU) GET OFF OF MY CLOUD. C'MON"

I'm not gonna get to sleep now.

Off straight home to bang on my Beggars' through to Exile vinyl and dance around like a nutter in my sleep-deprived state.

Followed by Hot Rocks and More Hot Rocks if I last that long.

Gah! This has made me really excited :D

Reckon I'm gonna stick around in that 90-minute gap and just soak up some of the anticipation in the atmosphere. I don't want to be in the pit but about halfway back and reckon I might need to guard my spot. Even if they're extending the Pyramid I think it will be rammed.

I'm doing both Kilkenny shows, yes mate. Doubt he'll depart from the "hits" those two nights - so no chance of something as cerebral and demanding as The River.

/thread hijack.

Not sure about that. Springsteen has a habit of doing the unexpected. Most people expected a 'hits' set at Wembley, or at least a full album BITUSA. We got Darkness.

Apologies for talking about Bruce in this thread. I'm actually looking forward to The Stones too.

Gonzo, if you had to erase your springsteen collection or your stones collection and never hear it again, which would you pick?

Ah - I'm way more of a fan of the Stones than I am Springsteen. To be honest, there's only 3 or 4 of The Employer's albums I like all the way through. As a live proposition he's the real deal, but it's rare that I feel the urge to slap the likes of Greetings from Asbury Park or Devils and Dust on the phonomatogram. I'd take Exile On main St over any album ever made.

Bit of a Boss johnny-come-lately, if I'm honest. Loved him as a nipper, but parted company with him circa Tunnel of Love, dipped in and out but only really coming back into the fold round about the time of things like Girls In Their Summer Clothes. My wee bro's the one who kept the torch burning.

I'd say Hansard will play it at Glasters aswell for those interested.

/thread hijack.

Usually when he's doing 2 shows in the same place the second night has been more special than the first one,

I could see Bruce joining Glen for Drive all Night (in Kilkenny, not Glasto of course)

GH doing Drive all night at Glasto would be awesome, but usually he's doing it with a guest afaik (Eddie Vedder last year, or Jake for a couple of times)

Let's just start a Bruce Springsteen-thread everyone: otherwise the Stones-Fans will be pissed off :D

got to say the boss last night in coventry was immense! nothing short of magical!

anyone who can keep my hyper 7 year old on the edge of his seat for 3 and a half hours must be doing something right!

we are now both buzzing to see how the stones compare?

That Glasto didnt go back in for Bruce this time around is a travesty. Wembley, Hampden and Cov all looked like quality shows. The Irish dates have a lot to live up to. Think people with a Leeds ticket may have the show of the tour in their hands however.

Not sure about that. Springsteen has a habit of doing the unexpected. Most people expected a 'hits' set at Wembley, or at least a full album BITUSA. We got Darkness.

Apologies for talking about Bruce in this thread. I'm actually looking forward to The Stones too.

Not a hope of him rattling through 90 minutes of The River for Kilkenny. The pink-cowboy-hat brigade want the hits. Whilst I would lose my shit to hear him do "Point Blank" the local munters would start booing.

Got mixed emotions about these full album shows. Only seeing two shows on this leg and would have been pretty bummed out to get handed Born In The USA twice on the trot.

That said, would sell a kidney for a Darkness On the Edge of Town show.

Saw that in Stockholm last month.; And the full album thing was new so still a surprise then. Not sure now how I'd feel waiting and knowing hes going to play a full album (although I had a hunch before the gig).

I'm not a fan of the format really. The missus hadn't a clue about the album before the gig and she loved it now so it works I suppose.