2013 Headliners

Guest shangri-la_steward

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of agree although having got beyond the utterly dire headliners and the acts mentioned on the front page of efests I can see a number of acts there that I'd like to pop up at Glasto somewhere. I think Neil has deliberately chosen the blandest acts to put on the sub-headline to wind people up a bit more than KoL and Beyonce already would have done!

I'm 50/50 on Wham.

I didn't/don't care much for their output, it's pure-pop, which is fine, just not my thing. If they did play on Sunday I would be forced to watch it, as my Mrs. 40th birthday on 30/Jun, and she would LOVE that!

So, not bothered for me, would be nice for the Mrs. though, but I would be forced to watch them...

what I've heard might be a pisstake from that, but it might not be either.

Matey who sent me the Wham thing definitely gets his hands on good info - tho unfortunately not everything he gets is good (there's a reason for why, I can't go into details).

I'm inclined to think it's not right, but because I know the source does get good info I can't exclude it entirely.

"Everything she wants" and "Edge of Heaven" are tunes, but to think they could headline with just Wham tracks is (i suspect) Neil trolling the bottom feeders at The S*n again.

George himself could probably play his own stuff to bolster the set but to think that they can maintain the attention of 80K with "Wham Rap" and "Young Guns" isnt reasonable.

Yourself and Scotty up there doing Cliff tracks is more likely Neil.

I can't for the life of me understand how and why Wham would be headliners, maybe I'm too young to get it. Always considered them popular but not that popular.

Wham perhaps weren't that big, but within minutes of Wham splitting George Michael was the biggest act in the world.

I can't really see Wham @ Glasto happening, and I'd say in normal circumstances a reformed Wham probably wouldn't get a sniff of headlining Glasto, but as a back-up for the stones or playing before them as a one-off show I can't quite see as impossible.

For all we know, Emily might have seen that Mirror story last summer and noticed that the date fell in the middle of Glasto and then thought "we could do that...".

As I say I don't really put much faith in what's been said to me, but even so I can't dismiss it entirely.

"Everything she wants" and "Edge of Heaven" are tunes, but to think they could headline with just Wham tracks is (i suspect) Neil trolling the bottom feeders at The S*n again.

George himself could probably play his own stuff to bolster the set but to think that they can maintain the attention of 80K with "Wham Rap" and "Young Guns" isnt reasonable.

Yourself and Scotty up there doing Cliff tracks is more likely Neil.

As I say, I don't put much faith (ha!, see what i did there? :P) in it, but I can't dismiss it entirely.

Who knows, perhaps it'd be a George Michael set with a cameo of some Wham stuff in the middle of it?

I've merely passed on what someone has said to me - and he's far from sure about it himself - but it's very definitely the case that he gets good info (but not all the time).

This sounds more reasonable. But George Michael followed by the Stones (!) on that Pyramid = 100K+ and you and I know that aint happening.

whoever it is before the stones, I guarantee they'll be a crowd-shifting act - there's no chance it'll be an act that'll keep most of the same crowd for both sets.

While I don't put much credence in what I've been sent, I've got more confidence in it right now than I did when I first read the email. It's either a great wind-up by someone with a very good memory, or there's something to it.