Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

Got myself a new pair of waterproof, fleece lined, walking/snow boots ready for a three day trip to Iceland at the end of the month. Less than half price at TK Maxx plus some thermal long johns and vests at Lidl. Although they're intended for our Northern Lights trip they are also a really useful top up for the festival wardrobe.

Mrs GH doesn't complain if I'm spending on gear for a holiday with her though if it had just been a festival purchase it would have been harder to justify.

Bought 2nd hand charity shop, but uber-quality and uber-comfort, pair of black leather sofas. Hundred quid, probably from a two grand set. Scored a gorgeous black glass coffee table to match. Ordered a new washer/drier and convection cooker (no gas at new property), lovely looking things in silver. Good brands too on end-of-line discounting. Have found a flooring company that will put down laminate and thick underlay for a price I can get with, not going for wood colours but a white/light grey/silver kind of mottle. Hadn't "planned" on a monochrome theme but it's taking shape.

Doing all this on benefits / cash-in-hand small jobs has been a bit of a struggle but it's amazing how much disposable income I get when I stop doing drugs for a week or two. Mind you, I truly miss the drugs.

Driving home yesterday evening in the hissing rain the traffic came to a stop on the dual carriageway. I stopped but unfortunately the car following me didn't quite stop in time and hit my rear end. Luckily I have a tow bar fitted and the following car hit that rather than the bodywork.

We did the exchange of details thing and this morning I went in to the tow bar fitters to see if there had been any damage underneath. But all was OK.

Was able to ring the worried woman who hit me and tell her no damage, so forget it.

I once had an accident towing my old trailer tent for the first time when it detached and hit an oncoming car at a busy junction in rush hour traffic. I put my hand up, admitted responsibility and the guy I'd hit said: "No worries the car goes in tomorrow under the government's scrappage scheme and I get the same for it regardless of the condition. Forget it."

That was a huge relief to me so it feels good that I've been able to say "Forget it" to someone else.

What goes round, comes round.

• Upvote 2

Driving home yesterday evening in the hissing rain the traffic came to a stop on the dual carriageway. I stopped but unfortunately the car following me didn't quite stop in time and hit my rear end. Luckily I have a tow bar fitted and the following car hit that rather than the bodywork.

We did the exchange of details thing and this morning I went in to the tow bar fitters to see if there had been any damage underneath. But all was OK.

Was able to ring the worried woman who hit me and tell her no damage, so forget it.

I once had an accident towing my old trailer tent for the first time when it detached and hit an oncoming car at a busy junction in rush hour traffic. I put my hand up, admitted responsibility and the guy I'd hit said: "No worries the car goes in tomorrow under the government's scrappage scheme and I get the same for it regardless of the condition. Forget it."

That was a huge relief to me so it feels good that I've been able to say "Forget it" to someone else.

What goes round, comes round.

That's a nice story. We had a not so nice one, my husband was backing out of our drive and trying to avoid the 2 cars parked either side of our drive and the row of cars parked across the road, when he touched one of the cars. They were out with a camera and gaggling away, my husband couldn't even see any damage, just a bit of dirt, but they swore there was a dent in their car. They did claim on the insurance, so there must have been some damage.

But the annoying thing is that all the cars parked on their side of the road, and ours, which makes it so difficult to navigate out of our drive, particularly as we're on a corner, ALL belong to them.

Edited by feral chile

I monumentally managed to fuck up the settings on my computer somehow a few days ago. This has meant I have had limited speedy access to my normal sites that I visit. In addition, the functionality (if that is such an IT thing) has gone majorly askew. This has driven me to frustration. Anyway, my stepson is coming over within the hour and he should be able to get it back to normal. The idea of this is making me happy right now. You know how I crave normality!

Great news for you if it works out yogurt. You've had a rough couple of weeks and deserve the break

I've had to up vote that comment, because of the vision of the tongue firmly placed in the cheek when quoted.

Fortunately it's more likely to work out than not. The vary caring rottweilers we introduced the situation to last night, have said they'll sort the problem. They then went on to say that they'll do this by giving the 'issue' to a psychopath to deal with.

Sometimes you've just got to laugh.