Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

This one's kind of intricated a little. I have known one friend who went to the same secondary school as me since I was 11 years old. I say known, because, if truth be known, he didn't actually become anywhere near a close friend until after we left school. It was during this time that I met his sister a few times. I was attracted to her but we never saw each other again for many many years after those initial meetings. In the mean time my friend married for the second time and his wife and his sister became very close. Too cut a long story short, I then re-met his sister, fell in love straight away, and married her last May.

However, while this went on my friends wife and my then girlfriend (his sister) had a gradual fall out which became quite extreme. Anyway, they visited us during the week on Thursday evening in an unannounced attempt at getting things back to the way they were. After they left my wife decided to write an email to her sister in law stating her position in full, and that she wanted her sister in law back as a friend like the way it was before. Now she has just received an email back from her sister in law stating that she too wants that friendship back.

The words used and content in both emails are strong and powerful to say the least. I'm glad they were, as it's best to be honest and open in these situations.

It's early days but I have positive feelings that they will be able to heal the wounds together, and get back a fine friendship. This is what is making me happy right now.

Awww I hope so, friendship's the foundation of every strong interpersonal relationship, in my opinion.

Collected my new (well second-hand) car today. A 10 year old Audi A6 Quattro Allroad but in good nick. Should make light work of towing the caravan and I can't wait for a bit of bad weather to test the 4WD. Sold my Honda, which was in excellent condition to an old friend.

Only problem is now working my way through a 300 page manual to learn how to do all the things it's supposed to do.

Collected my new (well second-hand) car today. A 10 year old Audi A6 Quattro Allroad but in good nick. Should make light work of towing the caravan and I can't wait for a bit of bad weather to test the 4WD. Sold my Honda, which was in excellent condition to an old friend.

Only problem is now working my way through a 300 page manual to learn how to do all the things it's supposed to do.

You read manuals about objects you've bought? I can't bring myself to do so. Objects have historically stayed in boxes until someone I know knows how to make them work. I don't know what it is but I have a real dislike of manuals. Just like mathematics and politics they bore me stupid. Or maybe that should be more stupid.

When all else fails read the manual - sometimes it's the only way. I'm still trying to get my head around the car's Sat Nav but I have cracked the sound system and today took it up the cart track over my local mountain to test its off-road capabilities. I'm definitely a boy with a new toy.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm offensively happy about my new job. It's also consistently hilarious

I was ripping crap out of a hedge when one of the boys about 6yo fell over near me, he cried out and his buddy asked him "do you have diarrhoea?"

You are either a lollipop person or a deviant adult. Come on, which one is it, or is it actually both?

I know it's a dodgy call posting that one frostypaw. I hope you interpret it in the way it was intended.

Anyone want to give me a job? I'm depressed up in Leeds & need to move asap.

Stay in Leeds, whatever the stress, it's a big city (in Yorkshire terms) and you can easily avoid the stress. It really could be a lot worse. You could be in the same situation but living in Bradford. Every cloud my friend

You are either a lollipop person or a deviant adult. Come on, which one is it, or is it actually both?

I know it's a dodgy call posting that one frostypaw. I hope you interpret it in the way it was intended.

It's worse, I'm a strange man who giggles in hedges lol

I've not been told off for laughing at them yet. I've learnt not to walk back through the middle after lunch though, it's like taking hallucinogens wandering through a slew of different bonkers games and chases going on with screaming and laughter all around.

Blissfully not a teacher so can still do glasto :D woot I get to do my job, laugh a lot and walk away *cake*

.... and my freak of a neighbour has already been outside 5 times to complain to the scaffolders about the noise.

Apparently, nothing is allowed to happen on this street that disturbs her. I think she's about to have a tough 2 weeks or so. :lol:

We had someone from way up the street come complaining to my husband when he was working on his car, reckoning he was interfering with his TV. The only thing on in those days at that particular time was Children's Hour :)

• 3 weeks later...

After the better part of a year of temping I got my permanent contract this week. It means a jump from weekly to monthly pay, so I was cacking it a bit, but I just got an email with the balance of my holiday pay and it was more than I was expecting, so I have shit all to worry about financially as long as I'm prudent and grab a couple of extra shifts in my last weekly wage :)

• Upvote 1