Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

Fantastic! Yep they actually work quite well for a fair number of people, especially if you employed by a decent person. Suited me loads at Uni, as I'd be able to say I couldn't make it in for certain weekends etc. but during the holidays/christmas I picked up extra work.

well, I've yet to find out properly if the boss is a decent person, but it looks like I might have hit gold. It's everything I'm wanting, including inverse seasonality to festie stuff.

Fingers crossed now that he does actually get back to me. He was dead keen but first needs to kick the idea around with one or two others.

Reconnected with my best friend from high school. The only person from that time in my life I have any interest in communicating with.

That's nice Spindles. I'm still friends with several of the desperados from my secondary school. I'm also still friends with people from my primary school. The common denominator they all have is lunacy. It's a great leveller.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm feeling really brave again. A humungous spider walked through my kitchen, and I trapped it in a jar, which is an achievement. The poor thing had already been skirting the edges, and once trapped you could tell it was frantic. After longer than I would have liked building up courage, compassion won out and I managed to find something to cover the jar with and took it out.

It'll probably die out there now, but hey ho at least it's got a chance of finding its way back in and hiding. And at least I didn't squish it.

edit: I can hear next door's kids talking about seeing a spider - I hope it's not 'my' spider :(

Edited by feral chile

A brilliant day. Mrs Grumpyhack has agreed to me spending some of our domestic kitty on a new (well another secondhand) car. I've persuaded her to go with an Audi A6 Quattro Allroad. It's nine years old - the same age as my old Honda but with a bit more oomph and the 4WD guts to tow a heavy caravan. So may be able to consider festivals a bit farther afield.

I wanted something with 4WD but that looks like an estate car and not a Chelsea Tractor.

057.JPG

• Upvote 1

A brilliant day. Mrs Grumpyhack has agreed to me spending some of our domestic kitty on a new (well another secondhand) car. I've persuaded her to go with an Audi A6 Quattro Allroad. It's nine years old - the same age as my old Honda but with a bit more oomph and the 4WD guts to tow a heavy caravan. So may be able to consider festivals a bit farther afield.

I wanted something with 4WD but that looks like an estate car and not a Chelsea Tractor.

057.JPG

Nice motor.

I used to have a Volkswagon Golf estate which was so useful for lugging stuff around in. I kept that car until it could give no more. I have now gone the whole hog and drive around in a Vauxhall Vivaro van. It currently contains 3 belfast sinks, two full sized mannequins, four half sized mannequins (which I picked up about 20 minutes ago for £5 each), a large motorized chiropodists chair (I'm still trying to work out why I bought this), two large leaded window panes of glass, and two foldable chairs that one of my brothers gave me earlier today (to be put into the camper van for future use at festivals). Which reminds me - I really must clean out the van. It's getting a little eccentric in there!

• Upvote 1

So why does Yog carry around two full sized and four half sized mannequins in his van? A Belfast sink for the best suggestions.

Reckon the mannequin family are lined up for a sacrificial burning come nov 5th; the belfast sinks are for cultivating 'plants of interest'.

So why does Yog carry around two full sized and four half sized mannequins in his van? A Belfast sink for the best suggestions.

That's nothing, you should see the contents of my garage. I have an extended family of mannequins living in there - I think there's about 8 of them in total. Plus we have a mannequin in the bathroom and one in the front lounge.

If you hadn't already guessed it - I have a mannequin problem. I originally bought a load of them from a fancy dress shop. The lady who owned the shop was having a clear out and had found them all in her cellar. My intention then was to cloth them and have them dotted around my back garden in various poses. I thought it would be quite arty, but haven't had the bottle yet to go for it, as there's no doubt at all that it would piss off the neighbours - one of which has already likened my back garden to that of Steptoe & Son's yard.

• Upvote 1

Getting back from a job interview and getting called straight away with an offer. After months of tedious applications and bollocks it's great to go in, have an interview, and not have my time pissed about waiting and possibly not ever hearing back.

That's good to hear.

I remember some of the times there were job interviews at my last place of work. I recall feeling really sad for the external job applicants, as I already knew (by which I mean my sixth sense told me) that the jobs would go to specific people internally who were mates of the people doing the interviews. I was never proved wrong. It really was a place where if your face fitted you got to go up the career ladder. I never ever even tried in all the almost 25 years I worked there. I simply couldn't be arsed with the game. At one point I did have a member of higher management almost begging me to take a higher position that was available. I told him I simply wasn't interested. In all my years working I have never come across a more incompetent person. Basically he wanted me to do his work for him, and then for him to take all the praise. Internally i thought to myself 'you can fuck off mate'.

That's good to hear.

I remember some of the times there were job interviews at my last place of work. I recall feeling really sad for the external job applicants, as I already knew (by which I mean my sixth sense told me) that the jobs would go to specific people internally who were mates of the people doing the interviews. I was never proved wrong. It really was a place where if your face fitted you got to go up the career ladder. I never ever even tried in all the almost 25 years I worked there. I simply couldn't be arsed with the game. At one point I did have a member of higher management almost begging me to take a higher position that was available. I told him I simply wasn't interested. In all my years working I have never come across a more incompetent person. Basically he wanted me to do his work for him, and then for him to take all the praise. Internally i thought to myself 'you can fuck off mate'.

Last place I worked I got fucked over a few times in favour of careerists. I did more than my share of work and others took the credit. Got seriously fucked off by the end and so glad I'm out of there. So much fucking back-stabbing and mate-pumping. I hate the game and don't ever want to play it or linger in a place where it's played again.

I hate the game and don't ever want to play it or linger in a place where it's played again.

Same here. I rather cunningly managed to orchestrate my own redundancy in March. I'm so glad to be away from office politics etc. Unfortunately the redundancy money is disappearing a lot faster than I'd hoped. This means that I may have to go back in to the rat race sooner than I had originally anticipated. If only illegal drugs were cheaper I'd not be in this position. Still, I had the summer off to play. And play I did.

I really need to get myself back working for a small company with a good boss. Had that for 5 years but I got bored so I left. God I miss bored

The company I used to work for had philanthropic beginings. It was a real joy to work there for many a year. Then things slowly started to change bit by bit. This slow creep eventually led it to become what it is now - a monster with scant accountability at board and upper management levels - partially assisted by a Lord on the board who's self interest is both transparent and nauseating.

I have was sent an email from a radio station sometime yesterday. It had a little film attachment on it with someone talking to Jamie Oliver. For reasons, which elude me right now, I pressed the play button. So glad that I did. The piece concluded with a competition to say what tattoo Jamie Oliver should get to celebrate his 40th birthday, and also where the tattoo should be located on him. I sent an entry indicating that the word c**t should be tattoo'd on him, and that the location should be his forehead. I'm still laughing away at it now. In reality I don't have much of an opinion on him. He's just there in the background. It's just that somebody had to make those suggestions, and I thought I'll do it just in case nobody else would.

This moment in time is making me happy.

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick
  • Upvote 3

That's it, I'm a little hooked on this little side line - I have now posted this;

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/111738601/help-me-help-me.html

It was a force greater than me made me do it - see below.

Basically, I was the subject of alien abduction tonight. After they'd had their wicked way with me, and kicked me up the arse off their spaceship I knew that I would never be the same again. I thought to myself that what this needs is for the bullshitometer to be set to overload - results of this approach have yet to be ascertained. Will someone laugh when reading it, will another be shocked etc? However, the biggy is - will the police be informed, and if so, will they take it seriously?

This one's kind of intricated a little. I have known one friend who went to the same secondary school as me since I was 11 years old. I say known, because, if truth be known, he didn't actually become anywhere near a close friend until after we left school. It was during this time that I met his sister a few times. I was attracted to her but we never saw each other again for many many years after those initial meetings. In the mean time my friend married for the second time and his wife and his sister became very close. Too cut a long story short, I then re-met his sister, fell in love straight away, and married her last May.

However, while this went on my friends wife and my then girlfriend (his sister) had a gradual fall out which became quite extreme. Anyway, they visited us during the week on Thursday evening in an unannounced attempt at getting things back to the way they were. After they left my wife decided to write an email to her sister in law stating her position in full, and that she wanted her sister in law back as a friend like the way it was before. Now she has just received an email back from her sister in law stating that she too wants that friendship back.

The words used and content in both emails are strong and powerful to say the least. I'm glad they were, as it's best to be honest and open in these situations.

It's early days but I have positive feelings that they will be able to heal the wounds together, and get back a fine friendship. This is what is making me happy right now.

• Upvote 1