Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

The builders have finished plugging the many leaks in the roof and parapet wall, and done what looks to be a great job. :)

(when the scaffolding comes down next week I'll put up before and after pics, which should highlight how much better it looks)

And just to add to my pleasure, the insane freaks who lived next door seem to have now moved out (the builder said they're the worst neighbours he's encountered in 30 years of running his own firm :O). As long as the people who move in are more-sane, it's all good.

The downside is: now I'm completely skint. :(

Edited by eFestivals

I'm posting to get to the most recent page in this thread cause I'm on my cellphone and can't be assed clicking through 184 pages - there doesn't seem to be a jump to page option.

Happy that I'm content enough to be filling my days with such trivial things.

Edit: Also cool post about friends Yoghurt, friends are great.

Also also, I had an operation to fix a hernia 2 weeks ago. It seemed to go well with only a few complications so I'm happy about that.

Happy I have a Glastonbury ticket and am making plans for next year.

Am listening to Fleetwood Mac - Tusk on my mp3 player. Happy it's such a good album.

Edited by HGavin
  • Upvote 1

I'm posting to get to the most recent page in this thread cause I'm on my cellphone and can't be assed clicking through 184 pages - there doesn't seem to be a jump to page option.

Happy that I'm content enough to be filling my days with such trivial things.

Edit: Also cool post about friends Yoghurt, friends are great.

Also also, I had an operation to fix a hernia 2 weeks ago. It seemed to go well with only a few complications so I'm happy about that.

Happy I have a Glastonbury ticket and am making plans for next year.

Am listening to Fleetwood Mac - Tusk on my mp3 player. Happy it's such a good album.

Wow, you are happier than a happy thing. Long may it last. The more happiness we've got in the world the better.

Wow! Thats some improvement!

yep, I'm very pleased with it - as long as it has actually stopped the leaks.

I've just (personally, no builders involved this time) started work on doing the ground floor stuff, and right now I'm sweating like it's the middle of summer. :lol:

I've already hacked off the blown stone around the front door, so next job is to PVA it and then fill all of the holes. With a bit of luck I'll be able to get all of that done before it gets dark later, painted (maybe) tomorrow, and then onto the windows.

Some lovely restored Bath stone there Neil, beauty, though maybe you need to trim your bush?! :)

One day I might have the bath stone properly renovated, by having the paint stripped off. Mostly round here on other houses it's painted, but the ones which aren't painted look fab. Where the stone has blown it can be rebuilt with a bath stone 'mortar', so it can look as sharp as the day it was built. (I was using that mortar yesterday, rebuilding around the front door, with more to do today).

That bush is on its last legs, and I'm waiting for my bruv to drop by with his chainsaw. It grows out over the path, and every now and then (mostly at around 6am when the clubs have kicked out) we hear some (tall) poor sod shouting "fuck, my head". :lol:

(I've cut it back a few times for the same reason, but now the low-hanging bit is the main part of the tree so it can't be cut back any more... kids like to swing on it, which keeps pulling it lower).

I'll be sad to see it go tho. I forget what it's called, but when in flower it's the most fantastic blue - so fantastic that every year we've had at least one person knock on our door to say how much they like it and to ask what it is.

Had a magic afternoon on the beach at Burgh Island, just me, Mrs oneeye and the dog (Bruce).

All set for a cracking weekend before starting my new job on Monday; half the commute and back to hands-on engineering, can't wait :)

Enjoy your weekend pop pickers whatever you're doing :)

I'm scrubbing a grimy tower block flat out with bleach. Why does this make me happy? It's my grimy tower block flat! Well, not owned, but secure cheap-as-chips tenancy.

It's also located in one of the poshes districts in the city. Heh, the rich owners must have LOVED it in the 60s when they started building the towers next to them. ;-)

• Upvote 1

I'm leaving a flat/partner, still great mates, but when we moved into the place she's staying it was horrifically dirty too. Bleached it out, painted it out, and I sanded and varnished the floors. Now it's clean and plush as fuck.

Can't face sanding my flat though, so I'm getting wood flooring with good underlay in the main rooms, and cork in the bathroom and kitchen.

From what I can tell I will have, by a wide margin, the nicest place in the tower.

• Upvote 1

yep, I'm very pleased with it - as long as it has actually stopped the leaks.

Booo .... it hasn't stopped all the leaks. :(

Have just spoken to the builder - he's not to blame for that continuing leak - and he'll be dropping round at the weekend to have a go at patching the problem.

In better news, I've now met the new neighbours, and they appear to be sane (unlike the last lot). Hurray!

Another trouser misfortune on top of last weeks split......Zipper broke this time, however it goes in the happy thread as I've managed to put it back together and don't have to walk home with my boxers on show/looking like some sort of pervert!

:yahoo: :yahoo:

Edited by LondonTom

Another trouser misfortune on top of last weeks split......Zipper broke this time, however it goes in the happy thread as I've managed to put it back together and don't have to walk home with my boxers on show/looking like some sort of pervert!

:yahoo: :yahoo:

mmm...could that be used as a legal defence...'I thought I'd fixed my zipper, honest Guv'