Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

Had a Glasto Gang, plus partners, birthday party tonight for one of our gang. Mrs GH was too busy doing all the real food so it fell to me to make the cake. First time I've ever made and decorated one but I did a credible job of his VW T25 camper. Also had the Glasto flagpole and lights up in the garden. A lovely night of happy memories with a great gang.

A lovely night of happy memories with a great gang.

Sounds good grumpy. I've had somewhat of a debauched evening with my friends. It's finally just gone quiet in the house now though. Most people have now gone home, fallen asleep in the lounge, or are out in the rear garden talking around a fire. It's a privilege to have fine friends to share the good times with.

Had a Glasto Gang, plus partners, birthday party tonight for one of our gang. Mrs GH was too busy doing all the real food so it fell to me to make the cake. First time I've ever made and decorated one but I did a credible job of his VW T25 camper. Also had the Glasto flagpole and lights up in the garden. A lovely night of happy memories with a great gang.

Sounds good grumpy. I've had somewhat of a debauched evening with my friends. It's finally just gone quiet in the house now though. Most people have now gone home, fallen asleep in the lounge, or are out in the rear garden talking around a fire. It's a privilege to have fine friends to share the good times with.

I'm glad you've both had a good weekend :)

oh wow, that appeals to my younger self.

The younger self that used to get my bottom smacked for wearing away my knickers sliding down grassy hills, or for embarrassing my folks by peering out SAS style from the bushes, completely covered in mud and frightening the people playing bowls on the local bowling green, or for carrying out daredevil stunts on the equipment in the playground (now long banned as unsafe), or for swinging out over the local tip on a rope from an overlooking branch (later sawn off by spoilsports. concerned parents).

Nowadays though, I doubt I could hold up my own weight.

What do kids do nowadays to scare their parents, is it all drugs and alcohol or internet stalkers?

Edited by feral chile

Clear skies and finally getting to have a proper play with my telescope I got in June. So enthused about stargazing right now. Had a huge grin on my face all day because I'd seen some cool things the night before!

Also going to open day at local FE college to see if I can do an engineering qualification part time and get outta working in education! :)

Clear skies and finally getting to have a proper play with my telescope I got in June. So enthused about stargazing right now. Had a huge grin on my face all day because I'd seen some cool things the night before!

Also going to open day at local FE college to see if I can do an engineering qualification part time and get outta working in education! :)

I have only looked through a telescope once, and that was when I was about 15. I was looking intently at a bottle at the end of the garden that others were firing pellets at from next to me. None of them could break the bottle. I then went off to get my own air rifle which had it's own telescopic sights. It also had,as a result of my own recent meddling, two springs in it and not just the one. Anyway, I fired a pellet at the bottle and it exploded rather majestically, on true reflection.

By the way, the air rifle period was short lived - thank the Lord.

I have only looked through a telescope once, and that was when I was about 15. I was looking intently at a bottle at the end of the garden that others were firing pellets at from next to me. None of them could break the bottle. I then went off to get my own air rifle which had it's own telescopic sights. It also had,as a result of my own recent meddling, two springs in it and not just the one. Anyway, I fired a pellet at the bottle and it exploded rather majestically, on true reflection.

By the way, the air rifle period was short lived - thank the Lord.

Seriously, it's awesome. Just wish there was some really dark sites near me (Leicestershire) so I can try and see even more cool stuff (and clearer/brighter) views of things I've seen already.

For instance, I saw The Great Globular Cluster (M13) the other day which is a collection of about 1 million stars grouped together and is about 25,000 light years away. It does bring into perspective ones place in the universe!

One of the great memories of my life was lying on my back one night in a game reserve in South Africa watching shooting star after shooting star whizz over. We were at relatively high altitude in an area where there was no light pollution and little air pollution. Plus more stars are visible in the sky in the southern hemisphere. They all seemed so close you felt you could almost reach up and touch them.

One of the great memories of my life was lying on my back one night in a game reserve in South Africa watching shooting star after shooting star whizz over. We were at relatively high altitude in an area where there was no light pollution and little air pollution. Plus more stars are visible in the sky in the southern hemisphere. They all seemed so close you felt you could almost reach up and touch them.

Awesome stuff there GH. Sounds amazing. :)

All this talk of stargazing reminded me we'd planned to attend one of the astronomy events at Brecon Beacons, So I checked out their website.

http://www.breconbeacons.org/stargazing

But then I got distracted by this:

http://www.breconbeacons.org/events/5220

About Sheep Trekking in the Brecon Beacons

A unique chance to go sheep trekking in the Brecon Beacons National Park! Good Day Out has teamed up with Aberhyddnant Farm to create a completely new concept, which is more native than Llama Trekking and more fun than your average walk in the hills. Each sheep is fitted with a specially designed harness to carry your snack, and a soft rope halter, and you will choose your own sheep from a small flock of especially trained Jacobs. He will then lead you along a scenic trek on that takes you towards the Black Mountain with scenic views towards Pen y Fan.

The circular route will take you up the hill through farmland, with a half-way rest to eat your snack and take in the scenery and natural beauty of the area.

A donation from this Good Day Out will be made to the Royal Agricultural Benevolent Society that supports farmers and their families in times of need.

Pre-booking needed. Cost Adults £35 Children £25 Snack included. Duration 2 1/2 hours

Group bookings can be made for other days by special arrangement.

All this talk of stargazing reminded me we'd planned to attend one of the astronomy events at Brecon Beacons, So I checked out their website.

http://www.breconbeacons.org/stargazing

Jealous of the dark skies there Feral. My nearest really dark area is probably the Peak District, specifically the northern end. About an hour and a half away. :(

Hopefully going to be clear at the weekend so can go and have a ride out to somewhere a bit darker than my back garden. :)

Jealous of the dark skies there Feral. My nearest really dark area is probably the Peak District, specifically the northern end. About an hour and a half away. :(

Hopefully going to be clear at the weekend so can go and have a ride out to somewhere a bit darker than my back garden. :)

Yes, I think it'd be amazing.