Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

Same. Woken by a fantastic electrical storm, I'd left the skylight open and while I went up to close it a massive crash of thunder and lightning above was magnificent. Came downstairs to find one cat shaking and trying to hide behind the freezer and the other wandering casually through the catflap looking completely unfazed :)

Sunshine \o/

Been off work since Fri, back tonight, but enjoyed tunes, drinky and a smoke or 6 in the garden this afternoon, should sleep like a baby. Had a cracking weekend, got loads done, finally had the cash to finish the living room floor off and life feels pretty fucking great this afternoon.

• Upvote 1

Sunshine \o/

Been off work since Fri, back tonight, but enjoyed tunes, drinky and a smoke or 6 in the garden this afternoon, should sleep like a baby. Had a cracking weekend, got loads done, finally had the cash to finish the living room floor off and life feels pretty fucking great this afternoon.

Very happy to hear that you are on a roll Spindles. :)

I'm happy now in the wee hours of this morning. I've helped the wife transform our living room. By taking out one bit of furniture and adding another bit, we now have space - and currently it does feel like the Final Frontier. Sorry about that, but the fact is the room feels massive now.

Anyway, I now have to get off here for a while because a fire in the garden must be made and lit.

I'm happy now in the wee hours of this morning. I've helped the wife transform our living room. By taking out one bit of furniture and adding another bit, we now have space - and currently it does feel like the Final Frontier. Sorry about that, but the fact is the room feels massive now.

Anyway, I now have to get off here for a while because a fire in the garden must be made and lit.

I've got huge Ikea cupboards to contain all my clutter, and I've come to the conclusion that I'd have a lot more space if I just rid myself of the clutter, it makes our house seem even more overcrowded than it is.

Do it. It's cathartic and you'll not believe the crap you hold onto for no good reason. My ex-wife was the worst kind of hoarder and it took several trips to the tip to get to the point I'm at now. People say things like "I never realised your kitchen was this big" :)

I'll warn you though, you might have to do it multiple times. I've had about half a dozen clearouts in 10 years and am still finding stuff in boxes that has no plausible reason to be kept. I don't drive and my mate who gives me a lift to the tip reckons my cupboards and loft are based on TARDIS technology.

I'll warn you though, you might have to do it multiple times. I've had about half a dozen clearouts in 10 years and am still finding stuff in boxes that has no plausible reason to be kept. I don't drive and my mate who gives me a lift to the tip reckons my cupboards and loft are based on TARDIS technology.

It's a hard habit to break - I blame it on being poor and scared to throw anything in case I can't afford it if I ever need it again.

That's my excuse anyway. Or I could just be OCD.

It's a hard habit to break - I blame it on being poor and scared to throw anything in case I can't afford it if I ever need it again.

I was brought up with that kind of ethos. It's meant that I have loads of things I'll never use in the house and the garage. I have just put up an 8 foot by 6 foot shed in the garden to cater for the overspill from the house and garage. The new shed is currently housing a church pulpit I acquired cheaply somewhere. I'm just waiting to get some slabs free from Gumtree and set it up in my back garden. The idea is to allow people to talk bollocks from it at any parties we may throw. This will then create more space so that the shed can house other things like old doors, bits of timber, partially filled paint tins etc etc.

I was brought up with that kind of ethos. It's meant that I have loads of things I'll never use in the house and the garage. I have just put up an 8 foot by 6 foot shed in the garden to cater for the overspill from the house and garage. The new shed is currently housing a church pulpit I acquired cheaply somewhere. I'm just waiting to get some slabs free from Gumtree and set it up in my back garden. The idea is to allow people to talk bollocks from it at any parties we may throw. This will then create more space so that the shed can house other things like old doors, bits of timber, partially filled paint tins etc etc.

I like the idea of people being able to speak bollocks from a pulpit. I think it might have been done already though :)

• Upvote 1

That's a positive result.

There are loads of books and old vinyl (not expensive collectables) that I want to get rid of, and loads of gothy type clothes that I'm now too old for, and I can't bring myself to dump them because I want someone to have them who would appreciate them.

I might see if I can persuade my daughter to offer them on ebay, it would sit better than dumping them in a charity shop.

That's a positive result.

There are loads of books and old vinyl (not expensive collectables) that I want to get rid of, and loads of gothy type clothes that I'm now too old for, and I can't bring myself to dump them because I want someone to have them who would appreciate them.

I might see if I can persuade my daughter to offer them on ebay, it would sit better than dumping them in a charity shop.

I'd definitely try ebay first as you could get a few quid for them. If you still have stuff left over after that you could try selling them / giving them away on Gumtree.