Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

I have slept well and at sensible times all week. A small thing but it makes a huge difference.

Good to hear, just had a ropey patch with sleep again, but all seems back on track now (although I slept a straight 8 hours today, which I'd not been planning as it's my weekend off and I normally get a few hours in the morning, then sleep properly for a couple of nights, so now it'll be a late one for me).

It's a beautiful sunshine filled morning and I feel as happy as could be. I'm currently printing off large volumes of stuff that I need hard copies of, before the company I work for takes their nice colour printer, scanner, fax thingy back off me as I end work on 31/3/14. I'm using up far more of their A4 paper than I thought I would. It looks like the day has come when I'll have to buy my own stationary rather than nick it. Oh well, I'll not let that dent my enthusiasm for the day.

I'm off in a little while to see the jeweller to see how my fiancee's wedding ring is getting on. While I still have the very last remnants of some money left I decided that she must have a hand made ring, made in Birmingham. It's one that needs to be hand made in order to fit with the unusual design of her engagement ring (which was hand made on a Scottish Island). The beauty of all this hand made stuff is that it is far cheaper than any of the flashy rings I've seen in jewellers windows. I'm lucky in that her indoors doesn't like bling and diamonds (thank you Lord).

The downside today is going to be visiting her mother. I quite consciously don't like being in her presence. It genuinely pains me to be so. I feel my brain shutting down when she speaks, but not in a nice calm way. It's much more sinister than that. It creeps slowly like ivy strangling a tree.

Anyway, once that's over and done with it's diy/art time. Got to pull my finger out.

I don't know why I'm teling you all this. as if you want to know! Really, I'm killing time waiting for the printer to finally print off the last sheet of plagiarised design.

Well fuck me stupid - to say the day has changed would be somewhat of an understatement. I knew earlier that I shouldn't have written down that I was happy. The Gods have decided that this was very conceited of me and have chosen to punish me. Because that's what Gods do - they punish you if they think you've gone too far up your own arse. Quite handy I suppose really as one could get into the position whereby you travel so far up your own arse that you render yourself irrecoverable. Well, they've chosen to recover me and also to give me a good kicking. It's a long story but there I was in the jewellers one minute buying a wedding ring, and within the next minute I no longer know if I'm getting married. It'll probably blow over. Anyway just thought I'd mention it, as I'm sure that even to an outsider it has a little bit of interest.

Jesus that sounds grim fella. Do go on if you feel compelled to do so?

Cold feet?

No, not cold feet. I don't think the ring that had been made up met up with the criteria she had in her mind. On top of that she's had a drink. The net result was that she started swearing at the staff. I began apologising to them. In the meantime, she can't get out because it's a jewellers where you have to be buzzed in and out. When she finally got out I apologised profusely to the jeweller. He then told me that he'd seen nothing like it in his 13 years of trading. I tentatively asked about getting my £50 deposit back. He told me that the work and materials that had just gone into the ring had cost him £300 already. He said he didn't want my trade and walked off. I then acted super thick (not especially difficult) and asked the girl behind the counter ' was that a yes or a no to getting my £50 deposit back'? She said she'd go off and find out. She came back with 5 £10 notes which she handed to me. I then left the shop to see my girlfriend about 100 feet up the road. I walked up to her, gave her £30 and said get a taxi home as I don't even want to be in the same vehicle as you right now.' I have just taken a call from a gay friend. Apparently she's over at his house, so that's OK. They'll probably go out tonight and she'll return tomorrow sometime. We can talk about things then. In the meantime I'm going to surf the net, get pissed and do some more work on an art piece I started earlier today. Oh, and I may have a smoke too. In fact, that's a definite.

Since my last post I have finally come to my senses and realised where the day went wrong. It was a lengthy and tearful process getting there, but I got there in the end. I realised that I am truly in love with my girlfriend. A seismic shift has occurred.

We finally got back in touch with each other and then I drove over to collect her. It wasn't a good we're together again type of moment when we met. Fortunately it did manage to get resolved in the end. I know I'm banging on but that was a real education to me. It might sound like a little tiff load of bollocks to some but that had me in tears shaking like a leaf. I was then told by my girlfriend that she was in tears in the pub she went to after I drove off. It's quite funny what she said happened next. She walked into the bar and up to the bloke serving. He says 'I'm looking for tips today because it's my birthday.' She said you'll be getting no fucking tip off me. One moment I'm in the jewelers looking at my wedding ring, the next moment the twat of an owner of the shop made his mark and was not providing the service I expected. Then my boyfriend fucks off in the car, and my engagement ring which I own is in that shop where I've virtually told the owner to go fuck himself - so you'll be getting no tip from me today.' To which the barman agreed that it was a bit more immediate to his own situation.

I'm glad you're back on the right path Yoghurt and congrats on getting married soon.

I had a good thing happen to me on Friday,I went to pick up a curry from a local restaurant but when I got back home and opened it they had given me someone else's so I phoned them up and they said they would deliver mine and when the man came he told me to keep the other one,so we have been eating curry all weekend,I had curry for brunch today and finished the last of it off tonight.

Winning!

Since my last post I have finally come to my senses and realised where the day went wrong. It was a lengthy and tearful process getting there, but I got there in the end. I realised that I am truly in love with my girlfriend. A seismic shift has occurred.

We finally got back in touch with each other and then I drove over to collect her. It wasn't a good we're together again type of moment when we met. Fortunately it did manage to get resolved in the end. I know I'm banging on but that was a real education to me. It might sound like a little tiff load of bollocks to some but that had me in tears shaking like a leaf. I was then told by my girlfriend that she was in tears in the pub she went to after I drove off. It's quite funny what she said happened next. She walked into the bar and up to the bloke serving. He says 'I'm looking for tips today because it's my birthday.' She said you'll be getting no fucking tip off me. One moment I'm in the jewelers looking at my wedding ring, the next moment the twat of an owner of the shop made his mark and was not providing the service I expected. Then my boyfriend fucks off in the car, and my engagement ring which I own is in that shop where I've virtually told the owner to go fuck himself - so you'll be getting no tip from me today.' To which the barman agreed that it was a bit more immediate to his own situation.

Glad things seem to be working themselves out. Drink can be a terrible thing in some relationships, especially if you are of a passionate/fiery disposition.

Just watched the film Frozen whilst planning my trip to Vietnam & Malaysia. I was a tad dubious of this selection. Twenty minutes into the film my pen & paper was on the floor & the missus & I were cuddled up! Good film.

Frozen is an incredibly good movie. My kids and missus love it, my daughter knows the script by heart (she's nearly 18!). I've seen it once all the way through, and probably 100 times in bits.

I'm glad you're back on the right path Yoghurt and congrats on getting married soon.

I had a good thing happen to me on Friday,I went to pick up a curry from a local restaurant but when I got back home and opened it they had given me someone else's so I phoned them up and they said they would deliver mine and when the man came he told me to keep the other one,so we have been eating curry all weekend,I had curry for brunch today and finished the last of it off tonight.

Winning!

Thanks Thearg.

What a win you had. I love eating curry for breakfast. Sounds like you got a couple of breakfasts out of it.

Glad things seem to be working themselves out. Drink can be a terrible thing in some relationships, especially if you are of a passionate/fiery disposition.

Thanks t8yman. appreciated. We do drink a lot but have never had rows before or are of that disposition to argumentative. In the end it was all down to differering interpretations of the events leading up to and concluding at the jewellers. I see her side of things now and she can see mine. We now know how they caused ununity. The misinterpretation by both of us turned out to be a million in one type of chance thing and not likely ever to happen again. That said, we'll nip it in the bud now if things look like they're going wrong. Anyway, that was one hell of a shit weekend and I'm glad it's over.

Thanks t8yman. appreciated. We do drink a lot but have never had rows before or are of that disposition to argumentative. In the end it was all down to differering interpretations of the events leading up to and concluding at the jewellers. I see her side of things now and she can see mine. We now know how they caused ununity. The misinterpretation by both of us turned out to be a million in one type of chance thing and not likely ever to happen again. That said, we'll nip it in the bud now if things look like they're going wrong. Anyway, that was one hell of a shit weekend and I'm glad it's over.

Glad things are better now. Choosing a ring/planning a/wedding is a big meaningful event - it reminds me of all the pressure around Christmas, when everything's supposed to be perfect. Stress, conflict and disappointment becomes inevitable.

Life/satisfaction is all about managing expectations - one positive lesson I've learnt from working in a Contact Centre :)

Glad things are better now. Choosing a ring/planning a/wedding is a big meaningful event - it reminds me of all the pressure around Christmas, when everything's supposed to be perfect. Stress, conflict and disappointment becomes inevitable.

Life/satisfaction is all about managing expectations - one positive lesson I've learnt from working in a Contact Centre :)

Thanks feral. All back to normal now. It was a wobble but one we'll not forget in a hurry.

On another note, I've just realised, Sunday was my 10 year anniversary on here!!!

I dont want a badge or anything, just thought it was kinda cool. ;)

you must have joined here at about the same time as my missus, cos she said similar to me recently.

You're lucky, you're not having to shag me. :P:lol:

Edited by eFestivals

I didnt realise they were back?

I loved that studio album (WIITB)

On another note, I've just realised, Sunday was my 10 year anniversary on here!!!

I dont want a badge or anything, just thought it was kinda cool. ;)

you must have joined here at about the same time as my missus, cos she said similar to me recently.

You're lucky, you're not having to shag me. :P:lol:

Mine was last friday! Might not post so much, but on here lurking an awful lot. :)

Mine was last month too :)