Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

I'm not sure the motivation has anything to do with it. People kill for many different reasons but killing is still killing.

True.

So both of those motivations could be covered by the word, but they're still distinctly different motivations.

I would have thought that it would be better to distinguish between the two, if not in how they're treated by the law at least in how society might try and address each* problem to stop them happening in the first place.

(* each, if you accept them as different things).

To me, it seems to be the case that all the while they are regarded as being the same thing it ensures that a big part of the problem will always fail to be addressed, because the problem (on one of those different sides) is not being correctly identified in the first place.

I think in the eyes of the law they are slightly different in that there are specific incest laws, but laws regarding sexual activity with a minor are not limited to situations where the abuser and victim are unrelated.

I'm happy about putting £50 on Kasabian to headline the Sunday night at Glastonbury at odds of 6/1. :D

I'll be even more happy if my certain belief of that being a sure bet is actually proven to be true. :unsure:

Heard on the radio that the bookies have stopped taking bets on this now. Looks like you got your bet on just in time.

Only got one days work to go before going away for the weekend. It'll be an indulgent weekend which will end with me going to see a Cat 5 bore on the River Severn. I've always wanted to see it in real life. I know that in reality it will probably be a disappointment but I happen to be there anyway, so may as well go and have a look. The thought of this is making me happy right now.

I had a meeting at work today and it's 99.9% certain that I am to be made redundant. This is something I have desired for some time and also, in no small part, orchestrated. There's a very, very slight chance that I would be offered by the HR department another role in the company, but I think this is a non runner in reality. This means that after 25 years of working for the same employer I will finish on 31/3/14. The redundancy package will allow me time away from formal work and give me the opportunity to try to bring in money via other channels - ones which will be personally more rewarding to me than my current position. If they fail then I'll still be happy that I decided to quit the rat race to give it a go. I didn't want to spend the rest of my life wondering and then finally regreting. If the worst comes to the worst I'm pretty sure that I could get agency work doing what I do now. Anyway, I feel free and happy this evening.

I've got no likes to give, but I'm made up for you. Clearly it has been what you've wanted for a while and the chance to spend some time living for yourself is something to be cherished to be sure.

As for agency work. Exactly, even if it is only to top up your income while you pursue your own avenues, I currently get paid a decent hourly rate to sit reading novels 7 nights out of 14 and occasionally answer the phone.

I've always dreamt of someone paying me to stop work. Unfortunately being self-employed it's not going to happen.

There's nothing like some time out and a bit of space to re-assess your direction of travel. I actually had it, but forced upon me by major surgery, which meant I had to give up the job I had been doing but was no longer enjoying.

After five months off I took a completely new direction and it's the best decision I ever made.

Good luck - and see you at Wychwood to celebrate.

I've got no likes to give, but I'm made up for you. Clearly it has been what you've wanted for a while and the chance to spend some time living for yourself is something to be cherished to be sure.

As for agency work. Exactly, even if it is only to top up your income while you pursue your own avenues, I currently get paid a decent hourly rate to sit reading novels 7 nights out of 14 and occasionally answer the phone.

Thanks Spindles. I'm also happy to hear your work life has improved. It wasn't so very long ago that you were having enormous difficulties with an employer. I hope your health's well too.

Nice one. Hope you get what you want out of it.

Thanks feral, that's really appreciated. I guess I'm going to get out what I put in. That's why I've got to be focused and not get side tracked by procrastination. This is something which I have suffered from in the past and has led to a level of creative neglect and associated sorrow.

I've always dreamt of someone paying me to stop work. Unfortunately being self-employed it's not going to happen.

There's nothing like some time out and a bit of space to re-assess your direction of travel. I actually had it, but forced upon me by major surgery, which meant I had to give up the job I had been doing but was no longer enjoying.

After five months off I took a completely new direction and it's the best decision I ever made.

Good luck - and see you at Wychwood to celebrate.

Also happy to hear that your life decision worked out grumpy. I also had a bit of a major operation last year which did make me think about life. Up until I met my fiancee I spent my adult life feeling miserable deep down. That's gone now. I never ever thought the weight of unhappiness was ever going to go away. To have shaken off the shackles of work too - well that's just barmy luck.

See you at Wychwood.

I start my first degree course in 3 weeks all at the age of 40, looks very daunting.

Also starting to my photography again after my eye complaint, also very daunting but have my first portrait client in a few days.

Adding to that I have a 5 week old baby, 4 year old, work and a wonderful wife life is busy.

Also the best news Courtney Love announced a tour this morning...

Great news Mr Stick, glad it looks like it is going the way you want it to!

Nah, just make every other post on here a request for surveys :P

Thanks London Tom. My freedom has been a long time coming. It'll be an odd but delightful experience not having people say do this, do that, to me as they constantly do at work.