Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

Do some goggling and you will find its you and Neil with the clueless opinions :) I already provided two links trying to correct your silly thinking... I guess you guys will always remains idiots :)

I'll say it again: go and get yourself the most basic economics course you can find.

It's beyond doubt you'll learn a lot that's useful.

it's also beyond doubt that you've never had any economics knowledge imparted to you.

Edited by eFestivals

Barry, to extend from your car example.

A company is an asset. A manufacturing plant is an asset. They cost money to run (in terms of wages, maintenance, etc.) but they are worth something. An asset in economic terms is anything that possesses financial value, even if the maintenance costs exceed that. Lots of things lose money for their owner, but are still assets.

In NON-economic terms, an asset is something useful or valuable, which would still include a car because even if the maintenance is more than its value (like mine), it's still useful.

It's the lull before a very messy dinner party takes place at mine this evening. I have some good friends calling around. I anticipate that we'll be talking utter bollocks by about 8pm - the way I like it.

I reckon whether you can chat bollocks with someone is the boundary between someone being a good friend and a great friend. If you chat the same flavour of bollocks with someone, it feels incredibly comfortable. Having only sane conversations with someone requires far more effort than an overlap of insanity.

I have a meeting coming up soon where I will be formally told I'd redundant. They have sent out a formal declaration of the redundancy pay I will get. It's what I thought it would be, but it's still nice to see it written down. I'm now hoping that because a part of my job involves paying out large sums of money to contractors, that they may ask me to leave early and not have to spend time serving my notice. Well, one can hope.

• Upvote 1

Today I took possession of a letter from the Intellectual Property Office which has confirmed that me (and a mate) are now the registered owners of a certain Trade Mark. This could lead nowhere, but it could also lead to serious money being made. At least I have a chance to have a stab at it now. And this before my meeting with my employers tomorrow morning when it's almost certain that they will be making me redundant, and giving me a years salary as recompense. I have other ideas in my mind to make money too so will be trying them all. I don't mind working, but would rather be doing it for myself than a souless entity. This is making me happy today.

• Upvote 1

Impulse purchase of a limited edition wrap sling at lunchtime, just because it had shamrocks on it. I don't even think my 3 year old will allow me to wrap her in it. Madness but still made me happy!

I have a new bathroom and kitchen, and now have most of my clutter sorted. I also have double sided adhesive strips to avoid screwing into the newly decorated walls.

I also have a new cooker, with a gas oven, which is a hundred times quicker than my old electric integrated one.

Life is good :)

I have a new bathroom and kitchen, and now have most of my clutter sorted. I also have double sided adhesive strips to avoid screwing into the newly decorated walls.

I also have a new cooker, with a gas oven, which is a hundred times quicker than my old electric integrated one.

Life is good :)

Happy to hear it all worked out well in the end feral.

Happy to hear it all worked out well in the end feral.

Well it did occur to me afterwards how domesticated and relatively helpless we are, when it comes to surviving in the modern world. What would have been wrong about pretending I was at a festival and managing? I did have to resort to the wet wipes on one of the days though, and learnt quickly to stock up on water early in the day, before they turned off the supply.

it's a bit of a worry that we've evolving our self sufficiency survival instinct away, with all our technology though. 3 weeks without a regular supply of mod-cons and my head imploded.

What will I do during the next Zombie invasion?

What will I do during the next Zombie invasion?

Get in quick and attack first. Tell them that their clothes are SO yesterday, and that their sallowed looks wouldn't even be seen dead on a student catwalk. They really are no good at taking constructive criticism well and will soon scurry off too embarrassed to even try to make you one of the undead.

I work with a company that read / replace / install gas and electric meters... I develop their mobile field and backend systems...

I didn't think that any of the companies doing the readings nowadays actually installed meters...? The meter readers aren't technicians.

(I used to work for a leccy board, so I know what the high standards were and I know much of how they changed).

If there is still a company that does all of read/replace/install then I can only think it must be a remnant of one of the nationalised firms.

People who rig their meter annoy me. It is merely stealing and passing on the cost to the rest of us, if it wasn't bad enough that we were ripped off by the energy companies in the first place. People who blow themselves up might seem like a positive for the species, but they also injure others in the process.

People who rig their meter annoy me. It is merely stealing and passing on the cost to the rest of us, if it wasn't bad enough that we were ripped off by the energy companies in the first place. People who blow themselves up might seem like a positive for the species, but they also injure others in the process.

I'm not so sure about passing the costs on to the rest of us. These power companies have got it sown up that it puts us in the doggie position. Woof. Woof!