Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

I'm happy because I mowed my lawn this morning. The neighbour has been commenting on the state of it so I thought it's about time I sorted it out. I normally hate mowing the lawn but it was a pleasant task in today's sunlight. I'm going to do more jobs out there this afternoon. Feeling happy today generally.

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick

I had a bit of a wobble today about taking the summer off work and eating into my redundancy money. I come from a family where the work ethic is strong so I have all that 'baggage' to cope with. Having worked all my adult life non stop I felt uneasy about not working. I'm over the panicy feeling now, but know it will return. I've just got to keep remembering that the graveyard is full of people who thought they must work up until their last breath's.

Edited - to say that the getting over the panicy feeling is what's made me happy today.

• Upvote 1

Won a new guitar in a competition I entered :D

http://www.chapmanguitars.co.uk/guitars/ml-2/

Its quite sexy looking actually! (The Antique Sunburst I believe I have won!)

Nice one. Maybe see you on the Pyramid stage one year?

I used to do loads of competitions and was fairly addicted to them. The biggest thing I won was a mountain bike from The Sunday Times - a rarely used bike which I have only just given to my son in law for him to travel to and from his first 'proper' job.

Nice one. Maybe see you on the Pyramid stage one year?

I used to do loads of competitions and was fairly addicted to them. The biggest thing I won was a mountain bike from The Sunday Times - a rarely used bike which I have only just given to my son in law for him to travel to and from his first 'proper' job.

Doubtful as much I want to learn an intrusment...I tend to get really into it for a couple of weeks...annoying everyone trying to learn a song and then get lazy/give up :P

Still will look nice in the bedroom/on the wall :P

Ha yes I do them when I see them on facebook/mailing lists, I always feel a bit wierd about handing over the data on me they want but hey ho. Its come up trumps for once :P

Edited by LondonTom

Doubtful as much I want to learn an intrusment...I tend to get really into it for a couple of weeks...annoying everyone trying to learn a song and then get lazy/give up :P

Still will look nice in the bedroom/on the wall :P

Ha yes I do them when I see them on facebook/mailing lists, I always feel a bit wierd about handing over the data on me they want but hey ho. Its come up trumps for once :P

Well, if your ever bored and want to enter a few more competitions, then check out loquax.co.uk

It's a bit out of order, but a mate is getting on to the Glastonbury site before it's open to the public on Wednesday. He is downstairs now to collect the two tents he is going to put up for us on Wednesday morning just before the gates open. It's possibly considered out of order to do this but I feel I may not get to the efests meet on time otherwise. Owing to being so desperately unfit it's going to take me a long time to get from the car park to the campsite having to bring all the rest of the gear. This will now enable me to take it that bit easier, rather than force marching myself to get a pitch and running out of breath constantly along with getting agonising back pain. The thought of this makes me happy. I still feel guilty about it to mind.

• Upvote 1

I received a surprise email from a national dive magazine earlier today which I have just opened. It states that my written entry to a competition ( an account of a dive experience) has been shortlisted and will appear in their August edition. The fact that they deem it reasonable enough to publish is making me happy right now. I'm not sure what would happen if I won though as I think it's only a trip for one person. This would mean being away from my wife. As we are completely inseparable I'd probably have to turn it down. I'm happy enough though with the being published part of it. Mind you I'm easily pleased - a few buttons and a piece of string can keep me occupied for hours!

Yoghurt's news :)

That plus the knowledge I only have to endure 2 more weeks in work before I finish for the summer. After which I will only return for 2 months maximum before starting my maternity leave. Ahhhhhh.

This also means I can go to Glastonbury for the first time in over 7 years. Yes I will be returning with a ten month baby but oh my gosh it will be worth it.

Times they are a changing. Thank funk.

Congrats on the spog!

I've just bought two boats! Okay, neither very fancy. Both cheap-but-sturdy inflatables for canals, quiet rivers, or lochs on calm days. I have the magnificent, renovated Clyde canal route (one of the best in the world) next do me, and thousands of paddling options within a short drive.

One's a single-man kayak for my "X-Wing focus", and chest muscles; the other's a two-man dinghy for my "lazy boy" drifting, drinking, reading and - when bothering to move - back muscles, plus I like the option of having a passenger and/or bit of luggage.

- - -

Amazon's prices are mentalist, the dinghy is currently £15 more than I paid. Well, I'm glad the price went up not down after my purchase. :)

Edited by viberunner

I had yet another tooth extracted earlier today. I had thought the pain before the extraction was a bit too much to deal with, but it was nothing compared to the pain I have felt all day today following the extraction. The pain has now just significantly subsided after me taking a shed load of heavy duty pain killers. This is making me happy right now.