Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

I have a 'posh shed' - aka home office where I have my computer and Internet. But last week the strip lights packed up in the shed so at night I was working in the dark or with the aid of a desk lamp.

Today two wonderful electricians, both called Helen, replaced the lights so now I can find my way around the shed.

They'd actually come to do the last bit of our solar panel installation so double bonus - except that since they finished it's been hissing with rain.

Edited by grumpyhack

I have a 'posh shed' - aka home office where I have my computer and Internet. But last week the strip lights packed up in the shed so at night I was working in the dark or with the aid of a desk lamp.

Today two wonderful electricians, both called Helen, replaced the lights so now I can find my way around the shed.

They'd actually come to do the last bit of our solar panel installation so double bonus - except that since they finished it's been hissing with rain.

How do you keep the spiders out of your shed?

I can't imagine having something in the garden that's meant for people to actually be comfy in, rather than nervously peer round the door then run away screaming traumatised for life when the 8 legged dinner plates launch an attack right at you.

I got relegated to the tea making last time a friend was foolhardy enough to ask me to help her clear out her shed. I didn't think she meant clear it of monsters.

Today next week I shall be kitesurfing in Sardinia. It's only just hit me that it's SOON, having been in the state of mind of "oh, I'm not going until April", and also slightly worrying whether I can go between my health issues and monies.

I can't really afford it, but fuck it, I had the money when my mates were collecting deposits, and by the time I realised I couldn't I'd already committed £300 to it, so I've just decided to go anyway and I'll try and be vaguely cheap while out there. I've been keeping costs low for the last months in a hope to save and I *think* I can just about manage it.

After a miserable 3 months to start the year, my health has finally improved somewhat (I'm allowed to drive and swim again, I'm no longer spending 5 hours a day managing treatment, and am down to 3 ongoing prescriptions from 7), I'm 90% done through all the crappy forms and admin I've had to do, and can sack the rest off while I prep for my holiday.

So I've got a wonderful 10 days coming up, and hopefully when I get back to the UK I'll be nicely cheered up, tanned and boozed up to finalise getting my life back on track. Existence no longer seems completely bleak, pointless and empty, as I've got a fantastic trip to look forward to and when I get back, the things that have been plaguing me in recent months will be far less of an issue/gone, as well as having festival season to look forward to :)

It's an absolutely fantastic feeling to be able to sit back and think "yep, life is worth living".

Today next week I shall be kitesurfing in Sardinia. It's only just hit me that it's SOON, having been in the state of mind of "oh, I'm not going until April", and also slightly worrying whether I can go between my health issues and monies.

I can't really afford it, but fuck it, I had the money when my mates were collecting deposits, and by the time I realised I couldn't I'd already committed £300 to it, so I've just decided to go anyway and I'll try and be vaguely cheap while out there. I've been keeping costs low for the last months in a hope to save and I *think* I can just about manage it.

After a miserable 3 months to start the year, my health has finally improved somewhat (I'm allowed to drive and swim again, I'm no longer spending 5 hours a day managing treatment, and am down to 3 ongoing prescriptions from 7), I'm 90% done through all the crappy forms and admin I've had to do, and can sack the rest off while I prep for my holiday.

So I've got a wonderful 10 days coming up, and hopefully when I get back to the UK I'll be nicely cheered up, tanned and boozed up to finalise getting my life back on track. Existence no longer seems completely bleak, pointless and empty, as I've got a fantastic trip to look forward to and when I get back, the things that have been plaguing me in recent months will be far less of an issue/gone, as well as having festival season to look forward to :)

It's an absolutely fantastic feeling to be able to sit back and think "yep, life is worth living".

Nice one, hope you have a good time :)

How do you keep the spiders out of your shed?

I can't imagine having something in the garden that's meant for people to actually be comfy in, rather than nervously peer round the door then run away screaming traumatised for life when the 8 legged dinner plates launch an attack right at you.

I got relegated to the tea making last time a friend was foolhardy enough to ask me to help her clear out her shed. I didn't think she meant clear it of monsters.

It's a building of three rooms (very small hallway, small storage room for old files and a main office 6m x 5m). But it's constructed of wood and was originally bought from a firm that makes garden sheds - hence my name 'Posh Shed.'

But once it was erected I went to work on it so it has double glazed windows, 3" of high density foam insulation and fully plasterboarded and carpeted. 24 power points, phone and internet access.

The one downside for visitors is that it's the one place I can smoke. (Mrs GH doesn't smoke and I'm happy not to smoke in the house). So when I need a fag I 'go to check my e-mails.' It therefore stinks of fags but as I'm the only one who uses it, I can live with that.

There must be some spiders, as I can see some spider webs that need sweeping away, but I've never spotted an actual spider or any other creepy crawly in here.

My next door neighbour's sister is terrified of spiders so she puts conkers in every room which she swears keeps them away.

Just had a quality night at work, laughed my ass off for most of the night and now my cheeks hurt from the grinning. I'd been a bit bummed out the last few days as a lady I am rather fond of is leaving and I haven't the balls to let her know I'm rather fond of her, so it was good to just laugh our way through the night.

Just had a quality night at work, laughed my ass off for most of the night and now my cheeks hurt from the grinning. I'd been a bit bummed out the last few days as a lady I am rather fond of is leaving and I haven't the balls to let her know I'm rather fond of her, so it was good to just laugh our way through the night.

Happy to hear you had a good night at work Spindles.

With regard to the other matter - we've all been there. It's a real tough one. Couldn't you get a friend to tell her on the quiet that he/she knows someone who is interested in taking her on a date? She'll want to know who that person is. When they tell her your name you'll get your answer, so it needn't be the nerve wracking face to face experience you otherwise might go through.

I know it's easier said than done, but if you do nothing then nothing will happen, and you'll regret not having tried. If I could send you the courage I would. Maybe these words will help;

Courage-NelsonMandela1.jpg

Just run a replacement cable from the house to my "posh shed" (home office in the garden) and the telephone is working again. I can now chat on the phone and access Efests at the same time.

It's been a lifelong ambition for me to play a festival and today I called up somebody and it is almost confirmed that I'll be playing a certain festival in July.

I am sitting here with a few pints and a massive grin on my face knowing that one of my life long ambitions has already been fulfilled :D

It's been a lifelong ambition for me to play a festival and today I called up somebody and it is almost confirmed that I'll be playing a certain festival in July.

I am sitting here with a few pints and a massive grin on my face knowing that one of my life long ambitions has already been fulfilled :D

Nice one. Hope it gets confirmed fullly for you, and that you get to experience the buzz of playing a festival.

Nice one, that'll be amazing.