Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

a rather daft utility company, that I stopped using over 18 months ago, refunding me £400 that they don't owe me. :lol:

The worrying thing is, these geezers who can't manage a simple energy bill, are running nuclear power stations. ;)

Maybe there eFestivals users and want to support the site ;):P

Edited by LondonTom

• 2 weeks later...

I'm happy that after an annoying week without full use of my phone, my number has now transferred over successfully.

On Sunday, I put in my new Sim as my service provider had switched networks. wanted to top up my phone as although I had free texts, I wanted to text my son in Australia. Of course, the new sim didn't transfer my credit over, or my card details, so I needed to phone them. And it would cost 25p. You see where this is going? I spent an hour on the landline phone, waiting in a queue, till I finally gave up.

Today, I found a different number, got through straight away, remembered that the guy the other end just worked there, so was very pleasant, and was rather pleased to find that my old number was back so was able to register my card without screwing up the transfer.

So now I have a fully functional phone.

It was pretty awesome :) Watched a 20 min video of her class doing all sort of activates and she got a great review.

I always used to get a bit teary whenever I went to things like that. I miss those days, cherish them all :)

Got home from a week in Portugal, switched on Mrs GH's computer and it died. Took it to a local computer repair man (who's now going to be a friend for life). Discovered he was an avid music fan and Glasto-goer (though not this year) and we spent a fair bit of time talking music.

Returned the next day to collect fixed computer and he gave me half a dozen eggs (he keeps chickens), a bottle of wine (he makes his own) and then, icing on the cake, two little lumps of brown stuff. He explained that he'd given up for health reasons but thought I might enjoy them at Glasto.

Best computer breakdown I've ever known.

Got home from a week in Portugal, switched on Mrs GH's computer and it died. Took it to a local computer repair man (who's now going to be a friend for life). Discovered he was an avid music fan and Glasto-goer (though not this year) and we spent a fair bit of time talking music.

Returned the next day to collect fixed computer and he gave me half a dozen eggs (he keeps chickens), a bottle of wine (he makes his own) and then, icing on the cake, two little lumps of brown stuff. He explained that he'd given up for health reasons but thought I might enjoy them at Glasto.

Best computer breakdown I've ever known.

You don't get that at PC world. You probably don't get your computer repaired either Edited by philipsteak

I volunteered at Walsall parkrun this morning and all the "thank yous" from runners were lovely. My three year old was cheering everyone on too, from the sprinters to the dad with his 4 year old daughter who took almost an hour to get around together. Must remember to say thank you to the marshals when I'm back running next week!

• 2 weeks later...

Besides, it'd be £150 :P

I guessed at the price.

I refuse to use the train since a ticket office sold me the wrong ticket, and then I had the 'pleasure' of a meeting with the old bill at the end of my journey (who said the guard was a moron, asked me for no money, and told me to carry on).

That was better than the guard wanted. He tried to throw me off the train before my destionation. ;)

An old friend has just got a new job. That means she'll be leaving her old post before she's completed delivering some planned training in July. So she's recommended me to do the work. She'll even pass me all of the course material she's prepared. So all I'll have to do is strap on a pair of falsies and a black wig and turn up and say: "Hi, I'm Deb." (Well perhaps a little bit more).

I guessed at the price.

I refuse to use the train since a ticket office sold me the wrong ticket, and then I had the 'pleasure' of a meeting with the old bill at the end of my journey (who said the guard was a moron, asked me for no money, and told me to carry on).

That was better than the guard wanted. He tried to throw me off the train before my destionation. ;)

Aw they are a bit nicer than that in Cardiff. When I used to have to catch the train on the one line track, the guard on the way up used to let me on the train instead of having to wait in the cold for it to go back down again.

And recently, a man got on the wrong train and was offered a free ride back down to where he could resume his journey on the correct line.