Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

I've just had an evening teaching course due to start next month cancelled - which will make Mrs GH very happy as she's been complaining that she hardly sees me with evening teaching sessions, playing boules and going out for music nights. And it means more time for gigs.

Got decent tickets NFL London tickets for Dallas Cowboys Vs Jacksonville Jaguars game :D. Well as decent as you can when going for the cheap tickets, upper tier 4 rows behind the video screen and aisle seats so I can go waste money on expensive larger made from tramps piss when ever I like without annoying anyone.

Maybe Mrs GH gets to go too!

Yes and no. She's always invited but has a more limited taste and knowledge of music than me. For example I mentioned the other week that Colin Blunstone would soon be playing in Cardiff and she immediately said: "No, not interested."

Today in the kitchen she was playing some old Zombies tracks and declared: "I love The Zombies."

I pointed out that she'd turned down Colin Blunstone and she said she hadn't realised he was an original band member. "Well how was I expected to know?"

It's hard work sometimes trying to explain the antecedence of bands so I settle for "suit yourself" when I get nos.

Mrs GH is also fairly short and doesn't like standing gigs when all she can see are shoulders of people in front.

Artists/authors I love favouriting/retweeting my tweets! :D Matt Lucas (who I don't love, but anyway...) replied to one on Christmas Day. I love Twitter :D

I still have no idea what it takes to get a tweet out into the ether. I can't help feeling that this should remain the case, until the point where I do let out a final tweet -as it were. That said, it's nice to hear you are getting joy out of it.

I once went to a party where some bloke who worked with Matt Lucas on the telly was there. I couldn't fucking believe my eyes when I saw what he was doing. He was sitting in front of the telly watching clips of himself appearing on the tv show on a loop system. What's more he'd talked some very daft bastards to join him watching it. I nearly bust my shite laughing.

Congratulations! :D And, on the plus side, it could have been worse - my poor sister in law, who is tiny, recently endured 24 hours labour to give birth to a 10lb baby boy - double ouch! Understandably, she isn't keen on having another one!

Had an e-mail from one of my learners describing the initial teaching course she just finished with me as 'life changing'. She's gone from being an agoraphobic suffering from panic attacks to a confident young woman who's now got an interview for a place to do a PGCE.

I can't claim all the credit as the group as a whole have been great and have supported each other enormously. But I like to think that I might have played some small part.

• Upvote 1

Had an e-mail from one of my learners describing the initial teaching course she just finished with me as 'life changing'. She's gone from being an agoraphobic suffering from panic attacks to a confident young woman who's now got an interview for a place to do a PGCE.

I can't claim all the credit as the group as a whole have been great and have supported each other enormously. But I like to think that I might have played some small part.

I would 'like' this but have run out of likes at the moment. Nice one grumpy.