Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

23 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I reckon a gourmet Growler could be pretty good:

• Sourdough bread.
  • Triple cooked chips.
  • Kerrygold butter on the bread (lots of it).
  • Dry Cured bacon.
  • Mix of cheese, say Stilton, brie and cheddar.
  • Dijon mustard.
  • Some decent quality mayo, at least Hellman's.
  • Freshly ground black pepper.

Mix a bit of sriracha or Louisiana hot sauce into the mayo and you have a sale sir

13 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

Sorry I can't go back through all of this thread but the three places we always visit at Glasto are No Bones Jones, La Grande Bouffe for a Tartiflette and the Indian Veggie Curry stall run by Suiresh and his family on the bridge.

Image result for no bones jones

Image result for la grande bouffe glastonbury

Image result for Indian Vegetarian Curry stall glastonbury

28 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

By this thing in William's Green.

3627813668_0bf6300c6d_z.jpg

There are Indian Street Food places all over the site - but the place actually called that is up by the entrance to West Holts as you walk down from the railway track.

Excellent thanks mate. I have a serious obsession with Indian food, had a brilliant veg curry in 2015 but I'm going on a serious binge this year.

18 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

"Your growler will be twenty minutes sir - we're just batch cooking the fries for the second of the three times required."

Prefer that than "Your growler will be ready in 30 seconds sir - just as soon as I mash yesterdays twice reheated chips into the unevenly cooked soggy breadroll and top it with the cheese thats been sitting within reach of the rain all day. That'll be £6.50."

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Prefer that than "Your growler will be ready in 30 seconds sir - just as soon as I mash yesterdays twice reheated chips into the unevenly cooked soggy breadroll and top it with the cheese thats been sitting within reach of the rain all day. That'll be £6.50."

The real life Growlers were drier than that.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

56 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

By this thing in William's Green.

3627813668_0bf6300c6d_z.jpg

There are Indian Street Food places all over the site - but the place actually called that is up by the entrance to West Holts as you walk down from the railway track.

When I was drunk and lost at night last year that's the thing I headed for thinking it was the light atop the Pyramid Stage...I was wrong and cried.

44 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Excellent thanks mate. I have a serious obsession with Indian food, had a brilliant veg curry in 2015 but I'm going on a serious binge this year.

Yes theres a big Indian Street Food up by West Holts but my fave is  the South Indian Street Food near the Tony Benn tower just down from the Glastonbury concession stall with the dosas and the mahoosive bhajis. The Avalaon Indian mentioned upthread is also very good as well - we go there for masala fries.

food.png

I'm wanting street food / a trader for a wedding party - Glastonbury is my research base. Not sure if it'll go down well, but I might even ask the question.
Do you think getting a slot on the traders list for Glastonbury is a better feeling than getting a ticket?

I'm always super excited about the food!

8 hours ago, sheffieldlady said:

I'm wanting street food / a trader for a wedding party - Glastonbury is my research base. Not sure if it'll go down well, but I might even ask the question.
Do you think getting a slot on the traders list for Glastonbury is a better feeling than getting a ticket?

I'm always super excited about the food!

Is it a Yorkshire wedding? http://www.market-wraps.co.uk/ do a speciality Yorkshire pudding wrap containing a roast dinner! Would love them to be at Glastonbury!