Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

I didn't think it was one of his best, but it was of course still brilliant stuff with some really great moments.  I can't wait to see what this series brings us, hoping for something of the standard of the IRA/Al Qaeda or UKIP ones from previous series.

I listened to a lot of interviews and podcasts with Stewart Lee, where he talked about being a sort of working class jobbing comedian, the economics of what he does and some of the influences that he is referencing.  Absolutely fascinating, I could listen to him talk about anything.

The Shannara Chronicles.  Some of the acting is of the standard you'd expect from MTV, but the effects, setting and storyline are excellent.  I've watched the first 7 episodes and they kill off major characters at a rate that would make Grrrr Martin blush.

It is a blend of tolkeinesque fantasy and post apocalyptic steampunkery, visually it is impressive although there does seem to be a rule that every episode features a sculpted male stripping to the waist so he can have clothes on, pg13 relations with one of the ladies, so if you like that kind of thing, there is that.

3 hours ago, Spindles said:

The Shannara Chronicles.  Some of the acting is of the standard you'd expect from MTV, but the effects, setting and storyline are excellent.  I've watched the first 7 episodes and they kill off major characters at a rate that would make Grrrr Martin blush.

It is a blend of tolkeinesque fantasy and post apocalyptic steampunkery, visually it is impressive although there does seem to be a rule that every episode features a sculpted male stripping to the waist so he can have clothes on, pg13 relations with one of the ladies, so if you like that kind of thing, there is that.

they followed the books then - was told it was rubbish but may give it a watch after all, loved the books

16 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

It was good but a lot of the same material is in Carpet Remnant World, and I think it works slightly better within that full show.

yeah i'd seen some of it before but didn't take anything away for me. maybe the fact i was w*nkered when i watched it made it all the more hilarious

1 hour ago, windy_miller said:

Didn't realize there was a new series of Stuart Lee on.  Will have to watch them on Catch Up.

Anyone watching The Night Manager?  I'm pretty gripped.

I am. Between that and Happy Valley i'm in the unusual situation of 2 of my current favourite shows being British.Don't say that often anymore. Although the Night Manager is a co production with AMC I suppose.

• 4 weeks later...

Just spotted that the original Blues Brothers film with John Belushi and Dan Ackroyd is on Dave tonight at 9pm.  Has to be one of the best music films of all time as well as featuring the greatest car chase of all time. Can't recommend it highly enough.

• 1 month later...

Series 2 of Bloodlines now available on Netflix. I thought series 1 was brilliant so fingers crossed for this one. I'll enjoy having Kyle Chandler back in my life since binge watching Friday Night Lights!

• Upvote 1