Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

9 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

GOT is dire. Really terrible. Just don't get the fuss at all. 

I'd rather watch endless re runs of Sopranos, the wire, the west wing, or even hill street blues than watch another episode of GOT. 

Watched 3 episodes and couldn't do any more. 70 odd hours of that overly dramatic faux Shakespearean shite? Nah. Its like a crappy school play written by a 15 year old with a huge budget. 

On 06/01/2017 at 4:34 PM, Scruffylovemonster said:

Have never watched it so can't really judge I suppose but I have less than zero interest in it. Glad to hear there are people who don't like it. Every other bugger in the world tells me I have to watch it. Which frankly puts me off even more. 

Although I held off Sherlock for similar reasons and finally gave in and loved it. 

Yeah this is pretty much how I feel about it. I don't know what it is about loads of people telling me I need to watch it that makes me more against watching it.

Managed to finally catch up and watch Charlie Brookers 2016 Wipe - Very funny.

14 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Sherlock was up its own ass last night. Smacks of so much effort to have a twist with a twist with a twist etc etc. Just seems a bit forced.

I enjoyed it in parts and it was nowhere near the worst, but sometimes less is more..........

Yeah I've been thinking that for a while now with Sherlock. I havent actually seen this weeks episode yet so cant comment, but its pretty telling that I used last night to catch up with NFL from the weekend and not Sherlock.

10 minutes ago, mjsell said:

but its pretty telling that I used last night to catch up with NFL from the weekend and not Sherlock.

Some poor games last weekend with the Pack and Gmen being in the more interesting of them, but even that ended up strangely lopsided in the end

Some tasty prospects this weekend. Other than the Pats game it will be hard to make a confident pick in any of the other games

I always hold the Divisional Playoff weekend as "the best" weekend of football in the calendar. There will be 12 hours of live ball watched and its the best versus the best (oh, and the Texans!)

1 minute ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Some poor games last weekend with the Pack and Gmen being in the more interesting of them, but even that ended up strangely lopsided in the end

Some tasty prospects this weekend. Other than the Pats game it will be hard to make a confident pick in any of the other games

I always hold the Divisional Playoff weekend as "the best" weekend of football in the calendar. There will be 12 hours of live ball watched and its the best versus the best (oh, and the Texans!)

Wow didnt know anyone else on here was that into it. Yeah was catching up with Giants Packers as that was the only good looking game of the weekend - died a death by the end though.

But yeah great summary. If forced my picks would be - Pats, Chiefs, Falcons, Packers.

Packers Cowboys game of the weekend. Rodgers is unplayable at the moment.

15 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Packers Cowboys game of the weekend. Rodgers is unplayable at the moment.

He is unreal. Also the Packers O-line is playing at such a high level, so Rodgers' skills with all that time his O-line allows him is ridiculously dangerous. Sure they don't have a running game in reality, making them a lot more predictable and it's still hard to stop. It's very much a case of "you know what we are going to do, can you stop it?"

It will also be interesting to see how Prescott and Elliot respond to the bright lights of pressurised, prime time, playoff football.

What I hope for - Texans, Steelers, Packers, Falcons

What I think - Pats, Chiefs, Packers, Seahawks

23 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

He is unreal. Also the Packers O-line is playing at such a high level, so Rodgers' skills with all that time his O-line allows him is ridiculously dangerous. Sure they don't have a running game in reality, making them a lot more predictable and it's still hard to stop. It's very much a case of "you know what we are going to do, can you stop it?"

It will also be interesting to see how Prescott and Elliot respond to the bright lights of pressurised, prime time, playoff football.

What I hope for - Texans, Steelers, Packers, Falcons

What I think - Pats, Chiefs, Packers, Seahawks

You want the Texans to win? I hate the Pats as much as the next guy but it would be a travesty if that Texans offense makes a conference game. The D is outrageous though - Clowney is an animal, and to be best in the league without J.J is scary. I hope its sack central for Brady.... Maybe I do want the Texans to win.

I don't like to write the Cowboys off because I feel like everyone has been trying to do that all season and have got it completely wrong everytime, but that Packers team is firing big time. Will have no Nelson though by the looks of things but I dont think Rodgers particularly needs him at the moment. Think its going to be an absolute shoot out of a game - Both O's are better than the others D.

24 minutes ago, mjsell said:

You want the Texans to win?

100%! For that Texans team to dump out Brady et al would be hilarious! It will no way happen and I reckon the Pats only have to score 17 points to be sure of the win.

I think most people will pick the Packers this weekend just cause they are the hot team; have won 7 on the bounce; and Rodgers is the man. But I dont think anyone is really writing off the Boys at all. It really could go either way, but when forced to pick the Pack just seem that little bit better at the mo for most. If Dak and Zik maintain their regular season level of play then it could be a crazy scoring game

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, greenfairy43 said:

I'm off work post-operatively, so need to spend time feet up. I've just started binge watching Orange is the New Black.  Enjoying it so far..... 

My girlfriend loves that show, I don't see the attraction. I know everything thats happened though obviously, and will no doubt continue to be within earshot whenever she is watching it. 

Tried to start watching the Wire for the first time the other day, only got 2 episodes in and am struggling. Not sure if it hasnt aged well or I wasn't in the right mood for it (or it just starts slow) - but everyone I know whom I value their TV show opinions put it in their top 3 of all time so feel like I need to persevere .

Edited by mjsell

2 hours ago, mjsell said:

Tried to start watching the Wire for the first time the other day, only got 2 episodes in and am struggling. Not sure if it hasnt aged well or I wasn't in the right mood for it (or it just starts slow) - but everyone I know whom I value their TV show opinions put it in their top 3 of all time so feel like I need to persevere .

It starts slow and subtly. I think it's aged really well (I only watched it for the first time about 4-5 years ago). It builds really elegantly though.

I've been watching Edge of Darkness for the first time over the last few weeks and the experience of watching it is a bit like my experience of The Wire, in the sense that it's really taken me a while to adjust to the style and rhythm of the storytelling.

I keep thinking I must have skipped an episode or missed a crucial detail by accident, then realising that most TV storytelling has become so homogenous that it's actually disarming to see something done differently.