Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

8 hours ago, The Nal said:

Sorry yeah thats what I meant. Assume they set the hide at a height and where they know eagles can spot food easily enough. 

I'm pretty sure theres fairly strong ethics around this type of stuff - not messing about with nature etc so I'd be surprised if it was a plant.

Plus the Daily Mail are watching then like, well, hawks to spot the slightest whiff of a potential 'scandal'

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/11/2016 at 2:50 PM, trevethin said:

*whispers*  We are going to watch The Grand Tour this evening.  Am curious.

Watched them because I was curious too. So far, I found the first episode boring and the second episode excruciatingly unfunny to the point I switched it off. Can't see me watching anymore.

58 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

holy shit the end of that episode of Westworld. glad we've actually been given a LOT of answers, as well as opening a whole load of other doors. i can see why a lot of people got turned off by it but i think it's really worth sticking with

There were weeks when I was a. It frustrated but I never stopped being curious. Awesome payoff though, what a series. 

Anthony Hopkins is just so good. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Anyone watch Sherlock? Thoughts? Still haven't made my mind up. Really enjoyed last year's "back in time" one, especially after Series 3, but it could be close to  jumping the shark now.  

Still enjoyed it, but can't decide if it's getting too silly. 

Its just turned into some odd drama as opposed to a detective comedy/thriller type thing. 

Binged Catastrophe seasons 1 & 2 during December. A very good watch IMO. A good comedy first a foremost, but they do the dramatic very well at times also. A nice balance. I think Rob Delaney and Sharon Horgan are 2 pretty useful actors and have a great chemistry on screen. I also loved the "very Irishness" of some of the jokes, especially in the first series. Reminded me of Ted in a way, in that respect, but obviously presented in a totally different manner.

Cant wait now for the third series 

18 hours ago, eFestivals said:

no shit. :P

(sherlock)

Aww.

That was really funny

Until I scrolled down to the second line.

A joke's not funny if you have to explain it.

It's not like you to talk down to your audience. :P

(He typed. Talking down to his audience).

Edited by MrZigster
  • Upvote 1

Thanks to one of those boxes where you can record TV to watch/catch up later, I'm a bit behind with some of my viewing.  But watched the Rowan Atkinson Maigret last night and it was superb.  Beautifully filmed and set with good production values.  Certainly hoping for more.

And the TV mini series of 2016 for me was Stephen Poliakoff's Close to the Enemy.  If you can still catch it on repeat, it's a masterpiece of TV drama.

finally got round to watching Stranger Things before Christmas, thought it was great. So much so, that I happily sat through a fair few episodes again when my other half watched it a few days later (its rare for her to get into a series like she did with this one).

Looking for another series to start watching now. Currently weighing up Westworld, Mr Robot or House of Cards (have seen the first series). Then theres also the possiblity of finally succumbing and diving in to the longer ones I've missed/avoided - Walking Dead, Game of Thrones or Madmen

4 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

If you liked series 1, then Series 2 of House of cards is great. Series 3 pedestrian, but stick with it cos series 4 is arguably the best. 

This is the problem, I thought I enjoyed series 1, but clearly not enough as I didnt instantly go for series 2 and then sort of just forgot about it. I really like Kevin Spacey as well so I feel like I should be more in to it.

20 minutes ago, mjsell said:

This is the problem, I thought I enjoyed series 1, but clearly not enough as I didnt instantly go for series 2 and then sort of just forgot about it. I really like Kevin Spacey as well so I feel like I should be more in to it.

Just get on GOT and be done.........dont bother with TWD or Madmen. Both are way too big of an investment for what you get back IMO.........Much better stuff out there.........

Edited by ThomThomDrum
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Just get on GOT and be done.........dont bother with TWD or Madmen. Both are way too big of an investment for what you get back IMO.........Much better stuff out there.........

Game of Thrones is one of those for me. I'm not sure I can bring mysef to finally dive in - it just seems that its gone too far and for too long of me not watching for me to commit that time towards it. Especially as it still hasnt ended, and I assume hasnt got any plans of doing so anytime soon.

24 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Game of Thrones is one of those for me. I'm not sure I can bring mysef to finally dive in - it just seems that its gone too far and for too long of me not watching for me to commit that time towards it. Especially as it still hasnt ended, and I assume hasnt got any plans of doing so anytime soon.

has two series left, but is seriously worth your time - i don't know anybody who started on it late who regretted it

32 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Walking Dead is longer and doesn't appear to be drawing to a close. 

And of course it's not that good in comparison. 

I'm always jealous of people who've never watched GOT and have the opportunity to discover it for the first time. It's spectacular, in all senses of the word. Only 15 episodes to go allegedly so no fear of it going on forever. 

Re: Sherlock - wasn't holding my attention for the first half but the second half actually grabbed me. Hoping the rest of the episodes continue in that vein. 

Catastrophe was one of the funniest things we watched last year. We have a friend with a baby called Muireann so we laughed even harder at the start of series 2. I've never been a fan of Rob Delaney but there's great chemistry between the two of the them, Sharon Horgan is hilarious. 

Husband has been watxhing US Shameless so I've caught a few of those and really enjoyed them despite it being a total replay of the originals