Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

3 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

It does have tendency to get a bit Inbetweeners, which always ruins the episode. Mark trashing the office dressed as Hitler as the German guy walks in a few years ago was definitely the low point, all it was missing was J and Neil sniggering in the background.

5 & 6 were definitely the weakest series, although even hidden within them is solid comedy gold. 

Started Jessica Jones and really enjoying it 3 episodes in. I liked the actor who plays Luke when he was in The Good Wife so good to see him in something else. 

Also started the Bastard Executioner - jury's out on that one 2 episodes in. 

5 hours ago, metallimuse said:

The Bastard Executioner has been canceled.

Ah, good excuse not to persist with it!

It does feel like any attempt at anything remotely medieval is always going to compare unfavourably with GOT due to the discrepancies in budgets. The sets and battles just look awful in comparison!

8 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Yeah, I've just checked and I'm only up to 8, not seen 9 yet. Don't get me wrong, 8 was fine but I was definitely kind of distracted in a way I haven't been with all the other episodes

Fair enough, won't say anymore as you ain't watched it but it's a good one.

I ended up enjoying Jessica Jones in the end. It wasn't amazing, but it was enjoyable. It could have been quite a lot better if it was only 8 episode and focused only on the good characters. The Purple Man's parents were ridiculous, the upstairs neighbour was weird and irritating, and crack neighbour went from crack to model cleanshirt citizen way too quickly. I liked evil lawyer, but she could have been used much better. Patsy Walker needs her own series, she took too much shit in this but still ended up being the best character in the whole thing. Nuke could have been great if he wasn't so clumsily handled. Luke Cage was great all the way through, I really missed him for the episodes he was away, I'm looking forward to his series a lot. Jessica Jones was very good as well, she's made the character her own. I think the show will hit its stride in the second series now that it doesn't have to dance around with The Purple Man the entire time.

thought Nuke/the guy playing him was terrible. constantly trying to come off as badass and tough as nails but missing the boat entirely. i get that he's a hard character to get right considering how over the top he is in the comics, but i thought the casting choice was all wrong. i didn't believe that guy as Nuke for a second

Luke was clearly the best thing in it. very much looking forward to his standalone series

Edited by FloorFiller

52 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

I know I'm nearly a week late but last week's Peep Show was the best of this series by a long mile, probably the best in ages.

"Revenge: the sexy man's justice!"

yeah it was definitely my favourite of this series so far. last one on Wednesday :'( god i hope it's good

Edited by FloorFiller

not really sure what i expected from the end of Peep Show, but i definitely expected more than that. it just kind of... ended, as if it was the end of any old episode. maybe that's the only way it could've ended - a 'grand finale' doesn't seem like it's kind of style - but i thought there'd be some kind of sweet sentiment or... something. feel like they weren't really sure what to do with the characters anymore

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

not really sure what i expected from the end of Peep Show, but i definitely expected more than that. it just kind of... ended, as if it was the end of any old episode. maybe that's the only way it could've ended - a 'grand finale' doesn't seem like it's kind of style - but i thought there'd be some kind of sweet sentiment or... something. feel like they weren't really sure what to do with the characters anymore

I dunno, is that not sort of the point? That despite everything they're still in the same situation they were when it started?

8 hours ago, philipsteak said:

Luther - As ever, ridiculous, over the top nonsense with every 'tortured cop' cliche going. Loved it. 

we watched episode 1 after dinner last night. Totally agree. Idris Elba is awesome, and the bad guy is a nasty piece of work.

Very, very cliched, but exactly what I wanted. Will be finishing it tonight.