Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

So much repetitive flab up to episode 5, really is about 50% too long at this point. Like Jessica Jones, it feels as though it's suffering from having an episode quota to fill which exceeds the necessary time for the series to do what it needs to.  Really I'm not as shocked by this as everybody else seems to be. The internet's existed for years, stories about this sort of fuckery going on in backwoods America have been accessible. 

Looks like the poor sap's innocent, had pretty much all of his adult life stolen because some suits didn't like him. Could all be massively skewed though. All the evidence that convicts him seems to be neatly rebutted, makes me suspicious that there's other prosecution evidence that isn't being shown, or that the existing evidence is being manipulated so it can be rebutted easily. Doesn't seem likely that it could be as obvious as the series wants me to think it is.

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Am hoping house of cards just had the traditional "3rd season slump" and this is a return to form

59 minutes ago, The Nal said:

As am I, the last season was pish.

Was it really that bad? I've watched the first two seasons but can't be arsed to start the third one at all, even though I enjoyed the previous ones.

My missus loved Derren Brown - Push, and I'm a massive fan of him. I thought it was OK. I thought while watching it that the subject (Chris) would have a decent shout at developing PTSD.

Restarted Making a Murderer, seeing as I nodded off partway into episode one a while ago, and didn't return. I'm up to episode 6 now, and thoroughly enjoying it. Netflix really do turn out some great content.

On 1/11/2016 at 3:15 PM, When Jokers Attack said:

Powered through Making A Murderer over the weekend as before I had it spoiled. superb stuff but not surprising at all. It's right up there with Paradise Lost and The Staircase when it comes to true crime. 

absolutely. watched the full series over about 2-3 days, as I knew I would pick up on spoilers if i didnt rage through it.

Spoiler

i would hate to be in front of a jury in a hick town county court, all the way through I was thinking - theres no evidence, theres no evidence. the police obviously framed avery, but more shocking was the treatment of dassey. the video interview was a perfect "how not to interview a minor with learning difficulty"

the whole thing just stunk of a witch hunt. i'm sure avery might have been a bit of a local c**t, and i'm sure dassey might have grown up to be similar, but i honestly expected more from the jury, especially when they found him not guilty on the mutilation count. if you are saying he killed her, and her remains were in his yard - how did he not mutilate her?

and i suppose, most shockingly of all - the brother was convinced that his sister's killer was no longer walking the streets - i wouldnt be able to let it lie with those doubts in my mind

Edited by t8yman

Netflix is bringing back Black Mirror!

Charlie Brooker is on board. Can we thank our dear leader for fucking the severed head of a pig and therefore renewing interest in the series? Best prospect of a Netflix original so far for me.

Anybody enjoying Making A Murderer should watch West of Memphis, it'll take up less of your time, and is also much better and happier. Although it doesn't have adorable Mr and Mrs Avery in it, those guys are so cute, they're about 90% of the reason I'm still watching.

I disagree, whilst west of memphis was kinda made as a "whole story" kind of thing, theres no substitute to watching paradise lost 1&2 first, and then finishing with west of memphis.

if you really cant be bothered with the first 2, then go ahead - west of memphis is great in its own right. but you will miss a lot of detail, and a lot of atmosphere.

On ‎16‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 3:33 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Charlie Brooker is on board. Can we thank our dear leader for fucking the severed head of a pig and therefore renewing interest in the series? Best prospect of a Netflix original so far for me.

Why didn't C4 renew it?! Fools!

On 1/16/2016 at 3:33 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Anybody enjoying Making A Murderer should watch West of Memphis, it'll take up less of your time, and is also much better and happier. Although it doesn't have adorable Mr and Mrs Avery in it, those guys are so cute, they're about 90% of the reason I'm still watching.

Lovely stuff. Rewatched the second series recently, White Bear and Be Right Back are both incredible pieces of TV.

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

haven't watched Black Mirror in ages. gonna have to go back to it all soon. any word on the release date of series 3? is it all gonna be dumped on Netflix at once or be a once a week deal like Better Call Saul?

Wasnt Better Call Saul only released weekly as it was on US TV also? 

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

good point. i just prefer it done that way as it all being dumped on there at once just leads me to binge it all at once instead of taking in each episode properly

Yeah and with the likes on BM each episode should really be watched in isolation and mulled over thereafter before testing yourself with another

Apparently they are commissioned for 12 episodes! Thats some writing pressure. I wonder if standards will slip as a result

Edited by ThomThomDrum

1 minute ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Yeah and with the likes on BM each episode should really be watched in isolation and mulled over thereafter before testing yourself with another

Apparently they are commissioned for 12 episodes! Thats some writing pressure. I wonder if standards will slip as a result

oh wow i was just expecting the three again. both exciting and worrying. i'm guessing there'll be a fair few filler eps in there along with some that stand up with the previous eps, but hopefully not too many

On 1/17/2016 at 6:21 AM, t8yman said:

I disagree, whilst west of memphis was kinda made as a "whole story" kind of thing, theres no substitute to watching paradise lost 1&2 first, and then finishing with west of memphis.

if you really cant be bothered with the first 2, then go ahead - west of memphis is great in its own right. but you will miss a lot of detail, and a lot of atmosphere.

May watch the Paradise Lost films on this recommendation then, I've never seen them. Is the 3rd one worth it?