New security measures in place

brettredmayne

6 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

I was always warned about long lines to get in on a wenesday anyway even before this but always found it far overhyped, last year I did the coach package I did this year for example got on site about 7am, joined the line which wasnt long at all and basically walked right in soon as gates opened. I was told all these horror stories about how on a wenesday if you werent arriving and lining up overnight you had no chance of a quick entry and that turned out to be utter bollocks. 

Mind you that may be because ive always come in via gate a, is that less busy then other gates? serving as it does just bike and coach customers? 

Is Gate A just coach and bikers? Doesn't it also serve Yellow and Pink car parks too?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

I was always warned about long lines to get in on a wenesday anyway even before this but always found it far overhyped, last year I did the coach package I did this year for example got on site about 7am, joined the line which wasnt long at all and basically walked right in soon as gates opened. I was told all these horror stories about how on a wenesday if you werent arriving and lining up overnight you had no chance of a quick entry and that turned out to be utter bollocks. 

Mind you that may be because ive always come in via gate a, is that less busy then other gates? serving as it does just bike and coach customers? 

coaches get priority entrance over people coming by car at gate A, I went by coach the first time and we walked straight in about 9am.

There is a separate zigzag queue from the carparks at gate A which can get quite busy at times.

Just now, Bristol Boy said:

We are staying offsite so will arrive at Gate C with literally nothing but tickets in hand. Will we have to join the queue or will there be any fast-track option? (think I know the answer but.......)

You will have to join the queue

3 minutes ago, rpfranks said:

coaches get priority entrance over people coming by car at gate A, I went by coach the first time and we walked straight in about 9am.

There is a separate zigzag queue from the carparks at gate A which can get quite busy at times.

jay-bus-wanker-car-wankers.jpg

Hoping the humourous intent of this post is acknowledged :D

Just now, Zac Quinn said:

Seems a bit silly really. Should have separate queues for those with and without bags, like at Disney World.

I guess they are going on the assumption that the majority of people at the festival will be camping, which is correct, so it would require additional - and unnecessary - resources to have a separate queue with security etc. there too.

20 minutes ago, rpfranks said:

I never knew that I assumed it was just coaches and bikers etc, are the lines seperate then? definitely dont recall seeing any line other then the one from the coach park when going through before.

I wonder if us coachers wont have as bad a wait as the rest then, if so thats a bonus

Edited by waterfalls212434

Just now, waterfalls212434 said:

I never knew that I assumed it was just coaches and bikers etc, are the lines seperate then? definitely dont recall seeing any line other then the one from the coach park when going through before

you won't see the car park queue coming in by coach as it is blocked off by a building, the top of the zigzag does go up a little bit of a narrow hill though and then coaches/car people go through the same entrance for wristbands.

5 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

I never knew that I assumed it was just coaches and bikers etc, are the lines seperate then? definitely dont recall seeing any line other then the one from the coach park when going through before.

I wonder if us coachers wont have as bad a wait as the rest then, if so thats a bonus

The queue start off separately - public transport to the left of the gate, cars to the right - and then join together in a scrum just before the gate. It's part of the reason a quite orderly queue turns into a complete mess at the gate entry.

I've gone in on the coach side 4 times and the car side once. Can't say I noticed much of a difference in time queuing arrivingat 9-10am or so.

Edited by fowls

18 minutes ago, jonodillieono said:

Matt42 now claiming his friend forgot to hide his drugs and so walked in with them in his pocket and weren't found

Has anyone actually ever been caught? What do they do if they find them? In all the years of going I've never seen anyone actually searched and found with anything...

49 minutes ago, jonodillieono said:

Matt42 now claiming his friend forgot to hide his drugs and so walked in with them in his pocket and weren't found

Not the wildest claim. Know plenty who have just sailed through without hiding them before 

54 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

sorry my typo, I didnt mean last year, ;last year I came by train and got rail bus in I meant the `last year` I did the coach ticket thing which was 2015

:) fair enough - I wonder if that gate will be buggered for car park users if they prioritise keeping the bus queue cleared - really tough choice this year!

1 minute ago, p.pete said:

:) fair enough - I wonder if that gate will be buggered for car park users if they prioritise keeping the bus queue cleared - really tough choice this year!

To be honest gate A car queue is usually ok and the queue is mostly moving, the only thing slowing it down is the bottleneck at the top

1 hour ago, Zac Quinn said:

Seems a bit silly really. Should have separate queues for those with and without bags, like at Disney World.

Sounds to me like there will be

"There will be separate search lanes for those with large luggage and trolleys, and we anticipate that these lanes will be significantly slower. So, please think: do you really need that camping chair? Can you manage without that extra food and drink? Remember, you can buy pretty much anything you need here on site."