New security measures in place

brettredmayne

50 minutes ago, betharm said:

Myself and thousands of others had to wait in a shuttle bus queue for 5 hours in the hot sun early Wednesday morning of Glasto 2015. I think I remember water being given out after about 3 hours, and no one was provided any gazebo/alternative for shade. It was hell and exhausted us for the first couple of days of the festival. 

The Bath & West Showground in 2015 was shambolic if not actually quite dangerous. They monumentally fucked up with this.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, jonodillieono said:

Matt42 has gone in via Oxfam and wants everyone to know that 'Just some news from security on site - pass this through to Efests. Anything sealed is getting ripped Open by security'

Didn't really elaborate further and then turned his data off but he has quite a bit of gear on him and got in fine like

My poor lips.

for the life of me I cant understand as I said above they dont use scanners? able to detect far more accurately (a person may miss something but an xray wont)  a lot quicker,(pop bag on scanner, pick it up on other side airport style) and far less intrusive and keeps the lines moving faster. Id have thought it would have been a simple case of hiring the equipment for the week and the trained staff who know what they are looking for to operate it, and routing the lines through it (say 1 or 2 machines for each entrance)

if its good enough for a place like disneyland paris that handles these volumes of people day in day out then why not festivals? 

3 minutes ago, jonodillieono said:

Matt42 has gone in via Oxfam and wants everyone to know that 'Just some news from security on site - pass this through to Efests. Anything sealed is getting ripped Open by security'

Didn't really elaborate further and then turned his data off but he has quite a bit of gear on him and got in fine like

I have a 22 bag multipack of walkers .... oh the humanity!

2 minutes ago, jonodillieono said:

Haha this is the sort of cryptic mine that will fuel a good 5 more pages of this thread.

4 minutes ago, jonodillieono said:

I assume everything is being broken down to molecular level, quick NMR of everything and all substances categorized and flagged accordingly

3 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

If its good enough for a place like disneyland paris that handles these volumes of people day in day out then why not festivals? 

It's because of the amount of daily traffic meaning it's worth the significant investment needed to install the expensive equipment. Glastonbury while huge only has these issues for a couple of days.

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

It's because of the amount of daily traffic meaning it's worth the significant investment needed to install the expensive equipment. Glastonbury while huge only has these issues for a couple of days.

well obviously theyd hire rather then buy it, I don`t know the logistics exactly but im pretty sure these kind of scanners would be available for those running large events to hire?

Just now, waterfalls212434 said:

well obviously theyd hire rather then buy it, I don`t know the logistics exactly but im pretty sure these kind of scanners would be available for those running large events to hire?

Prior to this year I'd have said they wouldn't have had the demand for such equipment so not freely available but there's a market for it now. Possibly something that could be seen in future years across all festivals.

1 minute ago, benjii said:

I'm guessing we're all going to be forced to drink all our alcohol at the gate to reassure security that it's not harmful chemicals. I hope they're providing the snacks.

No one has to force me to consume alcohol at the gates.

Usually I have to sip on my bag of cider to assure people it isn't piss...