Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

2 minutes ago, Splatt said:

Yes I'm a glass half empty kinda guy but there's still too much rain around the SW for my liking in latest run. Yes it could be very light but worst case isn't it showing potential for rain from around 0900-1500 Wednesday and then again all evening; Saturday rain potentially all day until 9PM and then Sunday from lunchtime onwards with potential for serious downpour in evening.

Don't get me wrong this looks vastly superior to forecasts prior to previous fests but the consistent themes the last couple of days is for more and more rain to be in the SW over next weekend. 

I don't think they know clearly so forecast a breakdown later in the week on the assumption that the current run has to end sometime.

2 minutes ago, Splatt said:

Yes I'm a glass half empty kinda guy but there's still too much rain around the SW for my liking in latest run. Yes it could be very light but worst case isn't it showing potential for rain from around 0900-1500 Wednesday and then again all evening; Saturday rain potentially all day until 9PM and then Sunday from lunchtime onwards with potential for serious downpour in evening.

Don't get me wrong this looks vastly superior to forecasts prior to previous fests but the consistent themes the last couple of days is for more and more rain to be in the SW over next weekend. 

The levels of rain we are talking on those charts are nothing.

There is no rain for Pilton on the Wednesday chart. And the rain you speak of which is further north will dry out as soon as it touches the ground at the temperatures that day. Anything above 21 degrees and the ground will dry out very, very, very quickly.

Same for the Saturday too. There really is hardly anything on the chart and probably won't rain at all.

29 minutes ago, Heather90 said:

I have a question. Is it really nudity optional? Or mostly compulsary. Id be comfier in a bikini but wouldn't want to stand out . Lost horizons and strummerville are my last unexplored areas

Hi Heather, yes it's totally clothing optional. Most people nude up and in the sauna especially as it's more comfortable but there are people sunbathing, relaxing etc in swimwear too. Lost Horizons caters for everyone. I promise you, you'll love it. I'll be there for most of Thursday. It's a nice piece of calm amongst the madness :)   

1 hour ago, uscore said:

Tempted by lost horizons this year. Nudity is not mandatory tho, right? 

No not mandatory at all. Wear (or don't wear!) whatever makes you comfortable :)

Thanks! I'll definitely consider. I'm only arriving Thursday afternoon this year so if not this time definitely next! 

1 minute ago, sime said:

Hi Heather, yes it's totally clothing optional. Most people nude up and in the sauna especially as it's more comfortable but there are people sunbathing, relaxing etc in swimwear too. Lost Horizons caters for everyone. I promise you, you'll love it. I'll be there for most of Thursday. It's a nice piece of calm amongst the madness :)   

Just now, Heather90 said:

Thanks! I'll definitely consider. I'm only arriving Thursday afternoon this year so if not this time definitely next! 

Cool! It runs all weekend. Hope you enjoy it whenever you manage to go. It's proper good!  

44 minutes ago, Splatt said:

Exactly. A couple of half decent forecasts and everyone turns into Billy Big Bollocks. 

The high pressure can still break down into a total shit show. Saturday/Sunday are still out of range. 

Weather Outlook, Metcheck, Accuweather and YR all showing rain of some sort at the weekend (coupled with the temp drops that confirms the breakdown of pressure) with a couple saying Sunday is going to be fucking horrific.

The complacency in this thread is disheartening. 

Lets see what these crackheads at Countryfile say later. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Exactly. A couple of half decent forecasts and everyone turns into Billy Big Bollocks. 

The high pressure can still break down into a total shit show. Saturday/Sunday are still out of range. 

Weather Outlook, Metcheck, Accuweather and YR all showing rain of some sort at the weekend (coupled with the temp drops that confirms the breakdown of pressure) with a couple saying Sunday is going to be fucking horrific.

The complacency in this thread is disheartening. 

Lets see what these crackheads at Countryfile say later. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/40321042 - they say this