Self Confirmed 2017

the wonderwhy

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

nope ... tho the manner of the denial had me think ATCQ is probably right.

Then again I've misread shit loads of similar vagaries from the same face over the years, so on that basis it's probably wrong. :lol:

If I've read this rightly, the manner of the denial has lead you to believe that Tribe are playing?

55 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I am too and although it went to extreme, if you book as controvertial act as they did a couple of years ago for a place like Glastonbury shit will hit the fan. I'd be shocked if they did something like that again.

There was no reason whatsoever for any shit to hit any fan, and certainly not for her to receieve any personal abuse or threats.

And in future the festival should follow their own instincts as to who to book and not be intimidated by or dictated to by c**ts .

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

I am too and although it went to extreme, if you book as controvertial act as they did a couple of years ago for a place like Glastonbury shit will hit the fan. I'd be shocked if they did something like that again.

Why would you be shocked if their book a massive act that sells millions of records around the world that some people do not like?

What 'shocks' me is the pathetic little idiots who moan about it - one act on one stage for 90 minutes when there is so much more to see and do.

23 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Weird, as the link @dentalplan posted clearly shows them as playing, and the other festival dates listed on that page are right as far as I can see - Womad, 'Festival Tropical Pressure' in Cornwall. Could they be playing, just not on West Holts, maybe somewhere small instead?

Might be elsewhere, yeah. Defo not West Holt's tho.

38 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

There was no reason whatsoever for any shit to hit any fan, and certainly not for her to receieve any personal abuse or threats.

And in future the festival should follow their own instincts as to who to book and not be intimidated by or dictated to by c**ts .

The threats are wrong but come on, it's not like it wasn't known was sort of prick he is before the festival whether you like his music or not. Decision wise, for someone known for his rants, his attitude and licking Beyonce's arse because he'd rather be on her that the Kardashian, it wasn't a wise move.

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

The threats are wrong but come on, it's not like it wasn't known was sort of prick he is before the festival whether you like his music or not. Decision wise, for someone known for his rants, his attitude and licking Beyonce's arse because he'd rather be on her that the Kardashian, it wasn't a wise move.

Good grief - so the festival should only book acts where none of them are outspoken OTT idiots then!

Not many left to book if you like a good performer then.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

You're honestly such a baffling creature. 

10 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

You're honestly such a baffling creature. 

Not really, you're issue if you fail to understand!

10 minutes ago, Soggy Bisque said:

You're just a bit of a racist aren't you?

Racist?, yes because I mentioned the color of his skin in the argument instead of just referring to him and persons and people.....oh wait, no I didn't. 

11 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Not really, you're issue if you fail to understand!

Racist?, yes because I mentioned the color of his skin in the argument instead of just referring to him and persons and people.....oh wait, no I didn't. 

Probably shouldn't go to parties in blackface if you're trying to hide your obvious racism mate

2 minutes ago, Soggy Bisque said:

You didnt need to. It's the blackface that did it.

1 minute ago, Mash011 said:

Probably shouldn't go to parties in blackface if you're trying to hide your obvious racism mate

So I shouldn't turn up to another black friends birthday as the 5 of us?, he posted a picture saying Jackson 5 on the night. 

What an absolutely ludicrous statement.

11 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

So I shouldn't turn up to another black friends birthday as the 5 of us?, he posted a picture saying Jackson 5 on the night. 

What an absolutely ludicrous statement.

you should go back saying 'it's just the way I am' because that would be a more coherent defence of your behaviour than this

1 minute ago, Mash011 said:

you should go back saying 'it's just the way I am' because that would be a more coherent defence of your behaviour than this

Get fucked you idiot! The response from my friend if I said I don't want to do it because it's racist would and pretty much did by some get met by him him laughing and denying it is. I've got loads of black friends and none of them took offence so if someone I don't know does then your problem to deal with not mine.

10 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Get fucked you idiot! The response from my friend if I said I don't want to do it because it's racist would and pretty much did by some get met by him him laughing and denying it is. I've got loads of black friends and none of them took offence so if someone I don't know does then your problem to deal with not mine.

You have anger issues.

14 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

"I'm not racist, I've got black friends"