2017 Legend slot

1waveydavey

I have looked to see if there is a topic for this already and cant see one, Im really sorry if there is and I have started a duplicate - if so, sorry....

My recurring wish is that t will be Aretha Franklin or Scott Walker playing the accessible stuff (nothing against the rest of his output but a "greatest hits set would be fantastic).

My best guess though for a realistic Legend for 2017 would be Carole King. She played the UK this Summer for the first time in may years and it went down a storm. Ill take a set of Tapestry please.

• 3 months later...
22 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

:lol:

If they manage to sign her up they'll put her on in the Acoustic or something.

Perhaps that's the plan, that the story has missed, to go with an assumption instead...? :unsure:

There's been a few of Michael's favourites there in the last few years, and the prominent use of 'headliner' in the story is a little odd for the legends slot.

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Perhaps that's the plan, that the story has missed, to go with an assumption instead...? :unsure:

There's been a few of Michael's favourites there in the last few years, and the prominent use of 'headliner' in the story is a little odd for the legends slot.

Thought it is thought of as almost a 4th headliner slot now.

Just a little side point, would you expect the Bootlegs being as Acoustic has Ben mentioned to play a 3rd slot again or get higher?

News papers love to chuck out the headliner click bait chat when they know full well they are not going to top the bill.

I had an argument with a work colleague the other day who was positive that dolly Parton headlined in 2014. They were quite adamant despite the fact they were not in attendance and I was ( when I say I was there I mean I was slumped in pain on a bench near the glade trying to sort my feet out while also trying to block out Sam Smith! )

47 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

How many more 80+ Year old legends can we get for 2017? Kris, Nana, others like Burt before, I'm going for Loretta Lynn, who is touring next year at a mere 84.

http://www.ihopeidiebeforeigetold.com/oldest-living-rock-stars.php

I'm voting for Dick Dale at West Holts! Absolute legend, and 80 by the time the gates have opened.

Edited by Robinn