Jamie T

brettredmayne

Was trying for Brixton Sat night, got nowhere! Gutted. Stub Hub, the w*nkers, were selling them for £60 about 30 mins after they sold out. Pisses me off! So glad touts can't buy up Glasto tickets, it'd be horrible

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

seem to be a couple of stupidly positive reviews coming out for this - 'his best one yet', 'genre-bending classic' etc. that good, really? didn't care for Tinfoil Boy but i'm gonna have to check this out

Not sure it's better than Carry On Up but it definitely stands up on its own merit after 5 or 6 run throughs. 

I'll give it a few more turns over the next couple of days when I'm off work, but Tinfoil boy (which I still love with it's rage inspired bass), Drone Strike and Power over men (which has REALLY grown on me) make for a great opening to the album for my taste.  Tescoland is back to standard Jamie T fare (if there is such a thing) and should please the singalong pop kids.

Obviously a bit early to see how the songs on this record are received, but I'm pinning my hopes on a triumphant return to the Other stage next year, in the dark please.

On 07/09/2016 at 7:29 AM, brettredmayne said:

love dragon bone and Joan of arc, quite enjoying this album

That Clash inspired one, Robin Hood, stands out for me as well.  To be honest it is a very well rounded album, I'm even happier with it a few days in than I had expected to be, it starts strong, plays to the fans for the mid section and the closing 3 tracks work really well together.  Listening to this record I can well believe the stories of hundreds of unreleased tracks covering many styles, clearly much more to mr T than there appears to the casual observer.  Really wishing I'd had cash for tickets when the tour was announced now.

Edited by Spindles