Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

every now and then I get emails from the Amazon Associates people, recommending stuff that efests should promote to its users based on what the users from here have been buying most.

Normally it's just tents and other stuff people will use for camping. The latest one also has a string of Radiohead albums.

That's your fault this-topic, that is. :lol:

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

every now and then I get emails from the Amazon Associates people, recommending stuff that efests should promote to its users based on what the users from here have been buying most.

Normally it's just tents and other stuff people will use for camping. The latest one also has a string of Radiohead albums.

That's your fault this-topic, that is. :lol:

Awaits the efest Taylor Swift merchandise from last year :)

tent, tent, solar powered lantern, shoe repair glue (:blink:), kidz ear defenders, power bank, bungies, power bank, shoe repair glue (:blink:), little bells (as tent alarm, I guess), bungies, kidz ear defenders, kids trolley, fishing tackle bite alarm (:blink:), Hail To The Thief, footwear cleaner, USB cables, windshield, The King of Limbs, purse chain, Amnesiac, bungie, purse chain, case for power bank,

Edited by eFestivals

56 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

tent, tent, solar powered lantern, shoe repair glue (:blink:), kidz ear defenders, power bank, bungies, power bank, shoe repair glue (:blink:), little bells (as tent alarm, I guess), bungies, kidz ear defenders, kids trolley, fishing tackle bite alarm (:blink:), Hail To The Thief, footwear cleaner, USB cables, windshield, The King of Limbs, purse chain, Amnesiac, bungie, purse chain, case for power bank,

#2,756,112 - Pablo Honey

• Upvote 1

Here we go, I might be wrong but I think 'I might be wrong' is a tremendous place to start with. I've come to it late, but I love it. Probably as good as any of the albums, I think.

So, that's that discussion ended. No need to list anything, anymore, ever.

Edited by Mardy

25 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Here we go, I might be wrong but I think 'I might be wrong' is a tremendous place to start with. I've come to it late, but I love it. Probably as good as any of the albums, I think.

The version of Like Spinning Plates pisses all over the Amnesiac recording with all the studio trickery.

3 hours ago, Mardy said:

The version of The National Anthem on there is brilliant. 

So my brother has just had a message from a friend who has press passes each year and apparently says 2017 will be Foos, Radiohead and Stone Roses....

He heard this from a mysterious man named "Barry" - apparently a good friend of Michael?

He also mentioned plans for a Foos/Roses Prince tribute... because of something about him pulling out in 2014 for contractucal reasons.

Oh and apparently Thom Yorke was in Piano bar this year and it seems we all missed it.

Not sure how reliable the info is but thought I'd share...

(Neil, feel free to DM for more accurate details of source)

Edited by wilem

7 minutes ago, wilem said:

So my brother has just had a message from a friend who has press passes each year and apparently says 2017 will be Foos, Radiohead and Stone Roses....

He heard this from a mysterious man named "Barry" - apparently a good friend of Michael?

Word also says that some Foos/Roses Prince tribute... and something about him pulling out in 2014 for contractucal reasons.

Oh and apparently Thom Yorke was in Piano bar this year and it seems we all missed it.

(Neil, feel free to DM for more accurate details of source)

considering Sheeran is the current frontrunner, and i'm fairly sure another festival's booker has said Foos aren't touring next year, i'm calling BS on this. things change obviously, but Sheeran's absence there seems off, and a Foos/Roses Prince tribute? i think not

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

considering Sheeran is the current frontrunner, and i'm fairly sure another festival's booker has said Foos aren't touring next year, i'm calling BS on this. things change obviously, but Sheeran's absence there seems off, and a Foos/Roses Prince tribute? i think not

Like I say, no idea how reliable it really is - I believe the guy has heard this, but don't know if he's heard it accurately. Only time will tell I guess...

9 hours ago, wilem said:

Like I say, no idea how reliable it really is - I believe the guy has heard this, but don't know if he's heard it accurately. Only time will tell I guess...

RH and SR matches what we've heard from someone close to Michael, tho he might have been on a wind-up (he was very pissed at the time), tho mostly likely not.

Foos depends on when their hiatus ends. I'd not really been expecting them next year but it's far from impossible - tho what i hate about this is its such an obvious guess it's difficult to gauge how accurate it might be.

9 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I'd be more suspicious if everything lined up exactly with what we were all predicting on here. Going off past predictions of the eFests hive mind we usually get at least one act wrong we think are nailed on in August and one of the outside chances gets announced first.

32 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

RH and SR matches what we've heard from someone close to Michael, tho he might have been on a wind-up (he was very pissed at the time), tho mostly likely not.

Foos depends on when their hiatus ends. I'd not really been expecting them next year but it's far from impossible - tho what i hate about this is its such an obvious guess it's difficult to gauge how accurate it might be.

There goes my Depeche Mode dream :-(

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'd be more suspicious if everything lined up exactly with what we were all predicting on here. Going off past predictions of the eFests hive mind we usually get at least one act wrong we think are nailed on in August and one of the outside chances gets announced first.

The Foos/Stones Prince tribute is the bit that seems the most ridiculous. Can you really imagine Ian Brown and Dave Grohl on stage together covering I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man more than a year after Prince passed (and after various other tributes at this years festival)? If this info came with that Prince bit tacked on then I'm calling BS on the lot. And I still think any prediction right now without Sheeran involved has gotta be a wildcard as he seems to be too obvious of a booking

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

while Sheerhan is obvious from some angles, it's perhaps a bit premature from his own point of view.- and he seems to be someone working to his own timetable.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/glastonbury-2016-headliner-ed-sheeran-says-he-wont-be-topping-the-bill-until-he-has-at-least-three-a6700796.html

53 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

The Foos/Stones Prince tribute is the bit that seems the most ridiculous. Can you really imagine Ian Brown and Dave Grohl on stage together covering I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man more than a year after Prince passed (and after various other tributes at this years festival)? If this info came with that Prince bit tacked on then I'm calling BS on the lot. And I still think any prediction right now without Sheeran involved has gotta be a wildcard as he seems to be too obvious of a booking

That's true, I don't see why there would be another tribute for an act that never played and kept giving the festival shit after negotiations fell apart because he was a bit bonkers.

1 minute ago, wilem said:

I personally don't believe the Prince bit either...

But I think the headliner predictions may have some truth in them

i find it hard to believe until Foos announce that they're active again. will've been a year and a half since they announced their hiatus by the time the festival rolls round so not impossible that they could appear, but you'd imagine they'd be returning with a new album and proper tour which takes a bit longer than a year and a half to put together + the hiatus they're taking

16 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

i find it hard to believe until Foos announce that they're active again. will've been a year and a half since they announced their hiatus by the time the festival rolls round so not impossible that they could appear, but you'd imagine they'd be returning with a new album and proper tour which takes a bit longer than a year and a half to put together + the hiatus they're taking

yeah, that's my thinking too, so had been presuming that 2017 would be too soon.

However, no one is more likely to be in the loop with the foos plans than the Eavii, so it's just about impossible to know whether it's accurate or not.

14 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I agree this sounds like BS.

Although the bit about Radiohead playing is clearly spot on and I think we can go ahead and move them to TBC.

*grabs a rolo yoghurt and puts Kid A on*

;)