Headliner predictions 2017

swede

4 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

who was it last year :( we had Flo the year before who isn't technically ginger but close enough

justice for gingers

Adele

she's a Ginger, I forgot about Florence. its a conspiracy they are taking over the world

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2010: The Flaming Lips / Muse / Stevie Wonder
2011: U2 / The Chemical Bros / QOTSA
2013: Arctic Monkeys / Rolling Stones / Shangri La
2014: Arcade Fire / Metallica / Kasabian 
2015: Hot Chip / Kanye West / The Chemical Bros
2016: Muse / New Order / Earth, Wind, Fire

10/18 for me. Only regret is probably not seeing Adele.

1 hour ago, The60ftOctopus said:

2010: The Flaming Lips / Muse / Stevie Wonder
2011: U2 / The Chemical Bros / QOTSA
2013: Arctic Monkeys / Rolling Stones / Shangri La
2014: Arcade Fire / Metallica / Kasabian 
2015: Hot Chip / Kanye West / The Chemical Bros
2016: Muse / New Order / Earth, Wind, Fire

10/18 for me. Only regret is probably not seeing Adele.

I'm not into Adele's music, but really wanted to watch her, as I like her. But man, the crowd was nuts. Specifically, the Adele fanboys. After the first song I had to (attempt to) leave, because i was not standing anymore just getting crushed. I had all these beefy dudes singing the tunes slowly engulfing me, was actually hard to breathe.

I think it's the only time at the festival that I was scared for my well being. It was hilarious in hindsight though, and getting out of the crowd took so long that upon BBC iplayer review I realised I had seen all the best bits. 

Seriously, roughest crowd I've ever experienced haha!

2 minutes ago, Cbrinxy said:

I'm not into Adele's music, but really wanted to watch her, as I like her. But man, the crowd was nuts. Specifically, the Adele fanboys. After the first song I had to (attempt to) leave, because i was not standing anymore just getting crushed. I had all these beefy dudes singing the tunes slowly engulfing me, was actually hard to breathe.

I think it's the only time at the festival that I was scared for my well being. It was hilarious in hindsight though, and getting out of the crowd took so long that upon BBC iplayer review I realised I had seen all the best bits. 

Seriously, roughest crowd I've ever experienced haha!

it's quite funny that before the festival many people were pondering how still a sedated her crowd would be, when in fact as you say, it was bloody mental :lol:

i'm sure the mud had a large part in how dangerous the crowd was but regardless, people were losing their shit (me and my friends included)

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

it's quite funny that before the festival many people were pondering how still a sedated her crowd would be, when in fact as you say, it was bloody mental :lol:

i'm sure the mud had a large part in how dangerous the crowd was but regardless, people were losing their shit (me and my friends included)

Completely, I was actually surprised that there was no reports of mass injury the next day. Another funny experience I had at the pyramid stage was in 2011 pre-beyonce. Some genius who put together the schedule (and seriously a genius because it was hilarious) put Pendulum to open for Beyonce. 

So there was all these little chicks ready to shake their jelly, getting completely trashed by the mental Pendulum crowd. I'm a little chick myself but I'm lucky to have had two big stangers on either side of me who created a great protection barrier. But the shock on the girls faces was priceless.

51 minutes ago, Cbrinxy said:

Completely, I was actually surprised that there was no reports of mass injury the next day. Another funny experience I had at the pyramid stage was in 2011 pre-beyonce. Some genius who put together the schedule (and seriously a genius because it was hilarious) put Pendulum to open for Beyonce. 

So there was all these little chicks ready to shake their jelly, getting completely trashed by the mental Pendulum crowd. I'm a little chick myself but I'm lucky to have had two big stangers on either side of me who created a great protection barrier. But the shock on the girls faces was priceless.

Yup... my friends were being SO boring during Pendulum and so I decided the only way to get rid of their vibes was to dance my way forward through the crowd. A bit too aggressively, sadly, as I knocked over a little girl (I'm talking ten). Her Dad was not happy. I wouldn't have been either. Felt SO bad! I did find her after though and wished her a fun time at Bey..

As for Ed, as Zac already said, Castle On The Hill was made for the Pyramid.

4 hours ago, The Orgazoid said:

I'm absolutely fine with that. I'm already having nightmares about being stood next to casuals, chatting their way through the set waiting for Creep. 

Agreed. After LCD last year, I'm now a convert to the idea of the ideal being a big stage with a small but dedicated crowd. As long as the crowd is dense enough where I'm stood for some atmosphere, I really don't care how big it is.

3 hours ago, Tuna said:

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter if you're a veteran of Glastonbury or if you just want tickets to go and see Ed Sheeran. There's no 'right reason' to go to Glastonbury and no correct way to digest it. It's the joy of democracy - you're no more likely to get a ticket than anyone else. My vote is worth the same as Theresa May's, etc. (Well, that analogy kind of works. Chances are, you'll be more organised than any of this lot, especially with all of the help around here, so actually have 6 tickets for the lottery instead of 1.)

Not to shit on your parade - I do hope you do get a ticket sorted - but I don't really rate the feeling of entitlement people have because they do Glastonbury 'properly'. 

If 2016 taught us anything, it's that roughly 50% of people are c**ts and democracy is a very bad idea. And Ed Sheeran is shit, but we already knew that.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Quality aside, I think it's fair to say that these songs have both gone over big.  If there was ever any doubt that his popularity wouldn't sustain (and he'd thus look like a headliner whose moment had passed) then it's time to put that theory to bed.

was anybody thinking that? seems madness to me that people could think he's doing anything but going up and up

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

If 2016 taught us anything, it's that roughly 50% of people are c**ts and democracy is a very bad idea. And Ed Sheeran is shit, but we already knew that.

I thought the crowd were much friendly last year compared to previous years or does that mean I'm one of the c**ts?