Will you be returning next year?

PurpleFire

Will you return to Glastonbury Festival in 2017  

528 members have voted

1. 1. Will you return to Glastonbury Festival (Tickets Aside) in 2017?

• Yes
    • No

36 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Also, bit of a sketchy moment on Wednesday when carrying some stuff in from the car, a car came sliding down the big hill in I think it's blue car park on the way to gate B. The driver lost control in the mud and came straight for me before swerving into a barricade and crashing, luckily all the passengers were alright but it was a pretty scary experience. 

That wasn't in East 2 car park by any chance was it? I saw a Fiesta in there that had crashed in to another car down the mudslide of a hill! 

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, mgc07 said:

I didn't get tickets this year so watched from home, I didn't feel I missed it as much as I thought I would. Judging from what I watched everyone looked drenched and miserable this year and kind of lacked the fun atmosphere of the past two years I was there. The crowds were a little more up for the headliners but for the rest of the acts the atmosphere was a little subdued. There didn't seem to be as many flags which I felt a little odd. I'm definitely going to try for tickets next year though.

None of that was actually the case. It was a great year. 

3 minutes ago, ads1980 said:

That wasn't in East 2 car park by any chance was it? I saw a Fiesta in there that had crashed in to another car down the mudslide of a hill! 

Yeah that was the one, think it was about 8/9 o'clock on the Wednesday! Forgot to add a steward had knocked out the lights that lit the path to the gate which made navigating the mud fun!

21 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Yeah that was the one, think it was about 8/9 o'clock on the Wednesday! Forgot to add a steward had knocked out the lights that lit the path to the gate which made navigating the mud fun!

I took a few pics of that car. I was amazed actually. It looks a proper mess but I couldn't see how it had been done and then it looked like it had come to rest against the Land Rover and just been left there with a note on the dash saying something like "Involved in an incident. If towing away please call (someone's mobile number)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Am exhausted and never want to put wellies on again. I've been to 18 Glastonbury's and will still look forward to going again I think. I didn't really enjoy this one  for the following: 

1.-my feet suffered alot more with no respite from wellies.  Even other wet years it has dried up a bit by Sunday enough to wear trainers or been dry at the start.

2.For the first time I didn't get round the whole site and missed out on whole areas I normally wander around. Missed a few things on at Park and John Peel as couldn't face the slog. Never went to SE corner, Arcadia or Green Fields, - ended up mostly near Pyramid :(

3. It wasn't the worst mud or rain I've seen - 97, 98, 2007 were worse. Possibly also 2011. But it was colder and more miserable than usual-normally we get a bit of hot sunshine so you can't stay in tent- not this year. 

4. Maybe I am getting too old but I like to sit down on the grass and bimble around! 

5. Far too many people now makes getting from A-B really hard and almost everywhere is packed out. Although on a positive note plenty of camping space this year - maybe reflecting the increased numbers who choose Worthy View, camper vans and off site facilities which have increased space over the years. 

We must be due a dry/ish year and if I don't try for tickets Sod's law it will be that year!! 

Its a 4/10 for me this year. 

9 minutes ago, ads1980 said:

I took a few pics of that car. I was amazed actually. It looks a proper mess but I couldn't see how it had been done and then it looked like it had come to rest against the Land Rover and just been left there with a note on the dash saying something like "Involved in an incident. If towing away please call (someone's mobile number)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

This wasn't actually the one I witnessed, the car I saw actually carried on right down the path and smashed into the gate that people use to cross over into the next car park! Seems this was a really treacherous area, hope everyone involved is alright

I had THE BEST time! I was just so happy to be there. I felt so lucky to have a ticket, so lucky it hadn't been a week earlier when the weather was so bad, so happy it wasn't cold or raining most of the time. The mud did make getting around extremely difficult and I had to miss seeing lots of bands I'd hoped to see - but it just meant I went to see other things that I'd never normally have explored and that felt like a gift too. My health problems which had flared up calmed down enough for me to enjoy it and at a time when I was quite shaken by the recent events in the news it felt the perfect place to be. I had an amazing Glastonbury and have come away feeling really lucky, really grateful and really happy.

Thanks again to @dizzymoo for nabbing my ticket against all the odds in the secret resale :)

3 hours ago, Ommadawn said:Really? It was hard going but not nearly impossible surely. The mud was bad but it didn't stop me from going anywhere (it just took twice as long).

I just remember it being horrific on the Thursday night in particular. All of us kept getting stuck and wellies were coming off. 

Didn't stop us going anywhere like you say- but a really tough week on the old legs. 

Setting up the van at 2am in East in the pitch black Tuesday night after a 5 hour queue and having my purse stolen on Saturday evening, despite thinking I had taken lots of precautions, not ideal!!  Quite a bit of cash and my ticket gone. Had to be double banded to get in and out. Note to self keep ticket separate from cash and just take out so much a day. Purse and ticket no doubt lost to the mud!! 

Will we be trying on T Day... absolutely!!!

4 minutes ago, rpfranks said:

I just remember it being horrific on the Thursday night in particular. All of us kept getting stuck and wellies were coming off. 

Didn't stop us going anywhere like you say- but a really tough week on the old legs. 

Yeah, I must admit my legs hurt today.

3 minutes ago, Dillyblue said:

Setting up the van at 2am in East in the pitch black Tuesday night after a 5 hour queue and having my purse stolen on Saturday evening, despite thinking I had taken lots of precautions, not ideal!!  Quite a bit of cash and my ticket gone. Had to be double banded to get in and out. Note to self keep ticket separate from cash and just take out so much a day. Purse and ticket no doubt lost to the mud!! 

Will we be trying on T Day... absolutely!!!

It might be worth checking with lost property in case it was handed in? You never know - some people are honest! 

8 minutes ago, rpfranks said:

Intriguing!  Thursday was the one and only day that I was able to downgrade from wellies to boots.  I'm surprised so few people did it.  So much nicer and more comfortable.

100% be back. The mud has well and truly strengthened my calf and thigh muscles which can only be a good thing, although did think it would break me, Being extremely drunk at 6am Saturday night stuck in the mud at Shangri La was a particular low.

Overall, I went into it thinking it was the worst lineup of the four i've attended but I ended up having the best time of all four. Didn't bump into any arseholes and noticed a lot less pissing on the land this year. Disclosure, CHURCHES, New Order and Foals all brilliant.

10 minutes ago, sedra said:

It might be worth checking with lost property in case it was handed in? You never know - some people are honest! 

Yes will do that. Thanks. Even getting my purse back would be nice as my 'Glasto' purse!! X

Definitely! 

Most of my usual group decided to have a year off but I couldn't dare do that. I had a phenomenal time! Not sure I'll bother with SE next year though, seems to have lost some magic. To be fair just dancing in one of the random bars can be more fun! 

I think we're done for a few years. The buzz just doesn't outweigh the downs any more.  The weather was atrocious, worst for me since 2007 (we missed 2008 and 2009).  And the organisation of the crowds in the pinch points (SE corner, Arcadia, Pyramid / Other track) is non-existent.

More than that it's just not for us any more.  It's too big.  I don't actually need the variety any more.  I don't need late night entertainment - I don't have the stamina.  I don't need the clashes.  Definitely going to look for something smaller.

We've got a lot of other holidays planned over the next two years as well and it just feels like something we do out of habit.  Time to hand over to others methinks.  I don't feel like we'll never be back just not for 5-10 years.

Reading some of these comments. I remembered a real low of mine during the BMTH set. A girl and her boyfriend barged there way to the front until some girl blocked them, to stop them from getting in front of her and quite rightly so. The girl she blocked when at her like a ravaged dog. Her boyfriend pulled her off. Her language and manner was disgusting. Her boyfriend on the other hand was embarrassed but obviously scared of her.

She then lit a fag and started to blow it in the other girls face. Then they had to be separated again. There were kids around who got caught up in the pushing and looked generally scared.

Edited by 6t6o6m
Shit poor grammar

It was a good year, not the best imo but still had a great time. 

1) mud was fucking nuts, worst it's ever been. It wouldn't be so bad if it was that soft slushy type of mud but it was more of that clay/sticky type of mud, going into the south east corners there were tonnes of people falling over

2) fatboy slim at John peel, best set of my weekend, the crowd were amazing and everyone was dancing, sound was good but there was way too many people. The crowd was going back all the way to the bar it was that big, I think he deserves a bigger stage now. Although I'm pretty sure if the stage was where it was last year it wouldn't have been so bad.

3) only saw a couple of people peeing on the land, huge different to 2/3 years ago where you couldn't go anywhere without seeing someone piss. There was one girl in silver Hayes that squatted down right next to us though and had a piss. this was right in the open though next to the ice cream truck, mental. 

4) need more hip hop

This is my third Glastonbury and I'll 100% be trying for tickets. The mud made it harder and there was a moment yesterday just before Guy Garvey that I was wet, cold, tired and with blistered feet that I felt a little overwhelmed by it all. Thankfully, my husband told me to put my big girl pants on, handed me the vodka and I was able to carry on for a boogie with Earth, Wind and Fire and even a while down shangri-la after.

I loved the crowd this year. Never have I talked to so many people - the crowd at West Holts down front for EWF were particularly friendly and we all shared our drinks and a singalong. 

My only gripe is we were in pink parking 55...with a trolley. I nearly cried at one point.