Weather 2016

Keithy

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, richroet said:

2011 was a mere damp squib to 1997 and 2007 my first two festivals

I know.  I keep thinking that one year I#m going to get a bad one but so far (touch wood) the weather has never been that bad when I've been there.

Just now, 4AssedMonkey said:

I know.  I keep thinking that one year I#m going to get a bad one but so far (touch wood) the weather has never been that bad when I've been there.

Keep getting tickets and keep the fine weather record and I will be very happy

4 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Thunderstorms Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and rain Saturday, Sunday.

A few different places reporting the same now.

axe9sy.jpg

Pack the rain gear. El Nino has struck. 2007 all over again. "A" thunderstorm and "A" shower are nothing like a 2007 and neither are the temperatures. Keep the faith

Still a very generic safety first type of forecast. Seen lots worse a lot closer to the festival.

It's still too far away for any meaningful forecast.  All they can do at this distance is look at previous year averages.  With weather patterns shifting so much I don't think we'll get a clear picture until about ten days beforehand.

The only thing you can say with certainty right now is that we'll have weather at Glastonbury.

3 minutes ago, Finding leto14 said:

That accuweather is completely guess work. You can tell by the fact it's thunderstorms for 4 days straight. Cmon this is England, not the tropical islands. also it just says sun with a shower? So actually that weather is perfect Really. Why the doom and gloom!

Its very possible to have thunderstorms and rain for 4 days straight. Especially as summer hasn't even arrived yet! These weather systems crashing together. Just like this week.

Oh dear!

4 minutes ago, The Nal said:

The place is going to look like this by Friday

glastonbury-weather.jpg?w=1180

*wince* I hope not.  I really hope not.  That said, I did watch a documentary on the El Nino/El Nina phenomenon earlier this year and it appears the experts are convinced that this year we are set for a stinker, weather-wise.  Fingers crossed they're wrong.....

34 minutes ago, The Nal said:

The place is going to look like this by Friday

Nothing like a pool of watery mud for a Glasto paddle...

I think Nal is trying to bait us with his negativity. Me I very much a glass half full person and those pictures are nothing compared to 1997 and those days are long gone....

6 minutes ago, richroet said:

Nothing like a pool of watery mud for a Glasto paddle...

I think Nal is trying to bait us with his negativity. Me I very much a glass half full person and those pictures are nothing compared to 1997 and those days are long gone....

Bait us!? The Nal, the Nal knows all...

I like the one rather hopeful looking pile of straw in Nal's first picture.  That's the kind of token effort that I'm used to from festivals.

Last year when the rain came it was like a military operation, with woodchip and straw going down in soggy points before you had a chance to lose a boot in them.