Anyone else got Glastonbury blues/comedown?

Matt42

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently watching stuff on the iplayer with headphones in and a few ales. Feeling a bit emotional and I'm not even drunk! At least I'm off work tomorrow as a recovery day.

same.... few beers and iplayer, i never get too emotional but when stuck on you by lionel came on it very nearly had me last night !

Am in the throes of despair here. Started to clean my trainers I stupidly wore on Friday instead of wellies (still didn't fall, even at CC in Strummerville that night somehow), a bit of dried mud dropped into my hand and couldn't part with it.

Watched some of the highlights and the final montage completely got me, as did a comment from a first-timer friend that the festival restored his faith in humanity. What a week. So tough sitting at home totally disconnected from so many brilliant people with smiles on their faces enjoying the best place in the world.

maybe it's delayed a bit this year but thus far i don't feel that bad at all. slept for 12 hours last night and then another 5 a bit later on and still feel exhausted, and haven't stopped eating the times i've been awake, but that's about it. this time last year i was literally on the verge of suicide for a good week. felt so horrible. not sure what i did differently this year (better drugs? maybe didn't get quite as hammered) but i'll sure be doing it again next year (unless it kicks in in the next couple of days, in which case it's back to the drawing board)

edit: although i did get a bit emotional and had a little cry watching an episode of Lost earlier which was weird

Edited by FloorFiller

It usually hits me like a brick when the coach pulls in and I realise I'm home, but so far it's not too bad.  Not sure if it's because I'm starting a new course on Friday that I've been waiting a few months to do so I'm riding the positivity for that, or if it's going to wait a few days and smack me over the head.  We shall see.

Not back at work till Friday and I'll be surprised if I'm right by then. Just cannot sleep, got the terrors on an evening, just feel drained! I seemed ok on Monday when I got in as well.

I tried that 5HTP that I heard people go on about. Took it Monday and Tuesday night before bed to see if it made me better. I reckon it's made me worse!!! Awful lucid dreams, ears buzzing. Awful!!

Been walking the dog and exercising at the gym, trying to sweat it out.

Grim!

Edited by Badlands

I'm still teary! Been back at work two days and anytime 6music play anything from Glastonbury I get goose pimples and want to cry! Super Furrys this morning and I did shed a tear! It's such a good party, hard not to feel sad when you get back

felt a little shittier today than yesterday - feeling really lethargic and down with zero energy, and have been absolutely exhausted. had another little three hour nap during the day despite getting 11 hours sleep last night. hope this doesn't continue to get worse as each day goes by. don't think i can handle feeling this bummed out for too long! thank god i'm not back in work until next week

Pretty bad this year, in direct relation to how good it was. Coming back to the wife and 1-year-old who I missed terribly has eased it a bit but it still sneaks in there and when it does I just can't believe it's over