Friday opener?

sedra

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are people actually being serious? The strokes, Blur..... It's much more likely (if it even happens) to be a razorlight (they've reformed right?) or bloc party.

Rayzorlite are playing a whole long list of shit village fete type festivals with loads of pop acts. ]

THEY HAVE FINALLY FOUND THEIR LEVEL!!!

That's not correct. Lorde was going to guest with someone (I forget who).

Wasn't it Arcade Fire?

That'd be like genocide in Oxlyers being awoken on Thursday aftermorning by Bastille, that's a sufferance comparable to 5 more years of the eton puff adders in power

The Hives would be ideal, gap in schedule & they are playing in London the week after. They were the second band I saw at my first Glasto (2013) and the best live performance I've seen there in either 2013 or 2014.

NGHFB would be good, I enjoyed Kaiser Chiefs more than I thought I would last year and singing along to some Oasis classics in 2013 wasn't a bad way to start the week even if LG is a knob.

I quite like Bastille too but doesn't seem to be a popular option on here for some reason.

I quite like Bastille too but doesn't seem to be a popular option on here for some reason.

Because they're gash.

I have a sneaky about Muse being there somewhere over the weekend. Maybe Libs. NGHFB wouldn't surprise me as he seems to be missing when his mates Roger and Paul are closing the festy.

*EDIT* Again.... It WILL probably not be any of the aforementioned, and indeed be someone super pants

Edited by kaisherz

Several people have stated that last year Kaiser Chiefs filled in for Lorde?

Is this fact or speculation?

Anyone have a theory on how the "secret" sets of years past i.e. Pulp/Radiohead have been scrapped and now we get a past it Judge off the voice? I know safety was an issue for The Park etc but couldn't someone as equally big play The Other on a Friday?

Harsh i know, i used to love Kaiser Chiefs in 2005.

Several people have stated that last year Kaiser Chiefs filled in for Lorde?

Is this fact or speculation?

Lorde was definitely supposed to be at Glastonbury - she tweeted about how devastated she was that she couldn't make it - but nobody's sure in what capacity. there were stories that she was the Other opener, and also some that she was supposed to appear with Arcade Fire at some point. both are possibly true. it being Kaiser Chiefs, a band already playing the festival, on that very day, definitely suggests that somebody bailed last minute and they had to ask an already booked act to fill in

Following its in noble traditions I am expecting the Enemy.

(Maximo Park is my hopefull guess, doing their first album in full)

i'm not expecting it to be anybody great, but i'm definitely expecting it to be somebody with a bit of hype surrounding them / something SOME people will get excited about - if it's gonna be somebody shite, it'll be somebody recently shite. Beady Eye was big because of Liam, Kaisers because of their sudden boost in popularity. imagine if The Enemy or Maximo Park walked out - mass evacuation of the Other field