InvalidUsername

Videos to show first timers

I can't get this to embed as it's on Dailymotion, but this is from Elbow last year, after the storm had cleared away leaving the most beautiful sunset I can remember, glinting through from behind the stage. The BBC captured it well for once.

http://dai.ly/x25jsqt(skip to about 36:35 for full effect)

If things pan out how I want them to :D

That was my first year at Glastonbury, not a bad introduction. The Blur clips still send a massive shiver down my spine, especially the end of Tender. Awesome.

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the 'Michael Eavis - Glastonbury Man' documentary? I have the two Julien Temple docs but remember this one was really good but can't find it anywhere. There's a really emotional bit at the end when he reminisces about his wife, Jean

Been looking myself, it's a favourite of mine with some cracking insight into the organisation back then, not least because it was filmed in the run up to a year that went down in legend.

Not as professionally done as some of the other vids on here, but these are my highlights of Glastonbury from two years ago...

• Upvote 1

Not as professionally done as some of the other vids on here, but these are my highlights of Glastonbury from two years ago...

Finally got around to watching it (i.e. remembering about when I get home, after reading the posts at work!)

Just fantastic, proper just captures wondering around Glastonbury! Lives up to the name for sure!

I can't find a direct link... But does anyone have the BBC video from last year with a bunch of performers going "GLASTONBURYYYYYYYYYY"?

That got my hype up last year!

Found this video, and it's about the best I've seen at capturing the vibe of the first couple of days.

If you are an old fart like me you might be put off by the whole vlog aspect, but I stuck with it for a couple of minutes and got really in to it, he does a cracking job.

Edited by mazola
  • Upvote 3

Finally got around to watching it (i.e. remembering about when I get home, after reading the posts at work!)

Just fantastic, proper just captures wondering around Glastonbury! Lives up to the name for sure!

Thanks Tom!! So glad you enjoyed it :D

Found this video, and it's about the best I've seen at capturing the vibe of the first couple of days.

If you are an old fart like me you might be put off by the whole vlog aspect, but I stuck with it for a couple of minutes and got really in to it, he does a cracking job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic7ggHFMxrk

This is nice, enjoyed this and the second part, am too excited for my first one!!

for those first timers whose view of Glastonbury is based predominantly on TV footage of Pyramid stage rock'n'roll - this is a video that I took last year - for me Glastonbury is about so many other things, this kind of sums them all up in one

https://youtu.be/R4YtTZIqEuI

Edited by mikeydredlox

I can't find a direct link... But does anyone have the BBC video from last year with a bunch of performers going "GLASTONBURYYYYYYYYYY"?

That got my hype up last year!

This one! (I think i am at work, so can't hear it, so not 100%)

for those first timers whose view of Glastonbury is based predominantly on TV footage of Pyramid stage rock'n'roll - this is a video that I took last year - for me Glastonbury is about so many other things, this kind of sums them all up in one

https://youtu.be/R4YtTZIqEuI

That's brilliant. Gutted I missed them.