Acid_Haze

In your opinion of course. but like ive said beofre, you dont speak on behalf of glastonbury. You said it yourself "Mass Scale" so thank you for proving my point. I dont think noel should headline, he should sub. But he'd headline way before Morrissey :bye:

Neither do you

• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

I was more meaning in general than in terms of Glastonbury specifically but I reckon Noel would draw a reasonable crowd as a headliner, doubt it would be any smaller than Arcade Fire's anyway. Not sure I'd say the same for Morrissey.

The field was very, very quiet for Morrissey when he subbed U2 a few years back and he didn't look happy about it. However this could have been down to the awful weather and everyone trying to catch Radiohead who were in the Park at the same time.

Neil, your point that the mystery third headliner has other shows makes sense and thats good enough for me. Is it possible that these other shows have still to be announced ? eg. The Roses are about to announce a load of outdoor gigs across the UK or Prince is soon to announce 20 nights at the O2 etc

If this were true then it could be anybody.....apart from Muse or ACDC.

I`ll guess Taylor Swift into Prince was the plan but he is pissing them about so there going to either bump up Swifty or get some dross like Calvin Harris to finish things off.

I reckon something like

Sub -Noel/strokes/libertines/prodigy

Headliner-I'm not convinced it will be blur or FM but can't think of anyone else

Noel is the only other likely one and imo I think both of the Sunday header and sub may still have to sell tickets. There was no reason to leave a sub off of the poster if not really. I know there isn't as many names on this 1st poster but still, both other subs are announced.

Noel is the only other likely one and imo I think both of the Sunday header and sub may still have to sell tickets. There was no reason to leave a sub off of the poster if not really. I know there isn't as many names on this 1st poster but still, both other subs are announced.

I'm not very educated on this I have to admit. So please people correct me as I'm sure u will do.

But don't the strokes have bst to sell?

And are libertines and prodigy exclusive elsewhere?

Reasons to not be announced yet?

Neil, your point that the mystery third headliner has other shows makes sense and thats good enough for me. Is it possible that these other shows have still to be announced ? eg. The Roses are about to announce a load of outdoor gigs across the UK or Prince is soon to announce 20 nights at the O2 etc

If this were true then it could be anybody.....apart from Muse or ACDC.

I`ll guess Taylor Swift into Prince was the plan but he is pissing them about so there going to either bump up Swifty or get some dross like Calvin Harris to finish things off.

It'll almost certainly be someone who has already announced shows, there's no way The Roses (or any other act) could announce outdoor shows this summer. They have to be booked and organised months in advance, which is why they're usually announced in the winter before. Even an arena tour with 2-3 months notice is a stretch.

It has to be someone who's already got shows we know about.

The field was very, very quiet for Morrissey when he subbed U2 a few years back and he didn't look happy about it. However this could have been down to the awful weather and everyone trying to catch Radiohead who were in the Park at the same time.

Either that or that strange sequence you always get with Morrissey live where the crowd get excited when a Smiths song starts for the excitement to quickly die as his band do horrible things to it, making it sound like a poor Smiths tribute act

I'm not very educated on this I have to admit. So please people correct me as I'm sure u will do.

But don't the strokes have bst to sell?

And are libertines and prodigy exclusive elsewhere?

Reasons to not be announced yet?

The Strokes ruled themselves out and are BST Exclusive.

The Libertines aren't ruled out and are only at R&L but on no exclusive, but much more chance of playing Friday Other opening unless they really are going to push it.

The Prodigy are at IOW but no exclusive, this one baffles me as no one else has them. All I can think here is that they were playing V like lucky suggested but something happened to mean this was no longer happening and other people had booked their top acts up by this time and couldn't capitalize.

It'll almost certainly be someone who has already announced shows, there's no way The Roses (or any other act) could announce outdoor shows this summer. They have to be booked and organised months in advance, which is why they're usually announced in the winter before. Even an arena tour with 2-3 months notice is a stretch.

It has to be someone who's already got shows we know about.

The ONLY act I can think of that would be different to this would be Prince with his hit and run tour (announced very last minute) but that's jisut me being hopeful. Reckon you're right and it's an act with shows already announced

Either that or that strange sequence you always get with Morrissey live where the crowd get excited when a Smiths song starts for the excitement to quickly die as his band do horrible things to it, making it sound like a poor Smiths tribute act

haha, 2bf to them tho, you gotta feel sorry for that guitarist trying to play Marr's guitar. The Smyths are better than Mozza's band!

I'm not sure about this Neil? Noel playing a 45k outdoor London event which is not sold out yet, and also Latitude got him. I found the idea of Latitude strange after the T announcement and when it was made it's quite clear I feel that T gave him that as other options just weren't available. It probably didn't help them that the list of Coldplay, KOL, Foo Fighters and Muse were unavailable for whatever reason and the fact they couldn't have got Foo's even if they wanted to. For what T would book I'm not sure who else was round to do it? They probably weren't aware of Blur's availability when booking.

word I've heard is that sales are worryingly poor at a number of the festivals with the more rock-ie line-ups - whilst the likes of that new Wildlife festival flew out of the door. So I wouldn't necessarily use the fact of Calling not being sold out as an indicator in the way you're doing, as this year seems to be working in a different way to the past.

I agree he probably wasn't first choice for T, but he's a good enough for T to choose as proven by them booking him.

Whether he's headlining Glastonbury or not he's about in the ballpark of that status, even if it might be at the lower end.